Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 07:57 AM

7 posts, read 14,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I've made - remembering Crisp444 properly useful map - a new map with updates/adjustments covering all neighborhoods and Cities within Miami-Dade County rated by general quality of life/desirability.

The link to it is at the end on this opening post. This should be useful to a great number of people relocating or thinking of relocating to Miami-Dade.

Notes: Input/comments to make further updates soon on the map are very appreciated. It's a Beta project.

Additionally, if you can't see all the areas in the map at the same time on the link at the end of the post, just Copy (right click on the link and Copy) and Paste the following link on the Google Maps Search and click on Search (or click Enter - both ways work): https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...237cd0fd254811 (Only click on this link itself if you wish to download the map in KML format, this way you can also see it on Google Earth) Otherwise, you can just go through the pages and see the neighborhoods page by page, by clicking Previous and Next down in the Map Description.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...237cd0fd254811

Do you have this for all the other states as well????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 04:21 PM

984 posts, read 4,314,917 times
Unfortunately not, I only have one that's done for DC. Besides that there's only the other two for PBC and Broward. I've tried making other ones for NYC and LA however I would need help from other people (I've been talking to a couple of people on how to expand this project, but it's unlikely - the SoFL ones I'll keep updating continuously personally though).

Old 03-16-2018, 07:58 PM

300 posts, read 238,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmax View Post
i've made - remembering crisp444 properly useful map - a new map with updates/adjustments covering all neighborhoods and cities within miami-dade county rated by general quality of life/desirability.

The link to it is at the end on this opening post. This should be useful to a great number of people relocating or thinking of relocating to miami-dade.

Notes: Input/comments to make further updates soon on the map are very appreciated. It's a beta project.

Additionally, if you can't see all the areas in the map at the same time on the link at the end of the post, just copy (right click on the link and copy) and paste the following link on the google maps search and click on search (or click enter - both ways work): https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=u...237cd0fd254811 (only click on this link itself if you wish to download the map in kml format, this way you can also see it on google earth) otherwise, you can just go through the pages and see the neighborhoods page by page, by clicking previous and next down in the map description.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...237cd0fd254811

a great job greatly appreciated.........thank you,

Old 04-12-2018, 09:22 PM

64 posts, read 91,777 times
Hi JacobMax,

I was reviewing your map again and I have a few other suggestions for the area of NE Dade.

The first one I had previously mentioned last time you revised the map, but you didn't make the change. Maybe you were not persuaded by my suggestion, but I do feel strongly about it so I figured I'd try again.

1. The area east of Biscayne Boulevard, north of Towers of Quayside (approx. NE Quayside Terrace) to just south of Sans Souci really should be a lower category than medium green. That area is clearly not as nice as the other neighborhoods east of Biscayne. You currently have it in the same category as Sans Souci/Keystone and East Miami Shores, but there is a very clear difference between those 2 neighborhoods and the area I am referring to. I suggest the lightest shade of green for that area.

2. North Miami: The single-family area immediately north of Biscayne Park (north of NE 121 ST) and south of the commercial and multifamily area near NE 125 ST looks almost indistinguishable from Biscayne Park and the property prices in that area reflect that it is nicer than other parts of North Miami. I would consider the boundaries of this area to be NE 8th Ave to NE 13th Ave, north of 121 Street and south of the commercial and multifamily areas near NE 125 ST. I would make this area dark blue or light green instead of the current yellow.

3. Area around Barry University: You make a distinction within Miami Shores between the areas north and south of NE 106/107 Streets. I'm not sure why this is the case. There is no meaningful difference. I think the medium green should extend all the way to Barry University. The part of Miami Shores extending further west, just south of Doctor's Charter School (between NW 2nd Ave and NW 5th Ave) should probably remain light green. The area just north of Barry (NE 2nd Ave to NW 2nd Ave between 115 and 118 street should be dark blue instead of green. It's not any different than the areas in dark blue you have immediately to the north.

For additional thought: The unincorporated wedge that is surrounded by Miami Shores on the south and west, Biscayne Park to the east, and North Miami to the north intrigues me. You have it as light green and perhaps that's the correct category for it, but I've driven by that area quite a bit and have a friend who used to live along W Biscayne Canal Road. I feel that the closer you are to the canal and NE 6th Ave, the nicer the homes and street, but this deteriorates a bit as you go west closer to NE 2nd Ave. In fact, along Biscayne Canal Road the area looks very nice - almost indistinguishable from Miami Shores. I feel like part of that area (eastern side) should be light green, but other parts dark blue (western parts). I'm just not sure where the divide could be.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:08 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,412,533 times
My Sub Division in the Hammocks is also in the Tomato Green Area.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,778 times
Default Majorca Isles III

I’m considering buying on that community next 10 days
Any update on the area,please??
Thanks

Old 12-09-2019, 05:19 PM

52 posts, read 118,918 times
Hey guys it has been several years since this map was posted. Any ideas as to what has improved or worsened? Would be very curious to read your opinions.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:53 AM

62 posts, read 121,894 times
I know this map is mad old lol, but what do the blue areas mean?

Old 07-02-2020, 09:49 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 786man View Post
I know this map is mad old lol, but what do the blue areas mean?
I saw this in post 192 above, I'm not sure if it's still accurate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post 192
You have to click on the small arrow just under the heading at top left of the map, but here is the color key just in case:

Dark Green - Very nice, well kept and very safe areas
Standard Green - Quite nice, well kept and quite safe areas
Light Green - Above average areas - nice enough, mostly well kept and safe areas
Blue - Avg. decent to reasonable areas, decent aspect and partially safe
Light Blue - Fully/Mostly Non-Residential Areas -Neutral/Variable - See neighboring areas
Yellow - Below average areas, below average aspect and partially/mostly unsafe
Orange - Mostly bad areas, shoddy aspect and unsafe
Red - Bad areas, poor aspect and quite/very unsafe

Old 09-09-2021, 10:54 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,466 times
It has been 8 years since this map was published, some improvements in the urban core, Hialeah and NE corner of the county should be noted. While Miami Beach has degraded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami