Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:41 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
why would you relocate? weston is awesome, i went there once. was sweet.
I wouldn't, at least not for now. Honestly I love this area, plus I'm fortunate enough to have great neighbors, but I'm saying if I had to. Which I might have to, depending on the future of this place. Right now I work for home so really I could live anywhere (assuming I'm near an airport)...but I have so many friends and lots of family down here so it's a lot to leave behind. That being said, I rent now, so if I ever have to leave, I can do it by the end of my lease. As far as my personal quality of life is concerned, it honestly couldn't get much higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey_Cuban View Post
What do mean banned troll?? Why did he get banned? The poor guy was just trying to vent & get advise. I don't think he has said anything offensive.
I think he was more so trying to get a reaction out of people. Honestly, I thought the same thing as you at first.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:19 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times
life is too short to stay somewhere you are miserable.

if its that bad, move.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:16 PM

9 posts, read 25,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Miami JR, where in Texas did you move to.

I live in Miami but have been to Texas. Many people do not realize that there are many nice and affordable areas in Texas.
Hi Observer

I'm in Spring

Old 12-21-2007, 02:25 PM

9 posts, read 25,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
http://www.nrtw.org/rtws.htm

I don't understand what kind of agenda we are trying to push when you all say Florida is a "right to work" state when so is nearly half of the country, including the states we are all POURING into like Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee. Most of the union states are also the biggest economic disasters in the country right now, with the highest unemployment and the highest population loss. Coincidence? I think not.
True, I failed to find that out before posting. But, there is a huge difference on how you're treated in the workplace here in Texas, rather than Miami. I was horrified from the thought of leaving Miami, or Florida for that matter. I mean, the only place I've ever known is Florida and Puerto Rico. I've never traveled anywhere else. But now that I've experienced and noticed the significant differences here in Texas, I don't regret it one bit and wish I would of made the move years ago.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:39 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamijr View Post
True, I failed to find that out before posting. But, there is a huge difference on how you're treated in the workplace here in Texas, rather than Miami. I was horrified from the thought of leaving Miami, or Florida for that matter. I mean, the only place I've ever known is Florida and Puerto Rico. I've never traveled anywhere else. But now that I've experienced and noticed the significant differences here in Texas, I don't regret it one bit and wish I would of made the move years ago.
Lots of people seem afraid to leave Miami. They think it is worse in other places. Experiences of friends have convinced me that Miami is uniquely bad, like LA, NYC and San Francisco.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamijr View Post
Well, this I do agree with. In general the work ethic seems to be stronger (I work with people from Houston). I like the Houston area a lot and definitely better than Miami (Dade). It's amazing because the jobs pay high, but the cost of living is so low there. It's still a healthy balance. You can still buy a starter house in Sugar Land (or Spring) or a place like that for 100 grand, yet it's not hard to score a job paying that same figure compared to Miami. Not to mention that place has a real sense of diversity that really shocked me when I visited (never expected it!). I'm definitely not disputing that (Houston) Texas is a better place to live, IMO, than (Miami) Florida, I was mainly just nitpicking about the union thing .

Old 12-21-2007, 07:21 PM

37 posts, read 79,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Personally I cannot see tha appeal of big cities. NYC is an absolute nightmare for me, depressing and madly overpriced. The scenery around it, however is not all bad. Living in an area without nature is not healthy in my view. Another feature of Miami is its residents hate of all things green. Most neighborhoods are devoid of trees.
Ain't that just the gosh-awful truth?! (Miami's not the only tree-bald place: the anti-tree thing has spread here to Palm Beach County.) Maybe they think something like, "What the heck? The hurricanes are gonna blow them all down anyway someday -- who needs them?"

I had the tube set to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade live from from NYC while I was preparing the turkey dinner, and I actually had to step away from the kitchen, donned in apron and oven mitts, just to get an eyeful of the luscious trees outlining all the Manhattan streets. The aerial views of Central Park could just as well have been scenes of the Blue Ridge or Vermont countrysides. To see that tiny Manhattan has more trees than all of South Florida; amazing!

Old 12-21-2007, 09:11 PM

Well, to whoever gave the neg, the guys been banned, so that isn't "paranoia".

Old 12-21-2007, 10:14 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,252,004 times
Miami Jr., isn't Spring near the Woodlands on the other side of I-45?

I've been to the Houston area and spent time in many different neighborhoods. I didn't get around to check out Spring, but I plan to when I visit the area again which is soon.

How do you like Spring so far?

Old 12-27-2007, 07:56 AM

61 posts, read 148,314 times
blacklight[b] You gave good advice to Becks79. I may need to have read that since I am very down on South Florida also. I would have gotten out by now except for this real estate market that I can not sell my condo.
My Job is very draining. Absolutely no Christmas spirit amongst the management or coworkers. We workers are just objects. I work in retail so we get it from all ends. Anyway, I feel also what this are lacks is some kind of moral or spiritual values. It is all to o disgusting to see every morning on TV the latest CVS robbery, people found dead in their apts., etc. But since I am tied up here for the time being, I know for my own mental state I have to try to make the best of things. I am going to start a training program to prepare me for elsewhere. And I should also try to spend more time with my friends and enjoying the pleasant few months remaining before the hellish summer. THank you for reminding me of what your aunt had told you about the challenge and coming out of it a warrior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami