Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:11 PM

741 posts, read 916,021 times

Advertisements

I just hope we keep all the Cuban women.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:18 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,827,191 times
Many of you have to realize that Cubans continue to immigrate into this country, meaning that not all of them have been here 50+ years. The ones that have been here less years are the ones that have a greater chance of returning back to Cuba since they are not as entrenched. They have more family back home than here, their kids also grew up in Cuba and have they have had less time to assimilate.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
^^^ That and big corporations.
You're right!

Old 06-28-2014, 07:01 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,748,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Many of you have to realize that Cubans continue to immigrate into this country, meaning that not all of them have been here 50+ years. The ones that have been here less years are the ones that have a greater chance of returning back to Cuba since they are not as entrenched. They have more family back home than here, their kids also grew up in Cuba and have they have had less time to assimilate.
I suspect that they will be the ones that move back, lottery or the wet foot dry foot ones. They are the most used to the way the island works without investment and would be cool with it. If I had a lot a loose money I would have a home there to visit, but lived in by family caretaker. Sadly in retirement I have to be savvy and I want to retire in the US.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:50 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,080,385 times
As there's a growing economy of paladares, casas particulares, private agriculture, mulas and many more concerns that are possible thanks to money from abroad, many will move there but without abandoning the US. In the future, it will be like having a second residence 90 miles away.

Seniors could benefit in the future, as facilities for seniors improve in a private or semi-private economy.

Cuban-Americans you see in Cuba are very recent arrivals, just a few years in the US. They know "la mecánica", how to make business there.

But I don't envisage any breakage with Southern Florida, it's just part of the country.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:23 AM

798 posts, read 1,461,625 times
"La tierra te duele, ....La tierra suspira si no te ve más.....La tierra donde naciste no la puedes olvidar
Porque tiene tus raíces y lo que dejas atrás"
Gloria Estefan... " MI TIERRA"

Translation:

" The land that you ache for, The land that he gives,The land that makes you sigh, If you don’t see it often.
The land where he was born;You can not forget,Because he has your origins And he leaves that behind.. " Gloria Estefan "MY HOMELAND".

I strongly recommend that you ALL Cubans go home when the system falls... pls...thank you

Old 06-29-2014, 09:57 AM

471 posts, read 621,801 times
Cubans and other spanish speaking americans built Miami. Miami is the capital of the continent. Noone is going to leave. The very essence of this city is the people that built it.

Miami is basically North Cuba. They are cool people. Intelligent, hard worker, and Catholic.

South Florida is the best region to live in the usa by far.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:04 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,080,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post
"La tierra te duele, ....La tierra suspira si no te ve más.....La tierra donde naciste no la puedes olvidar
Porque tiene tus raíces y lo que dejas atrás"
Gloria Estefan... " MI TIERRA"

Translation:

" The land that you ache for, The land that he gives,The land that makes you sigh, If you don’t see it often.
The land where he was born;You can not forget,Because he has your origins And he leaves that behind.. " Gloria Estefan "MY HOMELAND".

I strongly recommend that you ALL Cubans go home when the system falls... pls...thank you

Miami is home for all Cubans, more so in the future.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:09 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
Cubans and other spanish speaking americans built Miami. Miami is the capital of the continent. Noone is going to leave. The very essence of this city is the people that built it.

Miami is basically North Cuba. They are cool people. Intelligent, hard worker, and Catholic.

LOL, so why don't you tell everyone how you REALLY feel about Miami?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:33 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,421,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post

Mostly will buy vacation homes in Cuba
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami