Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 10:26 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,396,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
All living creatures need the rain, it is a blessing.

Glad to hear that the drought in southern California seems to be over. What do you mean the north is going to get hammered? With rain? Or more drought?
The drought is not officially over in So.Calif. If predictions about El Nino are correct we will finally have broken a four year drought come the other side of Spring.

Our rainy season is reverse of Miami: Oct. to April. We did have a "record" rain in Los Angeles in Sept. when we got a whopping 2.4 inches. Sept. is normally a dry month.

Angrytaxpayer was saying Northern Calif. is gonna get hammered with rain this rainy season, they get more rain than the south.

Miami's annual rainfall: approx. 62 inches (long run average)
Los Angeles annual rainfall: approx. 15 inches (long run average)
"Rainy" San Francisco: Approx. 21 inches (long run average)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
clearly, you're living under a rock as it's been much more than "2-3 days of rain".... it's been easily a week or more of either overcast skies or torrential rain. And how life-giving is it when the water is pooled 8 inches above any type of plant or grass. Probably killing it more than helping it.
Sounds more like Rio De Janeiro than Miami, minus the torrential rain.

Rio gets far more cloud cover than sunny Miami.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:20 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Sounds more like Rio De Janeiro than Miami, minus the torrential rain.

Rio gets far more cloud cover than sunny Miami.
I always think of Rio as like this "fun in the sun" type of place.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:40 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,898,550 times
Today was the first day it did not rain at all during daylight the entire day, in I think 2 weeks or so. But it did rain sometime this morning when it was still dark out. I have never seen flooding like this down here. I read that quite a few residential streets in Florida City and Homestead had to close. Here in the Keys it was bad. But I was lucky given that while half of my yard went several inches underwater, when the rain finally stopped for a half day at a time, it drained completely pretty quickly. Today it was totally dry everywhere, and the road was fine too. Thank god for good drainage! I am sure others in lower-lying neighborhoods are not so lucky and it will still be sitting there for a long time to come, like it did fo the king tide which just ended a few weeks before this most recent flooding mess.

It was so great to see sun!, even though the air is colder now than it was before the rains.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:48 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
My old place in Key largo did not flood at all. It's just a rock full of holes above sea level, nowhere for water to accumulate no matter how long it rains.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:35 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
I know!! I come down here for two weeks to see family and friends and all it does is rain!!!! Of course when I'm heading back to Denver tomorrow it's going to be nice. Go figure..

Old 12-14-2015, 12:33 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,647 times
Here is my yesterday. No rain in sight so I pull out the pressure washer and clean the grill and patio furniture. As soon as they are about dry the sky opens up for 3 minutes then the clouds part. They get just about dry again then repeat step one. This went on all day yesterday until I finally gave up and put everything away wet. I will try again another day but I can't keep ahead of the mold. All I need is about 5 hours and then it can rain again. Same thing happened when I tried to mow the lawn on Friday. Two laps rain two laps rain. Finally I did like the neighbors yard service does and finish in the pouring rain. Had to put my mower away wet.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I always think of Rio as like this "fun in the sun" type of place.
Yep, for all the rain Miami gets the total annual sunshine hours is about 3,000 hours per year (similar to LA and San Diego). Rio gets only about 2,000 sunshine hours.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:28 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,898,550 times
Continues to be like the rainy season down here, raining pretty much every single day. But, no more flooding, and the rains are lighter and shorter. For the Upper Keys, this was the same pattern seen last year, and also in 2013. I am of the mind that weather patterns down here may be permanently shifting, although of course it is early to be sure.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:47 PM

111 posts, read 119,058 times
Bring some of that rain in Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami