Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 07:45 PM

471 posts, read 621,545 times

Advertisements

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-2eu9QThwco

110 violations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 10:25 AM

426 posts, read 394,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
My exhaustive list of Oriental Asian options in Miami and Broward, see if you agree

Miami-Dade:

NAOE
Zuma
Pubbelly
NaiYaRa
Lung Yai Thai
Gyu-Kaku
Hakkasan
Mr. Chows
Soho Sushi
Katsuya
Myumi Sushi
Momi Ramen
Drunken Dragon
27 restaurant
Moshi Moshi
Doraku
Toni's Sushi
Makoto
NoVe
NoBu
Miss Saigon
Hy Vong
SushiSamba
SuViche
Wok Town
Sriracha house

Broward

Gabose
Pocha
Tate's Comics
Marumi Sushi
Mikan
Golden Marquees
Submarine Crab

I included Asian-fusion places and restaurants at all price ranges. Feel free to add your own if you know of some I don't.

Sriracha house woun't make it in dade, sound like Cucaracha House

Old 03-09-2016, 10:44 AM

892 posts, read 860,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
Sriracha house woun't make it in dade, sound like Cucaracha House
It's a pretty popular spot on the Beach, Washington near the intersection of 15th. I've eaten there maybe once or twice, I like it. Seems to be doing fine.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:14 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,573,455 times
I would like to see more than Asian Food in this thread

Old 03-09-2016, 03:26 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,831,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
I would like to see more than Asian Food in this thread
I can suggest some Russian places

Old 03-09-2016, 07:49 PM

29 posts, read 66,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I can suggest some Russian places

LOL this was not intended to be about food, haha This was about things new Floridians have to get used to

Old 03-09-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickques View Post
LOL this was not intended to be about food, haha This was about things new Floridians have to get used to

Depends on where you move from.

If you are moving from the North-East, you will see that Florida is more expansive, distances are greater, speed limits are higher, highways are wider and straighter, there is no sand/salt on the roads, cars are cleaner and less rusty, land is flat, tires wear out faster, you can easily go over the mile limit on your car lease, you have to drive everywhere, you will prefer to drive everywhere.

Oh, and there is less nanny state down here.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:16 PM

29 posts, read 66,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post

Depends on where you move from.

If you are moving from the North-East, you will see that Florida is more expansive, distances are greater, speed limits are higher, highways are wider and straighter, there is no sand/salt on the roads, cars are cleaner and less rusty, land is flat, tires wear out faster, you can easily go over the mile limit on your car lease, you have to drive everywhere, you will prefer to drive everywhere.

Oh, and there is less nanny state down here.
whats nanny state?

Old 03-11-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickques View Post
whats nanny state?
bog brother

Old 03-20-2016, 10:05 PM

289 posts, read 305,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
That's not true at all. And all the food comparisons to other cities is bogus. Pizza isn't really better in NY, nor is Chinese. There isn't some magic hunan sauce that only NY or San Fran has that the rest of the country doesn't. South Florida has tons and tons of restaurants, including quite a few great Chinese restaurants. We also have outstanding Korean BBQ, Thai, Vietnamese, etc. etc. etc.

I would venture to say that I've been much happier with the food options in South Florida than just about anywhere else. Though San Fran comes in a close second. The area is insanely diverse and we have a lot of authentic restaurants.
There is not a single Shanghai place in South Florida, and the Chinese food places around tend to serve the greasy low-quality Americanized sezhuan style food that middle America is comfortable with. This isn't because there's some magic to making Chinese food that only happens on other places. It's because there isn't a large Chinese population in South Florida, and because Latin Americans (in my experience) don't really go for Chinese food, so there isn't a call for it.

As far as pizza, there actually IS a reason new York pizza is different than pizza anywhere else. The water. Water plays a huge role in how pizza tastes, and there is a huge difference in water quality between Miami and New York.

So yes, no good Chinese, and no good northeastern-style pizza.

Also, no one seems to know how to drive. I grew up in jersey, in an NYC commuter town. I actually commuted from Brooklyn to Jersey for a few months. So I'm familiar with traffic. And nowhere else in the country is it as frustrating as here, since most of the traffic here is obviously from a combination of driver incompetence, and not giving a **** about anyone else on the road, not from overcapacity (though that is a contributor).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami