Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:23 AM

176 posts, read 646,920 times

Advertisements

Cixel..with you on the stopsigns...people cheat frequently and in order to keep up with the pace, you have to unfortunately drive like ****...or be prepared to give every other person the finger. I was nasty for about 8 years and then I realized it was giving me unwarranted stress..I am dealing with severe pneumonia because of a weakened immune system..which undeniably stems from stress. So again the "roll with it" or "get out" proposition is dangling above your head, again.

Incidentally, my brother lived in Socal and the bay area for a period of 5 years....two weeks into his arrival here he **** 18 bricks. It's not an exercise in eggshell walking to empathize with your indifference to this city's cultural cocoon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 10:41 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Angelo, I like your comments. Very intelligently worded. I do not live any where near the area but visit there often. Your comments are ver enlightening, I'm sure for people wanting to know about the area.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:37 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
well its certainly wrong for californians. so far i havent met a single one who liked miami.
Well I am from ohio and I HATE my small town to the point where any new place seems like paradise....but Miami actually made me GLAD to come back home...horrible place.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 PM

176 posts, read 646,920 times
Cixel..I don't mean to come across as harsh..I have SO MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT for Homestead..Andrew nearly brings tears to my eyes and I hate how it's changed..you should have seen it circa 1988, with the Air Force base BOOMING. VERY VERY American.

But there are still kind southern folk who live in the Redland, my friend's mother comes from Georgia and lives at the Boardwalk trailer park. I have so much respect for the fact that they've fought almost every incorporation scheme and semblance of intrusion from developers.

At the Goldcoaster trailer park, EVERYONE THERE waves "hi" to you.

I swear, everytime I go to Minor's Market, Sam's or see PROFESSIONAL NURSERYMAN I just want to hold myself back sometimes.

even 87th and Killian is still nice...though they're building on the NW corner.

Kendall WAS LIKE THAT in the beginning.

I wish Kendall was like Redland, now. I wouldn't mind a clapboard house somewhere on 162 and Kendall dr. and no neighbors. But for some reason I hate beach towns. For what it's worth, Country Walk was a lot like The Redland circa 1990. I remember having used to ride my bike there and calling it the frontier. 137 ave was only 2 lanes...120 st (sw..south perimeter of the airport) was a dirt road where I would listen to my scanner and watch planes take off/land.

Oh well..I am going through a country bumpkin stage. I listen to Wet Willie's "Give me the countryside" almost every other day.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:27 AM

98 posts, read 531,739 times
Do you have any old photos from how things looked back in the day?

If so, why not scan them and post them here.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:57 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
angelo7221, if south florida had more of what the redlands are i would stay here forever. we would love to start a farm and grow tropical fruit out here and ornamental plants but if we wanted to raise kids this would be a terrible place for them to be and the area only seems to be going downhill. it doesnt look like any amount of building will fix the selfish people who live here.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:48 PM

166 posts, read 986,495 times
I didn't read the rest of the thread cause it's too long....But just so you know...only 52% of the people have even graduated High School in Miami. That means 43% of everybody you will meet, 25 and older, willl not have graduated high school. Does this sound like a great city to raise a kid in?

I would avoid it like the plague. Your not guaranteed that the school you send them to will stay that way. I would be very careful.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:35 AM

448 posts, read 1,855,877 times
STAY AWAY
Miami is not for families or anybody that wants to live in the REAL USA. I have live in Miami for almost 20 years, and I am moving away by the end of this year.
Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest and Aventura are all nice, but only if you want to spend $500,000 in a home. Although in Aventura you can forget about owning land, most people live in sky rises which are not cheap either, around $200,000 for 1000 sq ft.
Schools in Miami are over crowded. Most of the kids left in here are in drugs and have no respect of authority. I consider this city Ghetto-Landia. If you are a low life and have no class what so ever, you will thrive in here. If you have some sense of civic education, you will soffocate and eventually either you become one of them or you go crazy.
Take it from a native, DO NOT MOVE HERE. Miami looks wonderful when you go on vacation and stay in the beach, but once you have to see the natives every single day.....it is a whole different story.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:38 AM

6 posts, read 17,923 times
People are bashing MIami because it has changed. I lived here since 1972 in the Palmetto Bay area. I love it here. My moms house is in Palmetto Bay and she just put it on the market last week. It's a great neighborhood. She is moving to the panhandle to be with my brothers and sister.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:28 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Yep, exactly Miami has changed, for the worse, not the good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami