Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:03 AM

355 posts, read 1,583,555 times

Advertisements

South Florida is diverse. But there is an air of reverse discrimination here. In Miami certain areas look depressed. With Hurricane Andrew blowing through in '92, with it blew away a lot of the tree canopy. Then we had/have the lovely Citrus Canker. Well all the citrus was chopped down whether you liked it or not. More tree canopies lost. Not an issue now because it looks as if all the trees in the state would be chopped down and apparently that is unacceptable, but why......oh the orange growers $$$$$, thats why.

No one uses a turn signal. And making a left hand turn from the right hand lane is encouraged. The police don't do anything unless they are scared, then they shoot first. Sorry for all the sarcasim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 09:00 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
ive come to the conclusion that the problem with these forums is that information gets buried over time and people ask the same stuff over and over.
i think im going to assemble an anti-miami website along with photos of some of the more ridiculous stuff down here.
it seems like it would be more easily located than a few posts on an obscure message board.
ive made it my mission to warn people about this place.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:28 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
That's a noble idea Cixel. Everybody needs a mission in life.
Mine will be to rebut yours.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:45 AM

vpcats, you have to admit miami isnt right for MOST americans from anytown usa. right?

Old 01-31-2007, 09:56 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
LOL Cixel..
I would say maybe SOME but not MOST. I sure see and deal with plenty. It all depends on what you expect out of life and what you're willing to give or take for it. For instance, I would not be a very happy camper if you stuck me in the middle of Montana or Wyoming or similar places. Yet, there are millions of people who cherish that lifestyle.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:10 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,683,240 times
some people just love to hate...
or is it they hate to love...

Old 01-31-2007, 03:43 PM

50 posts, read 183,150 times
Hello All,
I have been enjoying your wonderful forum for a week or so now from London. I have really enjoyed reading all about different parts of your country. A friend of mine is thinking of buying a home for vacations in Rotunda, S Florida. It is a 5 bed new build. I would be interested to see what you all think about this. Is Rotonda a good place? Is it affected by the hurricaines we keep hearing about? What are the approx costs involved in owning a home in this area eg insurance, taxes, utilities. What problems might she have? She is really excited but her husband is apprehensive.
I would welcome any opinions. Thanks again for a great site.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:16 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Is Rotunda a name of a development in SW Florida or in Miami? Let us know what city it is actually in and maybe we can help you out better.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:53 PM

106 posts, read 563,548 times
Default Rotonda

Rotonda is an area near Pt. Charlotte. It was greatly affected by Hurricane Charley in 2004. I managed many properties in the area and the devastation was great. As for the lifestyle there it is more or less a sleepy area and not alot to do. The west coast of Florida is full of rednecks and that is one reason why I can't wait to leave! I personally would NOT purchase a home in Rotonda. If you want any other info feel free to ask. By the way I am the original poster of this post and have put Miami back on my list. I think alot of people on this post live to be negative. I think life is what you make of it no matter where you go. Can't wait for the day I say Asta Lavista Sarasota!!! Hello East Coast!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2007, 06:27 PM

well its certainly wrong for californians. so far i havent met a single one who liked miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami