Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:30 AM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,702 times

Advertisements

Cuba has a huge black market and tons of corruption. It should be no surprise that many of these weathered Cuban nationals are experts at siphoning money out of our big, generous government. From my experience, Cubans by and large are very resourceful.

Don't blame them, blame our big dumb government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 12:02 PM

19 posts, read 117,281 times
go to a lawyer and get information!

a german never get papers so easy like a cuban or mexican.

a german can

- win GC in DV LOTTERY
- marry a us citzen
- make in investement over 1.000.000 $ or 500.000 $ (in some bad regions) to make jobs
- search a job what nobody in usa can do - and get a gc sponsor employer.

thats all legal ways, no more

thats all, u cant life several years here illegal and get papers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
No kidding? So are most people who can't see beyond today.

Uh, wrong dear. They don't "give" mexicans a free US passport nor does the US government do this for Cubans. Mexicans only need to swim? I didn't know there was a body of water separating the US from Mexico.

You can get a passport if you are a legal resident and have lived legally in the US for a certain number of years. And if it is true that you're German, don't play the nationality law card as in your country one has to be a full blooded German to get a passport (though this recently changed a bit) but it is still by no means like in the US.

Not fair? If the world were fair it be square.

Next on line please.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:30 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmVanillaSugar View Post

a german can

- win GC in DV LOTTERY
- marry a us citzen
- make in investement over 1.000.000 $ or 500.000 $ (in some bad regions) to make jobs
- search a job what nobody in usa can do - and get a gc sponsor employer.

thats all legal ways, no more

thats all, u cant life several years here illegal and get papers....
It is true that it is much harder for Europeans to get green cards and citizenship than for other groups. In the 1960's the immigration policy was changed to a new policy proposed by Senator Kennedy (curse be his name) to favor "family reunification". That basically means that if your 2nd cousin's mother in law's niece is in then you get priority. Prior immigration policy favored people with highly desired skills. What a concept. Taking the best the world has to offer instead of more poor people who will be on goverment handouts (or industrious immigrants who will scam the system for money). Thanks a lot Senator Kennedy.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
It is true that it is much harder for Europeans to get green cards and citizenship than for other groups. In the 1960's the immigration policy was changed to a new policy proposed by Senator Kennedy (curse be his name) to favor "family reunification". That basically means that if your 2nd cousin's mother in law's niece is in then you get priority. Prior immigration policy favored people with highly desired skills. What a concept. Taking the best the world has to offer instead of more poor people who will be on goverment handouts (or industrious immigrants who will scam the system for money). Thanks a lot Senator Kennedy.

Yes correct!

thats is the reason why I dont have us passport
i´m born & raise in germany but want to be american.
but i´m a self employed and single and dont have 1.000.000 $ for investoring, so i can only make a E2 Trady Visa *cry*

Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 PM

428 posts, read 1,396,417 times
Canovas the body of water that separates the US and Mexico is called The Rio Grande. That is why they call them mojados.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:35 PM

910 posts, read 753,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portorro
Canovas the body of water that separates the US and Mexico is called The Rio Grande. That is why they call them mojados.
Fair enough but most Mexicans don't go to the US swimming. Instead, they cross the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmvanillasugar
I don't need a lawyer to know basic information like this because I have dual Spain/US passports so I know what I'm talking about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmvanillasugar
Right, because most Germans don't have large groups of relatives living in the US. I think it is a terrible thing that both the US and the EU encourage so much illegal immigration from very third world countries (but the catch is that these unskilled workers are good for the economy, whilst highly skilled workers, though not a burden to the society or with regard to taxation, do get paid higher salaries). It is an economic issue, as always. Sounds to me like you've been living out there in USA illegally.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:41 PM

No i´m NOT illegal in usa...i´m german and can have E2 VISA, but i want to be american, but its not possibel - that makes me crying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
Fair enough but most Mexicans don't go to the US swimming. Instead, they cross the border.

I don't need a lawyer to know basic information like this because I have dual Spain/US passports so I know what I'm talking about here.

Right, because most Germans don't have large groups of relatives living in the US. I think it is a terrible thing that both the US and the EU encourage so much illegal immigration from very third world countries (but the catch is that these unskilled workers are good for the economy, whilst highly skilled workers, though not a burden to the society or with regard to taxation, do get paid higher salaries). It is an economic issue, as always. Sounds to me like you've been living out there in USA illegally.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:49 PM

910 posts, read 753,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmVanillaSugar View Post
No i´m illegal in usa...i´m german and can have E2 VISA, but i want to be american, but its not possibel - that makes me crying!
What part of Germany are you from? I just ask because for someone who claims to be German, your English is awfully poor. I know lots of Germans here in Spain and all of the ones I know speak nearly perfect English.

"No I'm illegal in USA" What in the world does that mean? Are you or are you not illegal in the US? Do you have papers?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:26 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I'm not an immigrant, but I make my money by burglarizing, so says my profile. That's why I rarely go into Dade; everywhere has burglar bars. Palm Beach also has all of those gates with armed guards, can't mess with that. It's easiest to burglarize in Broward. How do you think I afford rent in Weston?

(disclaimer- no, I don't really burglarize for a living)
------------

I can tell your smart enough to know that if you wanted to steal for a living you would become a South Florida politician or run some type city agency ( ofcourse some may not steal)

Old 08-06-2008, 10:34 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Wow, did you guys read this yet! Most of the 700 (read that again 700) people charged in this fraud are immigrants. Someone just told me this story tonight, found this link to the Hearld.

Medicare fraud fugitives evade capture - 08/05/2008 - MiamiHerald.com

Someone posted a thread on how people make their money here in Miami, well this is just one example.
------------
I say this so much that its redundant but I stand by it 100% -

When you have the WORSE not giving a damn do nothing politicians in North America in charge things like this happen all the time.

No one is watching anyone making sure things like this arent happening.

Surprised they were caught and who knows the billions being sucked out of South Florida by guys/gals like this.

NOTHING will change here unless every incumbent is voted out .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami