Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:55 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
I like Miramar alot. I live about 10 minutes east of Silver Lakes and there are lot of gated/ungated communities out there and home prices are dropping fast. Everything out there is newer (off Miramar Pwy) and there are alot of shops of Pines Blvd as well. The neigborhood you are talking about is low in crime and there are lot of Jamaicans/Non-hispanic Whites/ Hispanics out there so it's a pretty cool mix. Send me a direct message if you want more info...
You also have the new Pembroke Gardens upscale shopping area with some great restaurants and bars for " Happy Hour " ... I am in Parkland but I will do the thirty minute drive on the weekends to hit Pembroke Gardens .

Old 02-04-2009, 08:43 PM

546 posts, read 2,148,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-townChica View Post
Miramar has really cheap apartments right????

Not west Miramar, I wouldn't call them "cheap". About 900.00 for a 1/1 at an average place without amenities.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:44 PM

546 posts, read 2,148,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
You also have the new Pembroke Gardens upscale shopping area with some great restaurants and bars for " Happy Hour " ... I am in Parkland but I will do the thirty minute drive on the weekends to hit Pembroke Gardens .

Yeah, I just dm-ed the op with that info. I'm there often since I live real close, ever hit the cigar bar? Love the pub too...

Old 02-05-2009, 12:37 PM

710 posts, read 2,234,267 times
1. What do you LOVE about your specific neighborhood and entire city
I LOVE that so much is so close, yet I live in well kept, beautiful, leafy "suburb." I have 3 small downtowns near me that I can walk around in, really nice too.
Love how many cultural opportunities there are here -especially food-wise!
Love how friendly MOST of the people I've met are.

2. What do you LOATHE about your specific neighborhood entire city
I don't know about "loathe" but I really don't like the 5-10% of JERKS you run into -- in person and driving. Sux, but oh well, you can't let a jerk turn YOU into a jerk.

3. What tips can you give someone that's moving back in 2010?
Have a job? Figure out what skills you could get to make yourself more marketable.

I don't LOVE Miami, we do like it and we do LOVE our life here. Something interesting always happens!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:36 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-townChica View Post
Hello all,

I've skimmed through the various forums and was wondering a few things about Miamians:

1. What do you LOVE about your specific neighborhood and entire city
2. What do you LOATHE about your specific neighborhood entire city
3. What do tips can you give someone that's moving back in 2010?

Thank you!
1. I absolutely LOVE my immediate neighborhood on Belle Isle on the Venetian Causeway. I can walk to everything I need in my every day life. I can walk to the theaters, dining, stores, services, etc. I am a short bike ride to the beach and a short drive to downtown, the performing arts center and midtown. It's safe, clean, and nice. The entire island has been constantly upgrading ever since I moved to it in early 2002. The park in the center of it is a jewel in a nice respite. The water views in all directions are spectacular.
2. I loathe BAD SERVICE that is pervasive throughout all of South Florida. But, I do think that The Beach is much better run than Miami proper.
3. I'd advise to take full advantage of a RE market in the dumps. If you find your dream property at a killer price, I'd jump on it. In 2010, we should either be scraping bottom or just coming out of the worst housing market in decades. Get in and homestead your property!

Old 02-09-2009, 01:03 AM

3 posts, read 5,066 times
I lived in Miami for almost a year and I worked in SObe and YES THERE IS A NoBE. Think of Collins Ave going north between South Beach and Bal Harbour.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:21 AM

640 posts, read 1,823,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nf223 View Post
I lived in Miami for almost a year and I worked in SObe and YES THERE IS A NoBE. Think of Collins Ave going north between South Beach and Bal Harbour.
People who live here don't say "Sobe". Only noobs do.

South Beach is from South Pointe to around 23rd Street.

Mid-Beach is roughly from 23rd to 63rd Street, centered around 41st Street.

North Beach is north of 63rd Street, centered around 71st Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami