Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 05:08 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times

Advertisements

America's-Most-Dangerous-Cities: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance (short article)
America's Most Dangerous Cities - Forbes.com(full article)

I have been saying this the last two years crime was up. This just reiterates what I have been saying about the crime in Miami-Dade County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 06:12 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
America's-Most-Dangerous-Cities: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance (short article)
America's Most Dangerous Cities - Forbes.com(full article)

I have been saying this the last two years crime was up. This just reiterates what I have been saying about the crime in Miami-Dade County.
...because this place is a piece of s**t, to put it bluntly.

Lately, Miami seems to have made pretty much all of the top 5/10 "worst" lists conducted in the United States (worst drivers, highest rate of foreclosures, worst crime, least charitable, most miserable, etc, etc). You can wear your rose tinted spectacles and deny the problems here exist all you like, but there's a whole ton of evidence out there to suggest that Miami SUCKS, period.

The problem boils down to the culture here...or lack thereof. Miami has a larger than average population of self-centered, narcissistic, combustible idiots who are more prone than most to doing something completely stupid and reckless.

Luckily, my wife have been saving and saving and we should be able to move by this time next year. When I leave, I swear, I will never return to Miami.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:18 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,409 times
Miami sucks to the people that don`t have a bachelors degree and speak only English. For the bilingual and highly skilled people Miami is a great city because there are tons of jobs available.

Miami is exciting...the rest of Florida is boring...

I have never been robbed in Florida. I`ve heard about isolated cases when drunk women are raped at South beach during late hours in Nikki Beach (nightclubs) etc etc...and that`s because it is impossible to receive millions of tourists in this city and have a crime rate simmilar to other cosmopolitan areas of USA who are probably not a tropical destination. (There is alcohol, young adults looking for sex Women and Men, clubs, the beach, etc etc etc)...

Don`t blame just the locals in Miami for the high crime rate... many of these crimes are commited by tourists who come here to party, and that includes Americans from other cities and foreigners from overseas.

Last edited by Eduardo983; 04-24-2009 at 06:36 PM..

Old 04-24-2009, 06:36 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Miami sucks to the people that don`t have a bachelors degree and speak only english. For the bilingual and highly skilled people Miami is a great city because there are tons of jobs available.

So not true, it doesn't matter if someone has a degree or not, they can still dislike Miami. Miami is exciting...but some for all the wrong reasons. West Palm Beach was 13th on this list, BTW.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Miami sucks to the people that don`t have a bachelors degree and speak only English. For the bilingual and highly skilled people Miami is a great city because there are tons of jobs available.

I have never been robbed in Florida. I`ve heard about isolated cases when drunk women are raped at South beach during late hours in Nikki Beach (nightclubs) etc etc...and that`s because it is impossible to receive millions of tourists in this city and have a crime rate simmilar to other cosmopolitan areas of USA who are probably not a tropical destination. (There is alcohol, young adults looking for sex Women and Men, clubs, the beach, etc etc etc)...

Don`t blame just the locals in Miami for the high crime rate... many of these crimes are commited by tourists who come here to party, and that includes Americans from other cities and foreigners from overseas.
LMAO @ your first paragraph. I'd like to know what reality you're living in, because it isn't the same reality that I'm living in, that's for sure. You should know as well as I do that in Miami, it's not what you know or how qualified you are, it's who you know, i.e. if you're part of the Miami clique.

As for Miami being more exciting than the rest of FL, that's BS too. Miami is no more/less exciting than anywhere else in this state, unless taking your life into your own hands in terms of dealing with the maniac drivers, or paying through the nose for watered down drinks at inane clubs/bars is your idea of "exciting"?

Do you honestly believe that the crimes committed here are from tourists? That's the first I've heard of that....I mean, you don't hear too many articles about Hans and Fritz from Germany engaging in a murder suicide, do you?

Miamians need to stop putting this city on such a pedestal -- it's a cesspool that badly needs fixing, before it's too late. Do you honestly believe that Miami making all of the top 5 "worst" lists is a mere coincidence, or will you take off your rose tinted spectacles for just a few seconds and see the truth?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:18 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
...because this place is a piece of s**t, to put it bluntly.

Lately, Miami seems to have made pretty much all of the top 5/10 "worst" lists conducted in the United States (worst drivers, highest rate of foreclosures, worst crime, least charitable, most miserable, etc, etc).
Don't forget fattest. We made that list too.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Don't forget fattest. We made that list too.
I didn't know that Miami had made that list too...

Not surprising, being as there are fast food joints on every corner and few parks or recreational areas for people to exercise in (gyms are not everyone's cup of tea).

What top 5 list is Miami to make next? I have a few suggestions:

- Top 5 cities with the most obnoxious people
- Top 5 narcissistic cities
- Top 5 cities with the highest rate of murder-suicides
- Top 5 cities where you don't even have to know English to get by
- Top 5 "ugly" cities
- Top 5 "dumbest" cities in the US
- Top 5 overdeveloped US cities
- Top 5 most vain/superficial cities in the US

To hell with this place

Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
don't forget fattest. We made that list too.
:d

Old 04-25-2009, 12:23 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,856 times
Let's move before we get killed.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:31 AM

31 posts, read 104,891 times
oh, yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami