Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:34 PM

11 posts, read 17,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Anything outside of Miami is boring, stick with Miami . just make sure you can find work and live the lifestyle you want. Call some companies and find out about what they pay.
i can live a smiple lifestyle, just as long as im in miami-or somewhere in florida, but would you know if there is alot of ppl getting hired for construction in miami or close to there. Is there any agencies that can offer me construction employment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
That I really can't help you too much on, i've given about as much information as I'd be credible to give, sorry. Even I won't be living in Miami due to the lack of my choosen career and I love the city... Too bad , but that's life.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:38 PM

ok thats alot burgler09 i'll follow your advice, good luck

Old 05-05-2010, 10:10 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodednative View Post
Hey ppl of Florida, i`ll get rite to it. I have always wanted to move to miami for YEARS!, but i dont know really why i have not moved yet. Until now, IM BORED! im sick of the same things to look at when i wake up in the morning, the same ppl, doin the same things.I have seen so much videos on youtube of NIKKI BEACH BAR and i need to be in a place like that. So i was looking for the ppl of florida to guide me, where do i get a construction job. I have over 7 years in this field from bricklayers helper to paving roads and hiways, to building houses. Then were to find a save apartment. So if anyone could help me here i would use your opinion. If its not a good place to move to, well then ANYWERE in florida will do, i just need a different place to live.
not for nothing but america is in a recession (don't believe the hype when they say its ending). South Florida was/is based on tourism, service, real estate and construction. All of which have taken a huge hit and contrustrion jobs are WAY down so it might be hard to get here that way. Maybe you could start your own general contractor business? I know a architect from Toronto who did just that and he does pretty well for himself. Something to think about.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
not for nothing but america is in a recession (don't believe the hype when they say its ending). South Florida was/is based on tourism, service, real estate and construction. All of which have taken a huge hit and contrustrion jobs are WAY down so it might be hard to get here that way. Maybe you could start your own general contractor business? I know a architect from Toronto who did just that and he does pretty well for himself. Something to think about.
Oh yes, i hear you about the recession is way down, but see for me, i live on a small reservation, where there is know jobs around here. And if i stay here its just going to get worst for me. Although you say the construction jobs are way down in south beach, well where do you think there might be more jobs in construction. Anywhere in florida well do for me.........

Old 05-06-2010, 06:50 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Oh yes, i hear you about the recession is way down, but see for me, i live on a small reservation, where there is know jobs around here. And if i stay here its just going to get worst for me. Although you say the construction jobs are way down in south beach, well where do you think there might be more jobs in construction. Anywhere in florida well do for me.........
im not saying don't come to Florida. I am saying look at alternative jobs to construction or maybe start your own business if you can. Wish you the best man!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:56 AM

796 posts, read 1,843,602 times
I know there are TONS of construction jobs in Texas..not so much in Miami or south Florida...Miami is an expensive city to live in, too. Do all your planning first...good luck!

Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post
I know there are TONS of construction jobs in Texas..not so much in Miami or south Florida...Miami is an expensive city to live in, too. Do all your planning first...good luck!
hey giz2000 i would even move there you know. I just have to get outta here, theres no jobs where i'm from. Would you know any companies phone # that i can call or any of there web sites that i can look on?

Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
im not saying don't come to Florida. I am saying look at alternative jobs to construction or maybe start your own business if you can. Wish you the best man!
thanks wild style, good to know there ppl out there giving good advice.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:04 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
hey giz2000 i would even move there you know. I just have to get outta here, theres no jobs where i'm from. Would you know any companies phone # that i can call or any of there web sites that i can look on?
Please don't ask for particular jobs. Many construction projects were halted and look like a scene from a terror movie. Here are the top job websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: