Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2007, 11:10 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkue View Post
DETROIT...The EASTSIDE.
I have 7 younger sisters, 3-4 are in that area, Roseville, Sterling Hieghts, Warren and there's one more I can't think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 02:30 PM

5 posts, read 15,388 times
I was born and raised in Livonia, just outside Detroit. The crime in Livonia has started to get worse in the last few years and the foreclosure rate is really high. My husband and I decided to move out of Wayne County about 2 years ago and moved to downtown Milford. We absolutely love Milford, we are a walk to the restaurants and the little shops in downtown. We also love the family activities they have.

We may be moving out of state due to Michigan's economy (can't find any work in Michigan). Still looking for the right city and state for us. We looked into Florida (not right for us) and are going to try Arizona and Washington soon. If we move I will always have a place in my heart for Michigan. I just don't like the winters or the economy right now.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times
Just a tip and no offense to anyone or anything.

Arizona is pretty much hot desert and it rains 9 months out of the year in Washington

Old 01-19-2008, 09:54 AM

2 posts, read 9,116 times
Gwinn/Sawyer

Old 01-23-2008, 10:20 AM

60 posts, read 222,659 times
Living in Dexter, MI for 5 years now. Looking forward to Spring to go outdoors again in milder weather. That teaser weather we had a few weeks ago (in the 60's for a couple of days) got me outdoors to take down the Christmas lights and also do some "winter" gardening.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:10 AM

36 posts, read 103,664 times
Harper Woods - cant wait for Spring/Summer!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:06 AM

49 posts, read 220,337 times
Living in Marine City for the past 4 years. We like the area and the river close by which we enjoy. From my back yard we can see the annual fireworks display and we hear the ferry running cars back and forth to Canada, and I can't forget the occasional freighter horn going off at 3AM Taxes and water are killers and the job market is scarce at best.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:07 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
Sunlover, look at Franklin Tennessee and the surrounding area (Franklin is expensive). Some friends of ours moved there recently, we are happy here, but if we wanted to move, Franklin sounds ideal.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 AM

13 posts, read 24,985 times
Default South Haven

We used to take our summer vacations there years ago when I was a child (late 50s; early 60s) and stayed at a family resort called Wind Cliff. Ever hear of it? Apparently, it's now used as an executive retreat for a ultilities company.

Terry

Home - ADD Consults, Inc. - ADHD Directory, Resources, Consulting and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
You are......South Haven , a little sleepy resort community, on the shore of Lake Michigan. In its heyday, this area was hot , as a resort haven, for Il. folks.Now , all the big money has moved north. The locals are banking on the energy crunch to bring back the good old days.
Many Il. and n. In.folks have summer places here, not only on the big water , but more so on the many small lakes in the area..... I am one such , just finished a five year project 60s designer home, and , am waiting for a buyer. Holding me up big time, as I am building in the UP , my retirement bunker...........

Old 01-27-2008, 01:03 AM
iva

24 posts, read 84,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilirose View Post
Gwinn/Sawyer

Hi lilirose,
How do you like it at Sawyer? Are there active communities? I know there are many vacant houses and I wondered if those who live there are scattered about the base?
Thanks for any info.
iva
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan