Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 05:43 AM

8 posts, read 36,432 times

Advertisements

Both RC and Cheb have HSI. RC has charter, and Cheb has AT&t. Both are pretty high speed (compared to where I am) and both are pretty decent, from the little I've heard.

I've been in your field for a while, and would speak to you more about it offline, if you like.

I've sent a friend request.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 04:52 AM

9 posts, read 47,541 times
Default Thanks, found it

I appreciate the help and I found the web site with the information for Charter.
Also, I appreciate the friends request, but I am way to paranoid about computers and the web so I will respectfully decline.

I think all my questions have been answered for now anyway and it will be awhile before we move, so I am in no rush. Thanks again!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:50 AM

No problem, good luck in your endeavor.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,783 times
Default First timer

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I were in your beautiful city of Cheboygan this past summer and fell in love with it. In fact we are saving like crazy to move there asap. We are from Baltimore Md.

I would love to have a pen pal to keep in touch with in the area. We are tracking your weather and such.

I read that you need someone to man B&B that sounds like something right up our alley.

Keep in touch,

Debe & Bryan

Old 10-12-2009, 06:14 PM

550 posts, read 2,052,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsmamoo View Post
Hello everyone,

My fiance and I were in your beautiful city of Cheboygan this past summer and fell in love with it. In fact we are saving like crazy to move there asap. We are from Baltimore Md.

I would love to have a pen pal to keep in touch with in the area. We are tracking your weather and such.

I read that you need someone to man B&B that sounds like something right up our alley.

Keep in touch,

Debe & Bryan

that is GREAT that you loved Cheboygan so much
google the gables bed and breakfast so you can contact the owners (I knew the former owners very well)
it is snowing there right now I know that!
keep us updated if you are seriously considering moving there...as you should start a job search as early as possible, everyone will point out that jobs are hard to come by anywhere in michigan!

Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsmamoo View Post
Hello everyone,

Keep in touch,

Debe & Bryan
Yeah, what mo said, it's tough to find easy employment. What field are you (either/or) in? I may know of a few companies in the area that are in the field.

Also, don't be afraid to look in other areas around, like petoskey, indian river, pellston, mackinaw, gaylord. All these are between 15 - 45 minutes away, and may give employment, where Cheb may not. I drive 45 mins to work 2 days a week, as there's not enough of what I do where I live.

Plus, driving up here is EASY! I drove W Detroit to Troy every day for a year, and up here is hugely easier to go 30 miles than it is to go 10 in a metro area. Pretty too, as I saw a ton of leaves changing driving across M68 this AM.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,465 times
Cheboygan is nicknamed SH*Tboygan by the locals, there really is nothing to do for the kids, teens, or adults, there are no jobs here, The community is mainly older retired people or summer dwellers. I grew up in Indian River, and then moved to Cheboygan after I was married. I have been in and out of the area several times in my life. As much as I always want to get away from it, the beauty and the serenity of it causes me to come back. It is a beautiful place to visit, and berry picking and looking at the local shops is fun...don't move there though because it will suck you into the trap of poverty!!!

Old 06-27-2010, 07:45 AM

6 posts, read 9,021 times
Cheboygan is a laid back place. It has water but not a lot of money like Harbor or TC. It does not have much going on and it gets cold. At least Mickey Castigne was voted out, she was the stupid PA of Cheboygan that was a one **** crusade. Her and that fool Kehogh the APA gone. Other than walmart not much to do there, you will be looking at other places to go if you move there. I would hit TC before Cheb. The snow gets much worse than in MD. Its cold up there sunshine.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:28 AM

550 posts, read 2,052,031 times
Actually there is a lot to do. Of course not nearly as much as a bigger city. That is true for any small town.

Do you like theatre - we have The Opera House which in the past year some of the more notable performances include Garrison Keillor and Jeff Daniels.

Movies - we have a five screen movie theatre and the mackinaw theatre is 15 min away if they have a different movie.

Restaurants - plenty of restaurants and bars in town and just outside of town.

Shopping - cute shops downtown, however this is where we are lacking, a trip to gaylord, petoskey, or traverse city is pretty common once a month for clothing type shopping.

Socialization - there are many, many organizations that do good, but also hold social events where you can get to know people (jaycees, eagles, seedums garden club, etc.).

Winter outdoors - some of the best cross-country trails in northern MI at Black Mountain recreation area, snowmobiling, ice fishing, sledding, ice skating, hockey (all ages for leagues).

Summer outdoors - swimming, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, all sports-various leagues including adults. check out the longest inland waterway in the state!

We have many festivals in the summer, a couple in the fall and winter, many craft shows, business after-hours events. A million activities for kids.

The number one problem would be finding employment. If you have it however.......

Old 04-23-2011, 07:47 PM

3 posts, read 8,652 times
Default Cheboygan: A Great Place to Visit

I have lived in Cheboygan my entire life. I love many things about it but in the past years it has become a dying town. Small businesses struggle due to the poor economy. I think it is a beautiful place but I would encourage anyone considering a move here to think twice. This is because the job situation is very bad. I am fortunate to have a job but it is not what I went to college for.

My husband and I both grew up in Cheboygan and are raising five kids here. Not once have I ever worried about their safety. I can leave my car unlocked and not worry about anyone messing around in it. This would not be advised in a larger town of course, but I am glad I am able to do so.

If I do move away from Cheboygan for a better job prospect I would love to have a cabin or cottage here so that I can visit because Cheboygan is a lovely place to escape the big city life and relax. I pray that in the furture things look up for this little town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan