Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:33 AM

734 posts, read 2,616,977 times

Advertisements

As the State of Michigan goes, Saginaw goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
As the State of Michigan goes, Saginaw goes.
No way!!! The area were I live is nice, clean and for the most part crime free.
I never take the keys out of my cars, do not know where the keys are for my house.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:31 AM

I think you missed the point, but okay.

I'm from Saginaw so I have a pretty good perspective about what's going on.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:03 PM

8 posts, read 52,259 times
Default Still thinking of moving to saginaw

I've posted a reply before (on the thread "What is Saginaw Like"), but no one has replied ( except 1 person). I want some information on Saginaw Township, such as if there are any developments in the past months, or any developments coming up. I'm not interested in Saginaw CITY. Can anyone please inform me about Saginaw Township?

Any info. is great

Old 09-26-2008, 06:08 PM

Developments concerning what? You mean housing developments?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:37 AM

3 posts, read 21,208 times
I live in Saginaw Township but am going to school elsewhere. As the person in the other thread said, Saginaw Township is basically like any other middle-class suburb. It's a very safe place, and not particularly exciting. While the City of Saginaw is a pretty terrible place (and will probably get worse), Saginaw Township is still growing. There are a lot of commercial developments going on in the Bay Road/Tittabawassee Road area. Frankly, I'm not sure why Saginaw Township is still growing, but it does seem to be the case that people are still moving here.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:53 PM

8 posts, read 52,259 times
Default Thanks

Thanks a lot for your replies, this is what I've been looking for. And yes, I meant commercial development when I said "development."

Old 05-13-2009, 01:19 PM

4 posts, read 15,471 times
Saginaw, once upon time was a great place to live in the 1960's and some of the 70's. But I wouldn't advices anyone to even think about moving there. If you got a good education bypass Saginaw,MI. I grew up there and when I got a chance I got the heck out of Saginaw. Crime is out of control there and its a shame to say the population of Forest Lawn is catching up with the city population. Its a city out of control! You miss the good days of Saginaw,MI. If you got to stay in Michigan go to Detroit or Grand Rapids,Michigan. I live in Nashville,TN and its a city that on the move!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:17 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,559,732 times
Saginaw is a horrible city for anyone to live. It's old, dirty, crime ridden and no jobs. Why would anyone want to go there? Its just a smaller version of Detroit.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:46 PM

6 posts, read 16,236 times
Grew up in Saginaw City,,very high crime, I have been robbed by gunpoint, shot at a couple times and I lived on the west side! East side forget it if you value your life, they can't even have a Fair at their own fairgrounds cause gangs and violence so bad, entire eastside city unsafe and west side real close,,,if u must have MI,,,,go near Grand Rapids, economy great (lived there for years too), downtown great, you can actually walk the streets past 5pm,,,don't go out at nite in Saginaw, and in Saginaw you get used to falling asleep with the sounds of distant gunshots,,,o and I also had a family member who's apt. building was fire bombed (that was also west side),,Saginaw is right behind Detroit and Flint. its to bad cause I love and miss the people there, good midwesterners, hard working, hard playing fun, true people, but the ghetto just took over.. its sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan