Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 03:08 PM

7 posts, read 30,820 times

Advertisements

Am a new airman E3 at Nellis AFB, I had a child 4 years ago but I never paid child support, I talked the mother into marrying me in april of 2009, then I enlisted in Houston, Texas, I was really living in Ohio, We got married in Florida, I lived with my wife and daughter for three months than I just moved out in July 2009, that married life just wasn't for me, I went into bootcamp in November 2009, I never sent anymoney to my wife or child, I was living it up drawing that full BAH I listed my wife as living in Ohio so all paperwork went up there to my house, I never called them or sent any money to them.

I just disappeared, than all of a sudden I find out that Florida granted her a divorce, my name was not on the birth certificate and my child was not part of our marriage since she was born years earlier and I had never paid any support for her. Now I am living in the barracks eating that so called food and I hate my roommate.

I went to Florida and filed for custody of my daughter they made me take a DNA test and yes I am the Dad, for eleven months I have been in court, lucky for me my attorney says I still don`t have to pay child support without a court order, another 11 months of child support I have not had to pay, I had to give up my full BAH when I found out that Bi*ch divorced me without me knowing it, I did not know that she could do that. Now my question is can I get the full Bah back if I get Shared Parenting?

Again I am in Nellis AFB and my ex and daughter are in Florida they have lived there for almost four years, the court case is in Florida also. That Bi*ch now wants four years of back child support, I can not afford that I bought a new car before finding out I was divorced and I used up the save BAH to pay my attorney. My ex also came up with a parenting plan. I don`t have time for all this visitation she has given me and I can`t afford to pay child support and travel to florida. Can I make her pay for my travel expenses to see my daughter and take a little vacation in Florida?

Please don't hate me I am just a single guy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 03:19 PM

371 posts, read 393,107 times
Wow, you sound like an absolute trash piece of garbage father and male.
I suggest you get sterilized, or better yet put your child down as you sole benefactor for your SGLI and go kill yourself.

Hopefully your ex gets a good lawyer. After that she will get a chunk of your paycheck, whether you like it or not. The military will ensure it with a few phone calls on her part.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
Wow, you sound like an absolute trash piece of garbage father and male.
I suggest you get sterilized, or better yet put your child down as you sole benefactor for your SGLI and go kill yourself.

Hopefully your ex gets a good lawyer. After that she will get a chunk of your paycheck, whether you like it or not. The military will ensure it with a few phone calls on her part.

Man I am just looking for the answer that bi*ches parent have money and they have been support her! she doesn't need my money I also have alot of student loans. She does not!

Old 02-06-2011, 03:32 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDADAM View Post
Man I am just looking for the answer that bi*ches parent have money and they have been support her! she doesn't need my money I also have alot of student loans. She does not!
I have to agree with him...you should not breed. We have enough irresponsible self absorbed parents out there...

I hope she puts the screws to you and you have to pay through the nose for your back child support and the current.

Its an easy thing to divorce someone who has abandoned you...you have to list it in the paper, that's it. You thought she would have to stay married to you?? WOW.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times
I truly hope that you are just a Troll because if you are not then you have a LOT of growing up to do and obviously are amoral!

If your ex-wife decides to file for back child support you will be paying a LARGE amount of money. I am rather taken aback by your surprise that she had the 'audacity' to divorce you when you moved out and sent absolutely NO support for the child that you freely acknowledged.

I would not be so very excited about drawing BAH (which you may not get depending upon your custody situation- I would talk to an attorney & JAG to see what the parameters may be- because you will be paying that money to your ex in the form of child support.

You should sign your child up for Tricare (after registering her with DEERS) because you need to be paying for her health insurance.

If you do get to see your child then YOU most likely will be paying for her travel costs (or you may have to actually pick her up and drop her off in person until she is of an age to travel unaccompanied).

You seem to be the epitome of a deadbeat father and it seems as if your only concern is gaining more benefits for your sole use. It is as if you have no plans on actually supporting, caring for and LOVING this innocent child for which you provided half of her DNA.

You are a FATHER. You need to grow up and take responsibility for the life that you helped to bring into this world. Quit being so self-absorbed and worried about monies that you feel are yours, not your child's.

You say that you are young, but if you were old enough to fool around with taking the readily available precautions then you are now old enough to be responsible and not greedily seeking more worldly goods and worrying about a "free" vacation.

Grow up and quit sniveling. In other words...be a MAN and a FATHER!

Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
So basically you want to trash talk and use her and your child, but want nothing to do with them. You want to get extra money for having a child, but you admittedly want nothing to do with her. You left you ex with nothing, and then get made that she leaves you. I hope she gets a copy of this to use against you in court!!! I'm with randy8876.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:41 PM

OK OK So can I get BAH w/dependant if I get shared parenting?

Old 02-06-2011, 03:47 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times
Again...talk to your attorney and JAG. It is very unlikely that anyone will help you to be the worst kind of male. It is a shame that you are bringing down the AF by your association with it because the majority of people that I know in the Services have a high sense of personal and professional honor and you have demonstrated a gross lack in both areas!

You do realize that you will probably either have to pay ALL of the back BAH to your ex and child or back to the AF. The AF is not fond of those members that are liars and cheats.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:52 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDADAM View Post
OK OK So can I get BAH w/dependant if I get shared parenting?
You do realize that you can get in a lot of trouble for that right? When you signed your BAH form, you are OBLIGATED to provide your dependents with adequate support. It reads: " I am aware that failure to support the above named dependents may result in stopping BAQ and recouping BAQ for any prior periods/non support."

You sound so much like my douchebag ex husband...who thought that BAH was party money. Thankfully I am prior service and I know how the system works so... I called his chain of command and he was obligated to give me the money, or pay them back.

I hope someone tells your ex-wife about the BAH and she goes after your chain of command and leaves you with nothing because that is exactly what you deserve.

And why the hell do you even want BAH? You have no interest in being a parent. You are just using this child for money.

Grow up.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 02-06-2011 at 04:32 PM..

Old 02-06-2011, 04:33 PM

Look she came up pregnant in senior year. I did not have time or money for a baby. I had a scholarship to College and that’s what my Mom wanted me to do. I did not want to give that up and I am sure none you would either, she had lots of scholarships but no she decided to have a baby.

I was trying to better myself so I could help support my child. I just got caught up in the party of college and lost my scholarship and then I had to take out a lot of student loans.

Now my mom and I are over 28,000 in debt on student loans all in a two period. The military would not pay them off for me since they were private loans. Now my mom and I have to pay those off.

It was really hard on me not to get caught up in the partying so finally they kicked me out for poor grades and that’s when I showed up in Florida and talked her into marrying me. I only have permanent us residency so I thought if she married me I could get my US Citizenship and take care of my child when I got to E5 and again her family has more money than mine.

So you guys need to let up I am doing the best I can. Does only one know if I do get shared parenting would I get BAH or do I have to have lots of visitation to get it. If I don’t get the BAH I am not going to be able to pay my Mom back, pay my car note and my other student loans.

Last edited by DDADAM; 02-06-2011 at 04:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues