Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 03:55 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times

Advertisements

Big time SCAM, don't fall for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 04:29 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,079,726 times
I think we’re done here. 3 for no scam and 1,000 for scam. Any word from OP?

Old 07-25-2021, 05:14 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Do we even have Military personnel in Yemen?

Old 07-25-2021, 05:15 PM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Advisors, last I looked.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:26 PM

300 posts, read 238,460 times
Default Jasmine Basmati

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
I think we’re done here. 3 for no scam and 1,000 for scam. Any word from OP?
I realize now that it is a scam, but you have to understand that this does not happen right away, I have been communicating with this gentleman for quite a while. He was respectful, endearing, funny, very-knowledgeable about the world and life, in general. Sixty-one years' old, he said, with beautiful white hair, no wrinkles, rosy cheeks, and the most beautiful dimples on his cheeks, I have ever seen in anyone, classy, sophisticate, envisioning everything a woman would want in a man that age. Although, I have taken into consideration that perhaps, his photographs may have been retouched. And he must have a PH.D in Romance Languages , because he is so loving, caring, and understanding. So sure, one can easily fall in love with someone that they do not even know, anyone can fall for that......have I send him any money? No, instead I try to at least get the opinions of people who are knowledgeable with the Military System, something that I do not know anything about, but thanks to you all, now I know a lot.

A lot of these scammers or catfish, as detailed in the AARP leaflet, portray themselves as SURGEONS, of all categories, because they figure that is what women want to hear. But, I have my own money, worked very-hard for it. I do not need anyone's money. At least, I was able to get the opinions, and thinking process of many people here, rather that just taking my own feelings into perspective. And yes, Facebook is full of Scammers or Catfish men. But more and more, I will eventually become an expert on deciphering such men. I am a woman who is hungry for all type of knowledge, and I welcome everyone's opinion, good or not so good. But, most of all, every one that reads my entries, will learn from me, and that is PRICELESS.

And if my present and past tenses may seem a little-out of focus to some people, here, that is because I am an American- born, yet raised, and educated in another country. No apologies for that.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:39 PM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Why not try meeting real people.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:59 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,079,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineBasmati View Post
I realize now that it is a scam, but you have to understand that this does not happen right away, I have been communicating with this gentleman for quite a while. He was respectful, endearing, funny, very-knowledgeable about the world and life, in general. Sixty-one years' old, he said, with beautiful white hair, no wrinkles, rosy cheeks, and the most beautiful dimples on his cheeks, I have ever seen in anyone, classy, sophisticate, envisioning everything a woman would want in a man that age. Although, I have taken into consideration that perhaps, his photographs may have been retouched. And he must have a PH.D in Romance Languages , because he is so loving, caring, and understanding. So sure, one can easily fall in love with someone that they do not even know, anyone can fall for that......have I send him any money? No, instead I try to at least get the opinions of people who are knowledgeable with the Military System, something that I do not know anything about, but thanks to you all, now I know a lot.

t.
When I’m 61, and if I have white hair with dimples (any hair really), you will not find me in the military, inside Yemen or whatever remote desert location.

Try telling him to stop talking about all things money. What great way to focus on the love part. If he’s still chatting online, from Yemen, not mentioning money, then after two years he’s a keeper.

Old 07-25-2021, 08:42 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
So…….I have a bridge………..

Old 07-25-2021, 09:13 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
... Sixty-one years' old, he said, with beautiful white hair, no wrinkles, rosy cheeks, and the most beautiful dimples on his cheeks, I have ever seen in anyone, classy, sophisticate, envisioning everything a woman would want in a man that age.
It is extremely rare for anyone to be allowed to stay on Active Duty at such an advanced age.

I was transferred to mandatory retirement when I was 42.

The military is a career field for 18 to 24-year-olds. Anyone who stays in until they are 30yo will often find himself the oldest person in his unit.

On my last nuclear submarine I was the oldest man on the crew.

Quote:
... he must have a PH.D in Romance Languages, because he is so loving, caring, and understanding.
I have worked with many nuclear physicists, and all sorts of Engineers, Computer Systems Analysts, Aerospace Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Acoustical Engineers, and Accountants.

During my career I worked alongside one man who had a Masters in 'Romance Languages'. He was my subordinate. I am still in contact with him. He had a fairly short military career. I worked with one person who had a degree in Social Science. I remember I had a subordinate with a degree in Economics. Each of these people had short term careers, as those areas of study have little space to excel within the military.

Old 07-25-2021, 11:19 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

I was working on that yesterday but must have gotten side tracked from my grandson. I see I never submitted what I typed out lol

Quote:
I made a friend through Facebook, who is in Yemen, with the Military. We have been friends for over a month, and he will be returning to the USA in two months. He asked me, if I could do him a favor. He stated that he is paid in Yemen money, and that he cannot get a bank in the USA that he can do business with until he returns home. He claims that he has no money to be able to buy anything there, and because he is in the frontline fighting, he is not allowed to leave the base.

From google, you can read about US military in Yemen

US ends support for Saudi-led war in Yemen - Feb 4, 2021

Quote:
All the money he has been paid through the Military, and he has been myriad of years with them, is in different countries currency. He wants me to say that I am his wife, and receive the money at my home, for him. He mentioned that the United Nations Department, will bring it to me directly to my home, and that all I have to do is accept it.

I can't believe you would really think that. These days, it's very easy to get and change American money in other countries.

Do you really think the US government would pay our military in another country currency? What is your reasoning for thinking that way?

Quote:
I have not given him my ultimate decision because I do not know much about Military Laws, or currency from other countries. Is that considered Money Laundering? Can I be arrested for it? How will that affect me directly with the Internal Revenue Service, in the USA, since my name, address, and telephone number will have to be provided before hand. I have never been involved with the Law in any way. I am a law-abiding citizen, and want to make sure, if what he wants me to do is legal, and if I can be prosecuted for it. Thank you for your help. And have a great day.

No it's not money laundering, it's a flat out scam using your money while you wait for his to process.

Quote:
So what is your opinion of what he wants with me? Do you think he is trying to use me to launder his money?
He is trying to use you, just like the other men you're meeting on Facebook and google hangouts

Quote:
This happens to me because I am on F/B PUBLIC.......becaue i wanted to meet people men and women from different countries, but not scammers......

You're going to the wrong type of groups if you keep meeting "people" like this. While they claim to be a male, they could be female, they could also be a teenager. You really do not know. By engaging them, you may eventually find the law coming to your house because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
I think you should stay off of social media. You seem to attract nuts, enjoy a fantasy life here or…who knows. I’ve never seem one person with so many claims. I’m sure there are many more but this was a two minute review of your silliness.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...you-judge.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/coas...e-records.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/non-...r-opinion.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...ld-you-do.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...ould-help.html

Thanks for the history. Very helpful. She has been told many times that these "guys" she's posting about are scammers, yet she continues to engage them using google hang outs and what's app.

I agree, she should stay off of whatever social media page or group that they're finding her in because that's all she's going to get are scammers looking for something. I would not give any of them my email, phone or whatever is needed for google hang outs.

Quotes below are from the last link you give. She says she knows they're scammers, sees a pattern and is posting for others so that they know what to look for, yet here she is posting in military this time, asking if this one is for real and if she could be arrested.

We all knew it was a scammer when we started reading.

Quote:
Oh-Eve: This is the third time, that has happened to me from Facebook. By now, I am beginning to see their operation patterns. Very charming at first, then they insist on dealing from Google Hangouts or WhatsApp, but mostly from H/O. The love words begin to pour from day one, and the beauty of the person. Several days into their victim, they close their Facebook page, and continue with Googles H/O. Lots of questions from their side, resistance when it comes from their victims' side of questioning. And not to eager to use Google's Emails. The older one is, the better. They love older women.

Usually, the name is fake. The city where they live is fake, lots of them are in Petroleum rigs in the middle of the ocean. They will ask for a Gift Card of a $100-200 first, " because they have problems there in the ocean receiving Wi Fi. They wait about two weeks, then their equipment in the ocean brakes down, and they make their second attempt with thousands of dollars. Some allow the victim to call them, and reverse all the telephone charges to them, which can be expensive. Then, if they cannot receive any help from the victim, they disappear.

And often they will use little children in the process. Most of the wives have died of Cancer. They have no family left. They are not eager to give you their telephone or address.

I am ready for the next one.
Quote:
By now, sure. I place these here because there are LOADS of woman, especially in the country side or small towns that will fall prey to these men. By me placing my experiences here, they will learn. This is the main reason, I am far from NAIVE, but look to learn from others all of the time. We can learn even from little children.

Quote:

A lot of these scammers or catfish, as detailed in the AARP leaflet, portray themselves as SURGEONS, of all categories, because they figure that is what women want to hear. But, I have my own money, worked very-hard for it. I do not need anyone's money. At least, I was able to get the opinions, and thinking process of many people here, rather that just taking my own feelings into perspective. And yes, Facebook is full of Scammers or Catfish men. But more and more, I will eventually become an expert on deciphering such men. I am a woman who is hungry for all type of knowledge, and I welcome everyone's opinion, good or not so good. But, most of all, every one that reads my entries, will learn from me, and that is PRICELESS.

And if my present and past tenses may seem a little-out of focus to some people, here, that is because I am an American- born, yet raised, and educated in another country. No apologies for that.

You must not be up on the times, one of the biggest scams is from supposed military men, just like your guy. It's the oldest trick on the web. There are many threads in people search about women falling for military men that they eventually find out were fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues