Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtown12 View Post
You dont see how blacks creating jobs for themselves,instead of running to whitey(who we know wont give us fair treatment) will help us?You must have some sort of mental disability.

America is NOT INTERGRATED.It NEVER HAS BEEN.Unless you call ''intergration'' whites enjoying priviledge in society over others,which is how things currently are.
You as a human being have to create your own reality. If you wanted to become a PhD in Organic Chemistry, believe me, nothing will stop you in this pursuit other than your own lack of effort or initiative. Once you do earn that PhD, come back here and give us the different perspective. I guarantee that your new perspective and opinion of blacks and whites will not resemble your current view. That same old tired argument that you use here has never worked and never will.

This country is not a homogenous society like Japan. Hundreds of different races here. Racism is going to exist. Instead of people congregrating by race, more so now, people congregate by economic status and income, or by education, or like interests. Times have changed. Wake up and join us here in modern times. Learn from this thread.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:02 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,715,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanInSF View Post
You as a human being have to create your own reality. If you wanted to become a PhD in Organic Chemistry, believe me, nothing will stop you in this pursuit other than your own lack of effort or initiative. Once you do earn that PhD, come back here and give us the different perspective. I guarantee that your new perspective and opinion of blacks and whites will not resemble your current view. That same old tired argument that you use here has never worked and never will.

This country is not a homogenous society like Japan. Hundreds of different races here. Racism is going to exist. Instead of people congregrating by race, more so now, people congregate by economic status and income, or by education, or like interests. Times have changed. Wake up and join us here in modern times. Learn from this thread.
Post of the year. Extremely well stated.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:06 PM

119 posts, read 367,779 times
Quote:
You as a human being have to create your own reality. If you wanted to become a PhD in Organic Chemistry, believe me, nothing will stop you in this pursuit other than your own lack of effort or initiative. Once you do earn that PhD, come back here and give us the different perspective. I guarantee that your new perspective and opinion of blacks and whites will not resemble your current view.
How do you know what educational achievements I have made?
You know what they say about people who make ASSumptions.

BTW no degree will change my theory that blacks need more self reliance in a racist labor market/

Quote:
That same old tired argument that you use here has never worked and never will.
Actually there have been upwardly mobile black communities such as rosewood.That same old tired arguement that YOU use her has never worked.When have blacks ever prospered on a wide scale level in this country.Never.In part because of our dependence on whites.Whats funny is that you acknowledge racism but seem to find something wrong with empowering blacks through self employment.

Quote:
Racism is going to exist.

Of coarse it is.And blacks do not have to be content with second class status,which is what we recieve in white controlled businesses and corporations.

Quote:
Instead of people congregrating by race, more so now, people congregate by economic status and income, or by education, or like interests. Times have changed. Wake up and join us here in modern times. Learn from this thread

Times have not changed.Blacks are still the last to be hired and first to be fired.We have mass unemployment and underemployment in the black community,while asian,indian/arab and white owned businesses thrive off of black clientle.This can be changed.

Last edited by brewtown12; 09-20-2007 at 07:30 PM..

Old 09-20-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
How can you have more blacks in businesses and corporations when only a very small minority of the black population values high academic achievement? How many of these hip-hop thugs and baby mamas intend on majoring in Quantum Physics or Applied Mathematics at respected universities like Marquette and Wisconsin?

I see you have no problem generalizing and stereotyping blacks but you sure are eager to ''earn the respect'' of massa.When I speak of blacks Im not speaking about the worst of our people.One does not need a degree in physics in order to be a productive member of society.

Quote:
I'm really not here to argue black behavioral theory. But your views on race make you a part of the problem.

Your white supremicist views make you apart of the problem.And I dont care what color your skin is,you have a white supremicist mindstate.You seem to believe that blacks should focus on getting jobs from people who dont want to give us them, instead of creating jobs for ourselves.

Quote:
You aren't even open to the opinion and insights of an educated black person who has done well in spite of the obstacles.

If youre an ''educated'' black person who has done well in spite of the obstacles what does that make me?

Quote:
Not all white people are bad

I never said they were.However I do feel that most whites are racially biased towards blacks when it comes down to it.

Quote:
not all black people deserve the kind of consideration that you feel is unconditionally warranted.

Im talking about the people who want to work,but cant find work because the jobs arent there.Productive people.these are the people I would like to help.You seem to automatically focus on lazy black,who are in the minority.Most blacks,if given a chance,would be willing to work.

Quote:
My advice to you is to get back in school.

Once again,how do you know what educational level that I am on?

Quote:
You don't appear to even respect people of your own race who have overcome the type of obstacles you claim prevent blacks from becoming mainstream. You must escape that cocoon.
Im not in any cocoon.I just believe that blacks should not depend on whites to provide us equal opportunity,history and current events show us that it wont happen.So we have to do for self,as other ethnicities do.You believe that blacks should continue to depend on whitey for employment and we should all have PHDs in physics.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote View Post
I think the mental problem lies in your misreading of my comment. In fact, you seem to *want* to find negative features in people's comments, whether they exist or not. This is to your discredit.

I'm not saying that it's worse to have a "bubble" in which black employees work for black employers, but I don't think it's the utopia you make it out to be.

A business is a business--if it's going to thrive, then costs have to be kept down while profits are maximized. That is a fact, and it's color-blind. It might make a black person feel better to earn $7 from a black-owned grocery store, but $7/hr is still underemployment.

So you think exploitation by black business owners is really a whole lot better than exploitation by white business owners?

It may seem that way at first, but when the black owner is making $$,$$$ or even $$$,$$$ while the employee is earning less than $18,000/yr, how has the community really gained?

In order to stay in business, the black owner will have to convince less fortunate blacks to spend their hard-earned money on crap that they really don't need. So instead of buying Fritos and cigarettes from whitey, the customer buys them from a black man. Big deal.

And if you think that black business owners would give their profits back to the community, forget it. Many of these owners would help the community, but not always, and not always selflessly.

And then what to do when many of these successful blacks want to move out of the community and live in Brown Deer? Mequon? Brookfield? Next door to whitey and a few Indians?

Even though many enterprising blacks would applaud your interest in more black-owned business, few would agree with your idea of black self-containment.

If your idea were to work, you would one day be railing against the rich, capitalist blacks who have moved out of the central city, taking their tax money and other interests with them (while keeping the business in the central city, of course). This is what whites have done to whites; I doubt blacks have a different human nature.

By the way, is City-Data Forum a black-run enterprise? I would hate to think that you're intentionally supporting whitey. Also, you use "Brewtown" in your handle, but did you know that you've named yourself after something made famous by white Germans?

If you're going to shed the shackles, dude, then start shedding!

Your going way overboard.Dont try to portray me as a NOI member when all im advocating is blacks helping blacks and sticking together.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:06 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,315,765 times
Quote:
Your going way overboard.Dont try to portray me as a NOI member when all im advocating is blacks helping blacks and sticking together.
You're not able to see what it is that you're really promoting. You want blacks to develop a self-contained economy in the image of the "white" economy that you perceive as dysfunctional.

In a way, you have a noble goal: Blacks ought to be able to make all of the same kinds of mistakes that white people have made. If blacks want to imitate the white man's class-segregated economy, then let it be.

I can guarantee that while many of the poor and average blacks celebrate their "unity," the rich blacks will be celebrating their ability to swindle their "brothers" out of money in exchange for unneeded goods and services.

If that's Black Power to you, then go for it!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:43 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
I see you have no problem generalizing and stereotyping blacks but you sure are eager to ''earn the respect'' of massa.When I speak of blacks Im not speaking about the worst of our people.One does not need a degree in physics in order to be a productive member of society.

Your white supremicist views make you apart of the problem.And I dont care what color your skin is,you have a white supremicist mindstate.You seem to believe that blacks should focus on getting jobs from people who dont want to give us them, instead of creating jobs for ourselves.

If youre an ''educated'' black person who has done well in spite of the obstacles what does that make me?

I never said they were.However I do feel that most whites are racially biased towards blacks when it comes down to it.

Im talking about the people who want to work,but cant find work because the jobs arent there.Productive people.these are the people I would like to help.You seem to automatically focus on lazy black,who are in the minority.Most blacks,if given a chance,would be willing to work.

Once again,how do you know what educational level that I am on?

Im not in any cocoon.I just believe that blacks should not depend on whites to provide us equal opportunity,history and current events show us that it wont happen.So we have to do for self,as other ethnicities do.You believe that blacks should continue to depend on whitey for employment and we should all have PHDs in physics.
Reading your responses, it's obvious that trying to get you to understand or even acknowledge the viewpoint of another is as useless as a blind man turning around to look.

You continue to live a hollow regressive existence blaming "whitey." When you see another black person approaching who is preparing themselves to join the mainstream, stand aside.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanInSF View Post
Reading your responses, it's obvious that trying to get you to understand or even acknowledge the viewpoint of another is as useless as a blind man turning around to look.

You continue to live a hollow regressive existence blaming "whitey." When you see another black person approaching who is preparing themselves to join the mainstream, stand aside.

Your viewpoint is one of self hate and white supremacy.Based off your comments,you believe that blacks should continue to rely on a racist labor market,strive to ''earn'' respect from whitey,dont generalize whites by realizing that most of them are bias towards us (as proven by various studies of not only the labor market,but the justice system,loans,etc),yet generize our own people as if we are some sort of problem race.

I dont blame ''whitey'' for anything he doesnt deserve to be blamed for(oppressing blacks through rampant discrimination).More importantly,i feel it is up to blacks to pull ourselves up,as ''whitey'' wont do it for us.

I will continue to live a productive,progreessive life.When YOU see another black person who is preparing him/herself for SELF RELIANCE,and TOTAL EMPOWERMENT,and CONTRIBUTION BACK TO THE COMMUNITY THROUGH JOB CREATION/BUSINESS OWNERSHIP,you stand aside.

Last edited by brewtown12; 09-21-2007 at 02:06 AM..

Old 09-21-2007, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote View Post
You're not able to see what it is that you're really promoting. You want blacks to develop a self-contained economy in the image of the "white" economy that you perceive as dysfunctional.

In a way, you have a noble goal: Blacks ought to be able to make all of the same kinds of mistakes that white people have made. If blacks want to imitate the white man's class-segregated economy, then let it be.

I can guarantee that while many of the poor and average blacks celebrate their "unity," the rich blacks will be celebrating their ability to swindle their "brothers" out of money in exchange for unneeded goods and services.

If that's Black Power to you, then go for it!

Im fully able to see what Im promoting.I want blacks to rely more on ourselves than racist white america,who gives us second class treatment.I want blacks to support black owned and operated businesses,instead of the arab,indian,asian and white businesses WITHIN OUR COMMUNITY that have blacks as thier main customer base,prospering while thier clientle for the most part suffers in poverty.I dont see the ''problem'' you all have with this.Want to keep the ******s begging for your crumbs huh?

Old 09-21-2007, 01:54 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Right now there are millions of blacks who are shaking their heads at you and those who espouse your defeatist approach as they blow right past you on their way up the economic ladder, even as they agree with the spirit if not the detail of your sentiments. I seriously think it would do you some good to get the hell out of Milwaukee to some other place where maybe you'll have a better chance to witness the impressive upward mobility within the black community that is taking place elsewhere. Will blacks achieve economic parity with whites within our lifetime? Probably not. Will they have made huge strides toward that end within our lifetimes? Yeah, they will. Because they already have. And the gap continues to close. So join the wave or get left behind. It's up to you, but just know that the self-segregation approach isn't going to be the way to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee