Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:52 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle Eyes View Post
The Catholic Church especially enjoys telling their flock they need to do good things and give money to their church to get into heaven
Maybe in your church but I haven't heard this message when I went to Catholic Church. Perhaps this was just your experience. Interesting you use the term "flock" as if the parish blindly follows this request of more money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 09:16 PM
JN1

5 posts, read 10,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear_Art View Post
You don't even have to believe it, it is a fact. Jesus was a pacifist and he wasn't what would pass for a conservative today. He would be appalled and saddened at the hate and the intolerance of the political right. Christianity is all about the teachings of Christ and if anyone thinks it is about intolerance, then they are not getting it.
YOU are a prime example of someone who quotes the bible but has never read it, because if you had, you would never make such an outlandish statement. GOD was intolerant, and he continues to show his intolerance to sin everyday in this God lost world we live in.
If the poster is looking for a liberal church, go to any Presbyterian Church, I know of none more liberal, they even allow lesbians as pastors. And while your at it, by accepting this, see how fast you get to heaven with the rest of your liberal ideology and disobedience to God. Let me guess, "but it works for me" is you attitude? I hope to God he allows real Christians to watch on judgment day as his casts all of you phony's into the Lake of Fire...I really hope and pray for this one moment of "I told you so" euphoria!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:32 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Ever notice at the very mention of the word "church" or "Jesus" the atheists and liberal humanists jump all over screaming bloody murder - but let any person of faith dare to question something an atheist or humanist claims to value then the person of faith is "intolerant" and the atheists are being persecuted? Quite an interesting phenomenon. When I take a sociology class - I think I will do a study on it.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:19 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ever notice at the very mention of the word "church" or "Jesus" the atheists and liberal humanists jump all over screaming bloody murder - but let any person of faith dare to question something an atheist or humanist claims to value then the person of faith is "intolerant" and the atheists are being persecuted? Quite an interesting phenomenon. When I take a sociology class - I think I will do a study on it.
It's interesting the perception you hold. When I attend my Unitarian church which has members from each of the groups you mentioned, plus many more, church, jesus, god, & God are discussed. Obviously if you go to some churches you'll hear the word Jesus alot more, but it's there.

What experiences are you drawing from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee