Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 12:46 PM

61 posts, read 112,022 times

Advertisements

I went to Minnesota this past week and looked at a few houses.We really liked one in Stillwater(Liberty by the Lake)and i got to see the adorable town.I really liked it alot.
We were staying in a hotel in Rogers and went to Maple Grove for dinner.What a neat place that is also.Then i got home (Denver)and saw a house online in Burnsville i really like but i don't know the area at all.
Can any of you give me your input on these areas or others to look at with in 45 min of Roger's??I will be back next month to look again.
Stillwater is at the top of the list so far.Just wanted a house on a lake but i might have to settle for one near a lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
Well, obviously Maple Grove is closer, Stillwater and Burnsville are probably pretty close to the same time to get to Rogers. I would pick Stillwater over Burnsville without question. Also, give it a month or so and more houses will be coming on the market and you very well may find one on a lake. Most people will start listing their houses late March/Early April because winter just isn't a good time to buy/sell a house here.

If you like Stillwater, look out by the Square Lake, Lake Carnelian area. Forest Lake (the town) might be an option as well-very large lake with many lake homes.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:27 PM

267 posts, read 558,640 times
If you are going to be working in Rogers there's no way I'd recommend Burnsville or Stillwater - the commute will not be fun.

If you want a lake look north or west of Rogers (unless you really want suburban life too). From Rogers toward Buffalo has quite a few lakes. Or you might try Anoka County which has some smaller lakes and a little more suburban feel.

MLS is showing me 51 lake front homes within 20 miles of Rogers that cost less than $350k so there are probably some good options to choose from that are much closer than you think.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 PM

812 posts, read 2,173,155 times
I like Maple Grove a lot. It has older and newer homes depending on where you live and is a popular suburb. I don't know if you're coming with a family but it's an excellent family suburb.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:57 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWallace View Post
If you are going to be working in Rogers there's no way I'd recommend Burnsville or Stillwater - the commute will not be fun.

If you want a lake look north or west of Rogers (unless you really want suburban life too). From Rogers toward Buffalo has quite a few lakes. Or you might try Anoka County which has some smaller lakes and a little more suburban feel.

MLS is showing me 51 lake front homes within 20 miles of Rogers that cost less than $350k so there are probably some good options to choose from that are much closer than you think.
She doesn't have it here but in previous posts has stated that her partner only has to go to Rogers one day/week and they want to live closer to the metro area.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 PM

The commute is ok.She will only be in Roger's 2 times a week and we drove to Stillwater from Roger's.It took 40 min.No kids just 4 dogs.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:06 PM

Thank you Golfgal..I will check out those area's

Old 02-15-2011, 03:10 AM

S
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEntrepreneur View Post
Yes, indeed! The newer Liberty "retro" homes and neighborhoods are very nice, and Stillwater is a great city to live in. We love it here. If you're working in Rogers, you may not care for the rush hour traffic across the north end 694/94, although you'll be going opposite traffic on the westside. Overall, traffic on east side is far less congested than the west (494 / 94 / 694 / 394).

If you really like the Liberty style neighborhood, there's another like it in Albertville (very near Rogers), although you certainly won't have the classic atmosphere or "adorable" downtown Stillwater.

Are you going to be commuting during normal rush hours? If so, you will NOT want to be in Burnsville.
she will just 2 times a wk.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:10 AM

13 posts, read 65,463 times
Stillwater and Maple Grove over Burnsville. I prefer the northern burbs over the southern. Check out some more northern burbs like coon rapids, Blaine, Andover, Anoka, Forest Lake, Champlin, Dayton. You might like them, great for raising a family and you can get a good price on a home.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:36 AM

3,971 posts, read 9,680,002 times
I like Stillwater, very cool town. Just a little further out. I also like the southern suburbs too, but if I had to choose, it'd be Maple Grove
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul