Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:21 AM

73,050 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeinBoston View Post
Mariner, both rcsteiner and I moved to Atlanta from the Twin Cities. Rcsteiner seems to have lived there a lot longer and is native to the area so he has good perspective. I moved there as a transplants many many years ago so I have a transplants perspective. If you're looking at MSP, you'll find a job. In your 20s, live in the Uptown area. It's a lot like VA/Hi and Midtown Atlanta, maybe even Little Five Points. Anywhere else, you'll be bored.
I live in the suburbs of Atlanta(Kennesaw), so for me, trips out to Atlanta city are like a whole different world for me. I've been to Midtown, so if I do end up in MSP, I might give Uptown a go. I must let you know that I'm not a big party animal type. I'm into coffee places, my Catholic faith, bookstores, water, baseball games, soccer games, cycling, NPR,PBS. I'm also of the pedestrian-cycling type.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6032 View Post
No, he doesn't. He's just talking out of his ass.

I also asked for proof of this in one of the first posts in this thread and no one responded.
well, they say it on KQ all the time!

Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,096,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeinBoston View Post
Mariner, both rcsteiner and I moved to Atlanta from the Twin Cities. Rcsteiner seems to have lived there a lot longer and is native to the area so he has good perspective. I moved there as a transplants many many years ago so I have a transplants perspective. If you're looking at MSP, you'll find a job. In your 20s, live in the Uptown area. It's a lot like VA/Hi and Midtown Atlanta, maybe even Little Five Points. Anywhere else, you'll be bored.
I'm a Twin Cities native (1962-2004), and I've been in the Atlanta metro for almost eight years now, but my knowledge tends to center on the NW quadrant of the metro and Cobb County (Smyrna/Marietta/Kennesaw and southern Cobb), and I don't know a lot about areas south of I-20 or east of 400.

My knowledge of the Twin Cities is similarly limited to the SW quadrant from I-394 south and east to I-35E or so, and mostly north of the river. We rarely went east of Pilot Knob.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I live in the suburbs of Atlanta(Kennesaw), so for me, trips out to Atlanta city are like a whole different world for me. I've been to Midtown, so if I do end up in MSP, I might give Uptown a go. I must let you know that I'm not a big party animal type. I'm into coffee places, my Catholic faith, bookstores, water, baseball games, soccer games, cycling, NPR,PBS. I'm also of the pedestrian-cycling type.
Minnetonka has a few similarities to parts of Cobb ... the area along Williston Road where my parents live is hilly (glacial moraine, I think) and tree covered, and it reminds me a little of the wooded ridges you find in southern Smyrna and Mableton where I live now (Ridge Road, Cooper Lake Road, etc.). Mostly residential, some newer subdivisions, lots of areas with older late 50's and 60's rambler-style housing, etc. Not brick ramblers usually, though.

Black soil, tho. Not clay. I'm still not used to the red soil down here in Georgia. Dirt should not be that color...

Ironically, the weather stations I look at for Minnetonka and Mableton at the Weather Underground site are both at precisely 1000 feet ASL. Coincidence?

Old 07-12-2012, 02:57 PM

83 posts, read 130,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6032 View Post
No, he doesn't. He's just talking out of his ass.

I also asked for proof of this in one of the first posts in this thread and no one responded.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who challenged his racist comments.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
well, they say it on KQ all the time!
KQ lost its appeal for me after Pennies for Pitchers was done and gone.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:19 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,481,112 times
It was just a popular complaint among people who probably listen to talk radio.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,198,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
It was just a popular complaint among people who probably listen to talk radio.
Dude, I LOVE talk radio and listen to KQ92, but can't stand their racist comments and right-wing view on the world much of the time! Sometimes you can love something AND hate part of it at the same time -- it doesn't make you a hypocrite!

Old 07-13-2012, 08:14 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,481,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Dude, I LOVE talk radio and listen to KQ92, but can't stand their racist comments and right-wing view on the world much of the time! Sometimes you can love something AND hate part of it at the same time -- it doesn't make you a hypocrite!
Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh. KQ has gone to that format? I remember a joke I made in the 70's about the "90 minute commercial free music jam". How COULD they?

Old 07-14-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh. KQ has gone to that format? I remember a joke I made in the 70's about the "90 minute commercial free music jam". How COULD they?
KQ has had a somewhat right wing slant (in my opinion) since Tom Barnard started the Tom and Dan show in the mid 80's.

I think he's a very funny and talented buy, but sometimes the show goes a little too far. Or went ... it's admittedly been years since I listened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul