Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 07:59 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times

Advertisements

I swear I found this just stumbling around the interweb with no particular agenda in mind, just like any other day...

(nsfw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBD...yer_detailpage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 08:45 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,136,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I swear I found this just stumbling around the interweb with no particular agenda in mind, just like any other day...

(nsfw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBD...yer_detailpage
That's a video made by the same local comedian that made the Hastily Made Tourism videos. Like the other videos, his humor is largely "inside jokes" that only Clevelanders really understand, and outsiders take his material and distort it to "inform" their views about our city. It's really sad and unfortunate that so many people use what's intended as comedy to inform their opinions. I thought Minneapolitans were more educated than that.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:58 PM

Location: In that state that's next to that other state which is below that other state next to the water
155 posts, read 418,289 times
Default TC seem big enough to me.

The Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul seemed huge as Hell to me but I'm from Dayton,Ohio so it only makes sense that it would seem huge to me. I've only visited once and I loved it and living in the Cities sounds exciting and vibrant to me but I actually think that the Twin Cities would be a bit too big for me! I wish that it weren't the case but I fear that I'd be too overwhelmed because I don't handle traffic well and I fear that I'm too accustomed to my small-town living. I lived in Pinellas County in the Tampa Bay area of Florida for a few years and I went stircrazy and I didn't even live in any of the largest cities in the area! Technically the largest city proper in which I've lived is Dayton and the largest county was Pinellas county so I probably couldn't handle the Twin Cities unless I lived on the outer fringes, which may not be quite the same. I could always visit the core cities of Mpls and St Paul but that would bring us back to my being a traffic wimp lol. I'm sorry for going so far off topic, I guess that my point is that Minneapolis and St Paul are big as far as I'm concerned but I can understand it seeming small to those from larger cities. It's just interesting how diifferent things look and feel to different people.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:33 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,391,152 times
I didn't see enough of the game tonight to gauge how Love played. He didn't seem to be a huge factor though from what I gathered. Thompson, Irving and James were the biggest factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikälskaren View Post
The Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul seemed huge as Hell to me but I'm from Dayton,Ohio so it only makes sense that it would seem huge to me. I've only visited once and I loved it and living in the Cities sounds exciting and vibrant to me but I actually think that the Twin Cities would be a bit too big for me! I wish that it weren't the case but I fear that I'd be too overwhelmed because I don't handle traffic well and I fear that I'm too accustomed to my small-town living. I lived in Pinellas County in the Tampa Bay area of Florida for a few years and I went stircrazy and I didn't even live in any of the largest cities in the area! Technically the largest city proper in which I've lived is Dayton and the largest county was Pinellas county so I probably couldn't handle the Twin Cities unless I lived on the outer fringes, which may not be quite the same. I could always visit the core cities of Mpls and St Paul but that would bring us back to my being a traffic wimp lol. I'm sorry for going so far off topic, I guess that my point is that Minneapolis and St Paul are big as far as I'm concerned but I can understand it seeming small to those from larger cities. It's just interesting how diifferent things look and feel to different people.
Compared to comparable surroundings I'd say it's bigger but not a lot bigger. But I'd say it has more to offer. I've been to both Winnipeg and Milwaukee and no doubt the TC has a ton more to offer than both those places (at least in my opinion, as an insider).

Old 10-31-2014, 10:30 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
That's a video made by the same local comedian that made the Hastily Made Tourism videos. Like the other videos, his humor is largely "inside jokes" that only Clevelanders really understand, and outsiders take his material and distort it to "inform" their views about our city. It's really sad and unfortunate that so many people use what's intended as comedy to inform their opinions. I thought Minneapolitans were more educated than that.
wrong...as usual, I posted it because I thought it was funny

but seeing Cleveland is your anthill, it's no wonder to see you quickly scurry out

Old 11-01-2014, 02:03 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,559,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
You take one person's post about a YouTube video they saw to form an opinion that people from Minneapolis aren't educated? If that's the case, do you want me to take one singular comment from ESPN.com about the Cavs as representative of all of Cleveland?

We can both play the same BS game.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:29 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,068,731 times
I went to the Timberwolves/Bulls game tonight at Target Center, it was amazing! Too bad they lost by a point

Old 11-02-2014, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
I went to the Timberwolves/Bulls game tonight at Target Center, it was amazing! Too bad they lost by a point
That's took the wind out of my sales. Fell asleep for a portion of the game there but proud of the fact that they came all the way back.

But...again a loss is a loss. You could tell Flip was shook up about losing in the press conference. Dangit. That one hurt.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:20 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,559,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
That's took the wind out of my sales. Fell asleep for a portion of the game there but proud of the fact that they came all the way back.

But...again a loss is a loss. You could tell Flip was shook up about losing in the press conference. Dangit. That one hurt.
The fact we have hung around so well with good teams is encouraging. We will only get better throughout the season as rookies and team chemistry improves.

I'm excited.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
The fact we have hung around so well with good teams is encouraging. We will only get better throughout the season as rookies and team chemistry improves.

I'm excited.
They've been saying that for years now. As the Wild coach iterated recently about the Wild, the time for moral victories is over. Same thing with the Wolves. Need to start seeing some results. With the Bulls' best player out that's a win that has to be had, even if they are young or otherwise new together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul