Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 05:47 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,652,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Domino's may not exactly be "rancid dog food" but it's certainly below the standards one might expect from a national pizza chain. Even with all the other cheap pizza places out there, Domino's is by far the worst in terms of ingredients and taste. Every one of their pizzas is like eating a flavorless hunk of bread with a little texture from the canned or frozen toppings, fake cheese that will probably give you cancer, and a few "spices" added on the top just so you know you're not just eating factory made frozen pizza dough that's been heated in an oven.
Careful, you might make queenswake angry. Maybe you should have posted this in Australia forums for her liking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 06:50 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,065,208 times
Their facebook goes back to at least March 2013

Old 09-16-2014, 07:20 PM

290 posts, read 547,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
To each their own. Good luck.
Just curious why this is so important to you? You reply to every reply. Calling places to inquire about their tomatoes -- even several states away. This is cracking me up. What motivates someone to do this? lol This is turning into an epic thread.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:47 AM

171 posts, read 195,676 times
I'm getting Domino's ads on here now. Thanks for that.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:50 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,131,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenswake View Post
Just curious why this is so important to you? You reply to every reply. Calling places to inquire about their tomatoes -- even several states away. This is cracking me up. What motivates someone to do this? lol This is turning into an epic thread.
Why does it bother you? Does he not fit the conformist image of normal Minnesotan enough or something? So what if he's passionate about this issue. Why are you judging him?

Old 09-17-2014, 10:50 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,096,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Why does it bother you? Does he not fit the conformist image of normal Minnesotan enough or something? So what if he's passionate about this issue. Why are you judging him?
I feel like this has stopped being about pizza....

Old 09-17-2014, 12:20 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,197,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
They said their pizza sauce starts out as canned tomato sauce, but they've never used canned, diced tomatoes on their pizza.

I'm not understanding this phrase.....it comes off to me as saying "yes they do but no they don't". What I saw (objective, but anecdotal) was a TV special about Lou Malnati's, and Lou Jr. (or whoever the current owner is) pulled out a giant CAN of tomatoes (looked like crushed tomatoes) and put it into a big pot and also directly onto one of the pizzas he was showcasing, saying that these tomatoes are what help make the pizza truly special, and they're imported from someplace in Italy. I'm paraphrasing, obviously, but since they were in a can, I consider them canned tomatoes.

I'm not sure what I said that drove you to do this scientific study. I just denied that all good or great pizza places use fresh, farm-grown tomatoes that never see the inside of a canister, period. I didn't research the history of canisters or define it in some odd way. I didn't specify the type of tomato style: crushed, whole, diced, etc. (although I know now you mean ONLY diced, canned tomatoes, but that wasn't what I was responding to: I was responding to "canned tomatoes"). I didn't say every single restaurant.

I like data too (it's 100% of my career), but I know when to measure something to the 6th or 7th Sigma and when to just use good judgment.

Last edited by Min-Chi-Cbus; 09-17-2014 at 12:29 PM..

Old 09-17-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I'd also like to report that I had a very low quality cheeseburger at White Castle & that the coffee at Super America is crap.
Say it ain't so!

Old 09-17-2014, 12:33 PM

137 posts, read 225,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsmn View Post
I feel like this has stopped being about pizza....
It never was. It's about Dominos.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenswake View Post
My comment about this being an odd post is sure ringing true. Although now I need the add "hilarious" as an additional qualifier. The OP is something else. And this still belongs more on a a general food forum rather than a city-specific forum as "canned tomatoes" and "delivery fees" are tragedies at Domino's across the country and not just in Minneapolis-St Paul.

No offense OP, but I am beginning to think that you are not the ripest tomato on the vine. Something is not quite right. But you are entertaining nonetheless.

By the way. I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE Kohls and will never shop there again. I would not wish shopping there on my worst enemy. I hope not a single person ever shops there again. But here is a free shipping code if you'd like to use it: MMMM555. Enjoy!
I think that's going a little too far....he's just eccentric, nothing wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul