Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 04:59 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times

Advertisements

Thats what Im sayin there needs to be someone to help people in the hood.Thats why the Midwest be all messed up they ain't even tryin to help out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 01:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,051 times
gurl i agree wit all dat cuz all dat happen ova north is drama...violence...a lil more drama lol...but neways the boy get sum and go and leave them lil gurls all by dem selves 2 take care of da damn kids, all we got ova here is gangs and if u aint in a gang u assosiate wit gangbangaz witch can get u killed just as easly...thats wat happend to my hommee trevor Marsh (R.I.P)..there is 2 many fake lien hoez round hur and yall NEEDS to kill dem bitchez of cuz im tierd of dem!!! PPL give these lil kids sumthin to do cuz they be tryna act like there peers and end up gangstaz just like them, I know how hard it iz 2 live in these steetz...I hang wit a lot of gangstaz and to tell u the truth... i luv em' cuz it gets me respect and protection..if nebody messes wit they done 4....get it???got it??? GOOD!!! lol but 4 real i luv livin in da hood itz so exciting and i luv the dangerous ways of da streets...shoot i have had a gun poited to my head b4, and i have been shot @ b4 but lucky 4 me i hang wit dem real folkz and dey got my back and dey jacked dem ppl up!!!! so yeahhhhh thats all i wanted to say...leave mrda app how ir iz!!!!!!!!!! CUZ I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:14 AM

26 posts, read 124,070 times
People need to help themselves first and then maybe others would be willing to help. Before I moved to Minnesota, I lived on the north side of Milwaukee. Some parts were ghetto just like some parts of North Minneapolis are. I know too many people here and there that are too complacent and aren't really trying to make it happen for themselves, just waiting for somebody else to do something for them. The area may be poor but you can still go to school, go to work, take care of your family, and keep your home up as best as possible.

Last edited by IncredibleKaren; 08-31-2007 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-01-2007, 10:10 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrrda App_612 View Post
gurl i agree wit all dat cuz all dat happen ova north is drama...violence...a lil more drama lol...but neways the boy get sum and go and leave them lil gurls all by dem selves 2 take care of da damn kids, all we got ova here is gangs and if u aint in a gang u assosiate wit gangbangaz witch can get u killed just as easly...thats wat happend to my hommee trevor Marsh (R.I.P)..there is 2 many fake lien hoez round hur and yall NEEDS to kill dem bitchez of cuz im tierd of dem!!! PPL give these lil kids sumthin to do cuz they be tryna act like there peers and end up gangstaz just like them, I know how hard it iz 2 live in these steetz...I hang wit a lot of gangstaz and to tell u the truth... i luv em' cuz it gets me respect and protection..if nebody messes wit they done 4....get it???got it??? GOOD!!! lol but 4 real i luv livin in da hood itz so exciting and i luv the dangerous ways of da streets...shoot i have had a gun poited to my head b4, and i have been shot @ b4 but lucky 4 me i hang wit dem real folkz and dey got my back and dey jacked dem ppl up!!!! so yeahhhhh thats all i wanted to say...leave mrda app how ir iz!!!!!!!!!! CUZ I LOVE IT!!!!!!
$10 says you're a troll.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:32 PM

87 posts, read 400,968 times
I live in Bryn Mawr and I respect all races, ages, etc;. But I just witnessed a SWAT with guns pulled right in front of my friends' grandchildren (she just moved here from STL Park). It takes just one GD drug house, or whatever. I just want all to know is we love our neighborhood, and this home is under the "scope". That crap will not prevail here. We do watch out for each other, and not only have the cops/city council/local council/neighborhood council/mayor, etc, etc, etc..............been contacted, I AM PISSED....
TAKE CONTROL !

Last edited by thomjoe; 09-01-2007 at 11:57 PM..

Old 09-02-2007, 04:22 PM

119 posts, read 367,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleKaren View Post
People need to help themselves first and then maybe others would be willing to help. Before I moved to Minnesota, I lived on the north side of Milwaukee. Some parts were ghetto just like some parts of North Minneapolis are. I know too many people here and there that are too complacent and aren't really trying to make it happen for themselves, just waiting for somebody else to do something for them. The area may be poor but you can still go to school, go to work, take care of your family, and keep your home up as best as possible.

Work?Black men in Milwaukee?A black man in Milwaukee has just about as much a chance of finding stable employment as he has hitting the lotto.Its easy for ''Karen'' to point fingers at Jamal or Lorenzo when society is set up for Karen.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:32 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,688 times
The Milwaukee Urban League (MUL)

Milwaukee Urban League, just like the MSP Urban League specifically curtails towards minorities with finding steady employment thru placement services and training.

Emerge at 1101 West Broadway is a staffing agency that serves the same purpose. There are opportunities available, but they certainly are not as plentiful as they should be.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:35 PM

26 posts, read 124,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtown12 View Post
Work?Black men in Milwaukee?A black man in Milwaukee has just about as much a chance of finding stable employment as he has hitting the lotto.Its easy for ''Karen'' to point fingers at Jamal or Lorenzo when society is set up for Karen.
There are plenty of black men in Milwaukee with jobs. The black men in my family are some of them...and society's set up for Karen? LOL. That's news to me! Don't assume just because you disagree with what I said. I stand by my previous comments.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleKaren View Post
There are plenty of black men in Milwaukee with jobs. The black men in my family are some of them...and society's set up for Karen? LOL. That's news to me! Don't assume just because you disagree with what I said. I stand by my previous comments.
Actually,Milwaukee does have one of the highest unemployment rates among Black males.The highest unemployment rates for black males in the country are in the Midwest and Northeast.The government really needs to put more money into the cities that are struggleing the most,most of which are in the Midwest and Northeast,I get the feeling the government doesn't really care to much about the cities of the Midwest.I feel part of the responsabilty to rebuild struggling cities has to be on the government,but some of it also has to be on the residents of the neighborhoods in the cities.Many of the cities that are struggling right now have alot of positives,the positives just have to be utalized more,and alot of struggling cities can be rebuilt.I don't think you can get rid of crime and poverty for good,but I think they can definetly be reduced.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Thats what Im sayin there needs to be someone to help people in the hood.Thats why the Midwest be all messed up they ain't even tryin to help out.
Sorry about the typo,it should be Thats why the Midwest is messed up.Also,when I put they ain't even tryin to help out,I meant the government.It really doesn't seem to me that thier tryin to help out the struggling cities.The government needs to be the ones to put the money into the struggling areas or cities.Than its up to the people of the neighborhoods to take care of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul