Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 08:10 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,699,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You mean the E9 that retired the second he learned his Unit was going to the sandbox when they need him the most?. Abandoned his Soldiers and caused mass confusion in the unit?

https://alphanewsmn.com/former-natio...me-in-service/
“But even more disturbing is the fact that Walz quickly retired after learning that his unit —southern Minnesota’s 1-125 FA Battalion — would be sent to Iraq,” Hagen wrote. “For Tim Walz to abandon his fellow soldiers and quit when they needed experienced leadership most is disheartening. It dishonors those brave American men and women who did answer their nation’s call and who continue to serve, fight and unfortunately die in harm’s way for us.”

You have just seriously sidetracked the thread topic with the above post.
If you can't stay on topic, then go post that link in a new "Walz" thread of your own creation. Otherwise, I suggest that you adhere to t.o.s. guidelines for staying on a thread topic.

Last edited by atler8; 03-26-2020 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: rephrased a sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 09:41 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
More people have probably died in Minnesota from choking on tiddlywinks than COVID. ONE death with a patient who was already very sick and the rest of us have our lives shut down indefinitely? There's caution and there's panic and this has become panic. People's lives are going to be ruined over this and they have to go on living. We were doing just fine handling the situation without this order coming down. It is not needed at this point. We could gave kept doing what we were doing for another 2 to 3 weeks and likely sent everyone back to school and work. All this tells citizens is "Your government thinks you're incapable of using common sense" and it's not only insulting, it's dangerous to our long term well being. Why wait until midnight Friday for this order to start if this is such a !@#% emergency??
I agree! And who the heck came up with the critical services list? The only people it affects are already home! What does he think, there will be a run on the liquor stores? They are putting a roof on my cabin this week no problem. How is that really critical? I'm on the CISA energy list so I stuck working.... This thing won't kill anywhere what they are saying and the left will claim it was because of what they did. Then we'll go back to what it was and let 16,000 Americans die of the regular flu without giving a rip.... Sgt Major Walz is a joke...Then and now.........

Old 03-26-2020, 11:24 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Quote:
Yeah I think we were doing just fine. ONE person died in Minnesota. Even mentioning Italy in the same breath as us in correlation is the type of overreaction that's gonna put a ton of people out of work and damage lives for years to come. We're supposed to depend on the government to take care of us? Your %@#! Pelosi and her lap dog dems don't even want to send out a stimulus unless they can inject their partisan agenda into it. What a joke.
That's brilliant thinking.

Perhaps, you should the next governor of Mississippi.

Old 03-26-2020, 11:41 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Quote:
No I’ll tell you what’s irresponsible and dangerous - our governor panicking his citizens by telling them 75,000 people could die if he doesn’t issue a stay at home order when ONE human being in this state has succumbed to this virus as of this writing. You’re probably naive enough to believe any stimulus that is passed is going to keep people’s businesses and jobs afloat while we all sit in our houses for months on end. Well guess what? Months from now there’ll be slews of people who no longer have a house because of orders like this. I know it’s a big shock to many of you but not everyone is able to earn their living sitting at home.....but let’s all heap praise upon Saint Walz because he’s acting in the best interests of “science”. As I said...we were doing just fine handling this before today and the statistics more than reflected that, but as usual the government oversteps and decides they have to do our thinking for us. Now our citizens are going to be at risk for additional life threatening consequences aside from this virus.
How people have to die before YOU think more action needs to be taken?

1,000?

10,000?

75,000?

What's the magic number?

What good is it to "save jobs and businesses" when you have no one to hire and no one to buy the goods and services provided?

Jesus, I swear you uber-capitalist types are sociopathic and sickening in the pursuit of your love and god - money.

Old 03-26-2020, 01:19 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
More people have probably died in Minnesota from choking on tiddlywinks than COVID. ONE death with a patient who was already very sick and the rest of us have our lives shut down indefinitely? There's caution and there's panic and this has become panic. People's lives are going to be ruined over this and they have to go on living. We were doing just fine handling the situation without this order coming down. It is not needed at this point. We could gave kept doing what we were doing for another 2 to 3 weeks and likely sent everyone back to school and work. All this tells citizens is "Your government thinks you're incapable of using common sense" and it's not only insulting, it's dangerous to our long term well being. Why wait until midnight Friday for this order to start if this is such a !@#% emergency??
I couldn't agree more with everything you said.

There seems like ulterior motives with some of the governors of these states where the shutdowns are occurring. It's very disturbing.

Old 03-26-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post

1,000?

10,000?

75,000?

What's the magic number?

What good is it to "save jobs and businesses" when you have no one to hire and no one to buy the goods and services provided?

Jesus, I swear you uber-capitalist types are sociopathic and sickening in the pursuit of your love and god - money.
How many people have died of flu in MN so far this year or annually?

It's not about pursuit of money - it's about the health of the nation.

You think if 50 million people are out of work that a large chunk of them will off themselves due to the depression and despair?

Old 03-26-2020, 01:24 PM

The astonishing thing is the same side of the aisle that seems to generally hate authority/police is now giving them far more authority.

Regarding flu, it looks like annually it's in the hundreds. And no, we never have shut down the entire state because of it:

https://www.kimt.com/content/news/Fl...568759441.html

Old 03-26-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
[ More Ventilators, more tests, and more protective equipment for the health workers on the front line. This should help to flatten the curve and so we don't need to use our ice rinks like Spain.

But we don't have enough people here in "the Inn" according to Walz. Isn't that his stance? "The Inn" is still open??

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You mean the E9 that retired the second he learned his Unit was going to the sandbox when they need him the most?. Abandoned his Soldiers and caused mass confusion in the unit?

https://alphanewsmn.com/former-natio...me-in-service/
“But even more disturbing is the fact that Walz quickly retired after learning that his unit —southern Minnesota’s 1-125 FA Battalion — would be sent to Iraq,” Hagen wrote. “For Tim Walz to abandon his fellow soldiers and quit when they needed experienced leadership most is disheartening. It dishonors those brave American men and women who did answer their nation’s call and who continue to serve, fight and unfortunately die in harm’s way for us.”

Disgraceful. I wonder if Walz still believes "the Inn" is still open?

I wonder what his opinion on THAT is, since there are likely a number of people here in "the Inn" that just showed up, and will cost Americans' lives who gave every ounce they had to this nation when those ICU beds quickly fill?

200 something beds...I wonder if Walz wants to give them all to people not currently here at "the Inn" over the elderly here that gave everything to this state...

Last edited by Kavalier; 03-26-2020 at 01:35 PM..

Old 03-26-2020, 01:30 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Donny Bone-spurs

Old 03-26-2020, 02:31 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post

1,000?

10,000?

75,000?

What's the magic number?

Aren't you a greeny?You would think the environazis would be embraceing the potential number of deaths they are predicting.....Think of the carbon foot print of a couple of million nasty humans....

BTW....

emiologist Behind Highly-Cited Coronavirus Model Drastically Revises Model

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epide...aign=mattwalsh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
View detailed profiles of: