Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 12:55 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,045,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuslanK View Post
Okay on Graigslist there is no downtown appartments period most of them even in far away village St. Louis this is frustrating but i guess i will have to go downtown myself and offer bribes to Landlords ;-) Do LandLords of your buildings usually located in the same buillding or i have to go to Managment Company...
I can only assume that you mean St. Louis Park by this. It isn't exactly far away. It touches Minneapolis.

Looking for a place downtown that is $300-600 is likely to result in few results, especially if you're not looking for a really crappy place. You may need to look slightly outside of downtown. Like others have said, there are deals to be had in places like Stevens Square. Loring Park has listings as well. One that hasn't been mentioned is the Whittier neighborhood. All of these are near downtown and have great public transportation access.

You have perhaps thought that places seem outside the city if they have trees and parks. This might be because of the structure of Russian cities. From the way she described it, most people live in small apartments in the city and it's quite tightly packed, but then the population sort of just completely drops off to the countryside. Not sure of the accuracy, but that's what she said about living there. It's not like that in most of America. Dense, Moscow-like living doesn't exist anywhere in Minneapolis...even downtown. Most apartments in the city I've seen are three floors with not too many units.

I saw you mentioned Section 8. You don't have to worry about this. As a guest worker, I'm guessing you don't even qualify for it, and even if you did, the waiting list for Section 8 housing can stretch out for quite a bit longer than your intended stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 09:11 PM

164 posts, read 258,042 times
Given your reply to a post that was made 4 years ago... $460 for 1bd/studio was just about doable in 2008, but I can't imagine renting for anything close to that figure in 2012 in downtown.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:00 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,045,617 times
Uh oh, looks like I've made a classic mistake of not looking at dates. Seems the poster before me revived it and I only responded to the OP. Oh well.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:37 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,664,955 times
I didn't notice that this was a four year old thread until Mr. Maps pointed it out, too. I was incredulous as I read this thread! I'm a pro at apartment hunting in the downtown area and there is absolutely nothing worthwhile to rent for $300 - $600 month! I've heard of the odd person finding an absolute dream of a bargain once every blue moon, but, on the whole... no way. Anything you might find in that price range would be very scary by way of neighbors, neighborhood, rodents, cockroaches, etc., And if you have a vehicle, forget about it! Parking rates are insane!

However, if you can recommend a stable, work at home job... I'm all ears!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul