Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 10:10 AM

68 posts, read 94,917 times

Advertisements

And a survey for those that already left minnesota...

Question 1. Where did you live in minnesota?

Downtown Minneapolis, Golden Valley & Robbinsdale.

Question 2. Where did you move to? and why?

San Francisco, CA

Question 3. What do you miss most about minnesota?

Friends, Family, It's less crowded, the ability to do outdoorsy things more often, Sports teams, 4 seasons, the cost of living.

Question 4. What do you miss the least?

The dark in the winters. I don't mind the cold and snow, but don't like the Nov-Dec stretch of 4:30 sunsets. Lifelong Minnesotans. I don't like that the people there tend to be extremely proud of being from there. Yet they complain all the time about being there.

Overall, I'm glad I moved, but I miss it and will be back at some point. I also lived in FL for a long time. Don't go there unless you have the money to live right on the beach. Most of FL is a really boring, extremely hot & humid, suburban or redneck. CA is great, but the cost of living is outrageous. For my small 1br apt here I could get a 3 bedroom house and 2 cars.

My advice is to move, but be open to coming back. MN is a great place to live, you just need to avoid the people who complain about it constantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 12:03 PM

761 posts, read 833,337 times
Question 1. Where did you live in minnesota?
I lived in Vadnais Heights near St. Paul

Question 2. Where did you move to? and why?
Moved back to PA for aging father and family reasons. Now in NC and loving it.

Question 3. What do you miss most about minnesota?
The quality and quantity of restaurants. Loved Kozlak's Royal Oaks at its' peak, Keys and Lindey's Steak House

Extreme cold with below zero windchill and 4 foot Halloween snowfalls circa 1991.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:04 PM

242 posts, read 433,319 times
Question 1. Where did you live in Minnesota?
Answer: EP

Question 2. Where did you move to and why?
Answer: I lost my job at one of the major companies in Minnesota. I work in a fairly specialized field and I therefore can't always be too choosy about which city I live and work in. I tried looking for another suitable job in the cities for about a year and a half and there simply weren't any. Found jobs in other states very quickly and easily; accepted an offer in Texas.

Question 3. What do you miss most about Minnesota?
Answer: Pretty much everything. I think what I miss most is sitting in my man cave by my fireplace watching the snowfall while watching football. Or walking by the lakes with my dog and realizing how beautiful it was. I love, love, love the north woods/rustic feel of Minnesota and hope to one day return. I did not take one day living there for granted and am very sad to be gone from my "home".

Answer: Oddly, not the weather. It really didn't bother me until around mid February. I'm happy as long as the temperature is above zero and we only get a few weeks of that. I will say I don't miss the high taxes and "Minnesota nice". The bugs are pretty rough, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul