Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 01:39 PM

113 posts, read 155,677 times

Advertisements

From Minneapolis Crime Watch.com

4th Precinct Weekly Highlights

The North Minneapolis precinct weekly highlights from the MPD.

---------------------------------
4TH PRECINCT HIGHLIGHTS - WEEK 569 – DECEMBER 16 – DECEMBER 22, 2008

The MPD provides this public safety information as a public service. These highlights are not reflective of all incidents handled or investigated by MPD during this time. All persons are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

ASSAULT
256 UPTON S WEDNESDAY 1520 HOURS 08-384867
Anwatin School teacher assaulted by a student. Arrested was a 12 year old black female

33XX LOGAN THURSDAY 1739 HOURS 08-385000
13 year old black male w/9 CAPRS threatened & struck in the face with a gun by a 19 year old black male w/22 CAPRS

16th & PENN FRIDAY 2035 HOURS 08-386067
Uncooperative 18 year old black male w/13 CAPRS was shot in the leg by an unknown party.

2507 Bryant MONDAY 1839 HOURS 08-388405
Officers responded to a shooting at St. Phillips Church and locate a 18 year old black male w/8 CAPRS in a basement bathroom saying he’d been shot in the leg while in the bathroom. As officers attempted to gather information the victim became uncooperative and the numerous teenagers there at the time of the shooting weren’t able to provide any information. Officers unable to locate any evidence in the bathroom or surrounding vicinity. Officers believe the wound was accidentally self inflicted.

13XX RUSSELL MONDAY 2147 HOURS 08-388551
While in their car a 47 and 20 year old black male and female, w/15 & 0 CAPRS, were shot at by three unknown black males.

ROBBERY
33rd & VINCENT THURSDAY 1825 HORUS 08-385052
Two black males attempted to rob a 20 year old black male while implying a gun but were scared off by an approaching vehicle.

11XX 25th AVENUE THURSDAY 1924 HORUS 08-385134
While outside his truck a 33 year old Hispanic male was robbed of $130 @ gunpoint by a 20-30 year old black male who approached and said “give me your money or I will kill you.”

37TH & 6TH STREET FRIDAY 2115 HOURS 08-386135
19 year old black male robbed @ gunpoint by two black males while sitting in his car waiting for his uncle.

WEAPONS – WEEK TO DATE 6 - YEAR TO DATE 402 - OTHER PRECINCTS - 400
1923 HILLSIDE WEDNESDAY 1608 HOURS 08-384005
CRT warrant recovered a small amount of weed and a loaded 9MM Highpoint & Taurus semi automatic handgun. Suspect is a 23 year old black male w/28 CAPRS

BROADWAY & FREMONT THURSDAY 1625 HOURS 08-384944
Passerby observed a handgun lying in the street. Officers recovered a loaded H & K.

2701 LYNDALE SUNDAY 1545 HOURS 08-387485
Officers observed two black males loitering and then fleeing after one threw an object later found to be a 9MM Taurus.

PATROL HIGHLIGHTS SUBMITTED
TUESDAY
39XX Upton – 0940 hours – 08-382939. 911 in progress burglary where upon arrival officers stop two parties matching the aired descriptions. Victim told officers he was sleeping in the basement, heard noise upstairs, grabbed his shotgun and while at the bottom of the steps observed a male and then another who fled outside where he confronted them but they fled. Victim ID’d the suspects found carrying his property. Arrested were 15 & 14 year old black males w/16 & 3 CAPRS – one lives ½ a block away

4th Precinct officers also responded to an attempted burglary at 39XX Vincent earlier in the day where a 84 year old male ran out his front door while an unknown black male attempted to kick in his rear door.

Later a warrant was executed at one of the suspects home recovered bullets an I-POD’s from suspects bedroom and weed, crack cocaine and a gun stolen in a burglary @ 27XX Thomas N in his mothers bedroom.

1300 Olson Memorial Highway - 1630 hours - 08-384015. While on the school bus student over hears another talking about bringing weapons and explosives to Dunwoody Academy School and killing people. Squad took initial report, notified school administration and our Juvenile Unit who followed up on the info. Arrested was a 15 year old black male w/1 CAPRS

WEDNESDAY
4318 Xerxes – 1136 hours – 08-383797. Residents called in a suspicious person who had been seen earlier in the week at a residence which suffered damage to its alarm panel. Party was found to not have a valid reason for being in the area and carrying burglary tools. Arrested was Zebedee Clark a 45 year old black male w/36+ CAPRS - DOC hold placed as he’s on parole from St. Cloud for 3rd degree burglary

THURSDAY
16XX Plymouth – 2230 hours - 08-384319. While handling a domestic and speaking with residents and ID’ing witnesses an officer recognized a party. Around Thanksgiving he’d responded to burglary and later the B of I sent him an e-mail naming a person who left his prints behind was the party no insight. The officer also observed a Dell laptop in his bedroom and remembered a Dell laptop was taken in the earlier burglary so pulled the report and compared the serial numbers and found this to be the one stolen. Suspect booked and during his interview admitted to the burglary and named his brother as an active participant in the burglary. VERY NICE POLICE WORK!! Arrested was a 16 year old black male w/3 CAPRS

SATURDAY
21XX Ilion - 0300 hours - 08-386502. 15 year old female called 911 regarding a rape however it took officers an hour to locate her. The female was repeatedly raped at the above location by at least five adult and juvenile males. Officers located the house and at the time of this report the house was being held pending a search warrant. Resources: Dogwatch 409,421, 411, 423, daywatch 410, 412, 422, 710, and 120. Arrested were Toua Thao, Lee Long, juvenile male & Cha Thao, Asian males 21, 21, 15, & 25 years old w/0 CAPRS & a 15 year old Asian male listed as a suspect

51st & Irving 49th & Girard – 0249-0250 hours – 08-386451. Officers attempted to stop a driver for reckless driving at a high rate of speed and running stop signs however he fled. Shortly afterward officers aired the driver pulled over but fled on foot. The driver was located about an hour later in a nearby residence. 431 was the only squad in the pursuit however 409, 425, 961, 954, 955, 292, 411, 423, 462, 421 & Brooklyn Center assisted on the perimeter. Arrested was Fontane Hollie, a 26 year old black male

SUNDAY
4th St N @ 2nd Ave - 1312 hours - 08-387417. During a transport a squad was rear ended and the prisoner complained of neck pain so was transported to HCMC. Driver of the striking vehicle arrested for the assortment of narcotics found in his vehicle. Arrested was John Thacker a 27 year old white male

17XX Plymouth – 2245 hours - 08-387767. Officers dispatched to a rape where the victim was assaulted and raped by a male known to her. At the time of the report a search warrant was being drafted and precinct officers were at the scene. Arrested was Willie Tabor 56 year old black male

MONDAY
34th & Oliver – 0330 hours - 08-388322. Officers responded to a Fridley hospital to meet a 18 year old white female who stated she was raped at or near the above on Saturday. Suspect is a mid 30’s white male, married to the witness who was in same bed at the time of the rape. Victim and the witness both live at the same halfway house.

Broadway and Lowry Beats - Very cold and slow night
Open Bottle – 923 Broadway – 1541 hours - 08-388264 – Arrested was Lewis Beckham 42 year old black male w/9 CAPRS
Warrant Booking - 08-388388 – not yet uploaded in CAPRS
Driving after Cancellation - 2243 hours - 2nd & Broadway - 08-388596. Arrested: Michael Rosa, 56 year old white male w/7
CAPRS

DIRECTED PATROL
16th & Queen – 1800 hours - 08-382421. Traffic stop for a muffler violation found the driver to be CANC-IPS. Arrested was Javaris Milton a 31 year old black male w/69 CAPRS

I-94 & Broadway – 2014 hours - 08-382523. Officers stopped a St Paul stolen. Arrested was Sean Garcia a 31 year old white male.

I-94 & Broadway – 0006 hours - 08-383534. Checking vehicle registrations officers found a Minneapolis stolen. Arrested were Rafee Shaka & three juveniles, 23, 13, 14 & 16 year old black males and female w/16, 1, 3 & 9 CAPRS – auto theft and curfew

Broadway & James – 1753 hours - 08-384092. Violent Offender Task Force requested assistance stopping a vehicle supposed to contain an armed robbery suspect. Precinct officers obtained the information and tracked down the vehicle and recovered a 32 caliber semi automatic. Arrested were Thomas McCallister & Calvin Clinkscale, 22 & 25 year old black males w/20 & 28 CAPRS

35th & Fremont – 2029 hours - 08-384218. Traffic stop for illegal use of an alley and object hanging from the rear view mirror during which the passenger was identified due to not wearing a seat belt. Arrested were Shawn Carlson and Karea Sanders, 34 & 24 year old white male and female w/25 CAPRS and a felony warrant.

Hillside & Irving – 1956 hours - 08-385154. Officers stopped a party for a parking violation and found he had a Ramsey County felony warrant. Arrested was Daniel Capard a 25 year old black male w/2 CAPRS

DP Areas:
26/Penn – 08-384453, 08-385308, 08-385316, and 08-385325. Officers conducted prostitution details due to recent complaints which resulted in a felony warrant arrest, three loiter with intent/prostitution arrests and one narcotics loitering arrest. Arrested were Linda Waddell, Deshanyne Underwood & Vincent Spark, white and black females and a black male, 54 , 32, 19 years old w//44, 78 & 1 CAPRS – fourth persons case hasn’t been uploaded

36th Ave N - several misdemeanor arrests and robbery suppression patrol.

1515 Plymouth - Officers continued to check the apartment building. Loitering and drug activity has significantly slowed down.

JCAT - Mpls Juvenile Division, 4th Precinct Officers, Brooklyn Park Officers, Hennepin County Sheriff Deputies, Hennepin County Juvenile Probation , US Deputy Marshalls, HUD Special Agents and Ramsey County Sheriffs made the following contacts and or arrests in the Fourth Precinct though it should be noted not all officers are not present at every scene due to agency schedules and field logistics. All warrants confirmed prior to beginning field operations and at each location officers explained the purpose and objectives of JCAT.

2 males @ 26XX Knox. #1– Active: Flee Police on Foot. Priors: Flee Police on Foot, Trespass x2, Trespass from School x2, Curfew x2, Attempt Robbery, Riot, Damage to Property & Shoplift. #2 – Active: Aiding an Offender. Priors: Motor Vehicle Theft, Robbery, Motor Vehicle Tampering, Curfewx2, Disorderly Conduct & Shoplifting. Officers spoke with #1’s mom and located him inside along with three known offenders. There was a large aggressive pit bull, which previously bit a Brooklyn Park K9 and shot by police at that time but survived, on scene which had to be contained before officers could enter. #2 wasn’t located.

Male @ 25XX Humboldt. Active: Burglary x3, Curfew & Runaway x2. Priors: Motor Vehicle Tampering, Theft, Curfew x2, Receiving & Concealing, Runaway x4, Trespass, Assault 5, Shoplift, Disorderly Conduct x3, Damage to Property, Assault 5 x2 & Criminal Sexual Conduct. Officers spoke w/his mom & her boyfriend who were arrested on Family Court & Assault 4 warrants. Subject is at Bar None in Anoka until the 18th at which time will return to this address.

Male @ 33XX 6th Street. Active: Burglary. Priors: Burglary & Damage to Motor Vehicle. Subjects mom and a sibling reported him at his Aunt’s @ 28XX 10th Ave. S. Officers knocked for an extended period of time before contact was made and the subject came to the door. The subject who was angry and argumentative was arrested.

Hennepin County Electronic Home Monitoring requested assistance in locating a male @ 9XX Russell. Active: Assault 2 x2 & Weapons monitoring violations. Priors: Assault 4 & Curfew x2. Officers arrested him in bed.

Mary Rainville
4th Precinct Police Support Technician
1925 Plymouth Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55411
612-673-2947
mary.rainville@ci.minneapolis.mn.us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 05:40 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,829,251 times
Binky, congratulations on your copy/ paste and hyperlinking ability - as a 4th precinct resident, I am wondering what your fascination with crime in my precinct is (considering you live south of the Metro and that this information is readily available at the site that you are hyperlinking to). And how come you're not posting the "weekly highlights" of the other Mpls precincts? - there is plenty more crime to be found in other areas of the city.... or aren't you able to find this information online so as to be able to copy and paste it?

Old 12-27-2008, 06:29 PM

113 posts, read 155,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden Northsider View Post
Binky, congratulations on your copy/ paste and hyperlinking ability - as a 4th precinct resident, I am wondering what your fascination with crime in my precinct is (considering you live south of the Metro and that this information is readily available at the site that you are hyperlinking to). And how come you're not posting the "weekly highlights" of the other Mpls precincts? - there is plenty more crime to be found in other areas of the city.... or aren't you able to find this information online so as to be able to copy and paste it?
Apologies...

It's simply that this particular blogger does a fantastic example of cataloging the crime problems rampant in the city of Mpls. Your area is noteworthy simply because it's been noted.

I also posted a story about the home invasons in St Paul, perpetrated by people who ask to use a phone, or bathroom, or get a drink of water. (WTF!? Why in the name of god does anyone allow an unexpected stranger into their home for any reason!? With the exception of invited guests and repair men, if I don't know you, you're not getting any farther than the front porch.)

As for my "cut and paste" skills, I oftentimes cite and copy the whole article due to the fact that some sites kill their links in little to no time. Best, in my mind, to both link and quote the article.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:42 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
I see alot of stuff on robbery and assault, but no murder.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:49 AM

2,507 posts, read 8,559,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky .357 View Post
Apologies...

It's simply that this particular blogger does a fantastic example of cataloging the crime problems rampant in the city of Mpls. Your area is noteworthy simply because it's been noted.

I also posted a story about the home invasons in St Paul, perpetrated by people who ask to use a phone, or bathroom, or get a drink of water. (WTF!? Why in the name of god does anyone allow an unexpected stranger into their home for any reason!? With the exception of invited guests and repair men, if I don't know you, you're not getting any farther than the front porch.)

As for my "cut and paste" skills, I oftentimes cite and copy the whole article due to the fact that some sites kill their links in little to no time. Best, in my mind, to both link and quote the article.
I don't know....not letting strangers use my toilet and phone are some of the crazy concessions that I make in order to live in the City without being a victim of crime. It seems that you have a similar aversion to letting strangers use your private facilities. I suppose that they could use your GPS considering that you leave it in your unlocked car.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:31 PM

120 posts, read 470,556 times
Default Crimes in Victory

I ocassionally check the crime reports there. Is it me or does it seem like there's more than a normal amount of crime going on there recently? Usually, seems pretty quite there.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:48 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,829,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil45 View Post
I ocassionally check the crime reports there. Is it me or does it seem like there's more than a normal amount of crime going on there recently? Usually, seems pretty quite there.
From the crime maps for this week and the reports above - there were only two crimes that happened in Victory during the week of the 16th - 22nd, both burglaries, unfortunately for the homeowners (or burglars depending on how you look at it), it appears that the burglars were unaware that the homeowners were actually in their homes at the time they were trying to burglarize it (of the victims, one was an 84 year old man and another was a guy sleeping in his basement where he must also have kept his hunting rifles). The third "incident" above in Victory on 4300 block of Xerxes is an example of residents calling in suspicious activity leading to an arrest of a would-be burglar.

Considering that the population of Victory is around 5,000 residents, two crimes within a week's time doesn't seem too bad to me - Bryn Mawr, also in the 4th precinct and with about half the population of Victory, had an assault and 2 larcenies this week (and in general, Bryn Mawr has an exorbitant burglary rate in comparison to Victory, despite the fact that burglaries/ garage thefts are the most commonplace crimes that happen here).

But to your point about crimes in the neighborhood and whether it's increasing - it does seem that there's been an uptick in burglaries/ garage thefts lately, and maybe an increase in not-so-bright would-be burglars getting caught by neighbors/ police in botched schemes, but I'm not sure how much of this is a result of the old adage that crime increases around the holidays, or if it's related to economic factors or what. I would be surprised, however, if Victory is seeing a more elevated level of crime these days in comparison to other similar neighborhoods throughout the city - hopefully the MPD releases a spreadsheet compilation of all of 2008's crime stats combined so I can do a per capita crime project on the #s again and rank all Mpls neighborhoods for the year.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:05 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,688 times
Thats pretty slow, actually. There tends to be more activity during the summertime, but even still it doesnt represent your statement of Minneapolis being RAMPANT WITH CRIME. I dont think Victory has seen any dramatic increase if you compare that data to the last years worth of reported crimes...its still dramatically low.

Most of the incidents that take place in the 4th precinct tend to be in Plymouth/Lowry/Penn/Lyndale area.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:20 AM

987 posts, read 3,817,383 times
You can take stuff out of my garage. Insurance will cover it. Steal my car, whatever. I don't care. Take my life savings and lie to me every day while you're doing it... insurance doesn't cover that. Unforgiveable.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 AM

241 posts, read 435,417 times
My best defense against crime is to own crap that nobody would want to steal. At least, that's what I keep telling myself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul