Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:57 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,625,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
I run into alot of slow Illinois drivers, i should go on the Chicago forum and ask why they drive so slow.

I run into a lot of slow Illinois drivers in Michigan. Do they realize 70mph is legal in Michigan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 11:33 AM

411 posts, read 992,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I myself try to stay ahead of the Wisconnie vehicles to avoid getting hit by the beer cans that come flying out of them every 5 or 10 minutes.
Hey, I resent that. It's every 2 or 3 minutes!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,480,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggard View Post
Hey, I resent that. It's every 2 or 3 minutes!
Takes you THAT LONG to empty one? What're you trying to do, "savor it"?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:52 AM

3 posts, read 4,282 times
I agree,
I moved to twin cities 5 years ago from over the seas, can't stand people driving here. I'm behind the wheel most of my day (I'm "on call" interpreter) Most people very inconsiderate on the road, I had people showing me middle fingers, not letting me in the lane, not letting me out of the lane... I wouldn't have a nerve to flash my lights (even though I would love to have such a communication tool) I even thought about creating a special language for vehicle operator's or some flash cards "excuse me", "sorry, I cut you off" or "I must pass you". Police is spoiled here for traffic tickets, I agree. (I didn't get a speeding ticket yet for all this years of my "crazy" driving, but I had couple for driving on the restricted lane). Which I guess I deserved, but too many cars get stopped on the road by the police especially during rush hours, it's a shame. Are they looking for easy money?
Forgot to mention, I'm a woman driver.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 PM

136 posts, read 384,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
I'd pull you over to the side of the road.

What is your deal, anyways? Everything I've said is a very rational response to your scenarios, and yet you keep provoking me and acting as if I'M the a$$hole! But seriously, if you purposely blocked me and carried this attitude out onto the roadways I might just pull you over and pick a fight with you....or at least talk some sense into you.
I guess living and driving in Cleveland is having a huge effect on you.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
I run into a lot of slow Illinois drivers in Michigan. Do they realize 70mph is legal in Michigan?
I was joking because i see more of them going about 80 or 90 lol
Just a couple days ago i saw a group of 4 ugly but flashy cars from Illinois going about 85 mph zig zagging down 94

Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,625,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
I was joking because i see more of them going about 80 or 90 lol
Just a couple days ago i saw a group of 4 ugly but flashy cars from Illinois going about 85 mph zig zagging down 94

The Illinois drivers in metro Detroit are afraid to go faster than 65, and seem to like camping out in the left lane.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:25 PM

389 posts, read 921,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
The Illinois drivers in metro Detroit are afraid to go faster than 65, and seem to like camping out in the left lane.
Most people from less urban areas drive slow. I live now in Eastern Iowa, used to live in Chicago area and can't stand slow drivers on left lane. Illinois and Wisconsin drivers drive slow in that parts too. And its unnerving when they come to a complete stop when they are cleared to make a turn. Slow down, look for pedestrians but do not stop! Many of them also drive 5-10 miles below speed limit of 25.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:03 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,883,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside38 View Post
I guess living and driving in Cleveland is having a huge effect on you.
Welcome back to the conversation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul