Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

smokers huddling for warmth and refusing to meet my gaze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 07:21 PM

270 posts, read 260,382 times
Well, you with the white cane and sunglasses, and the snarling dog beside you, why would the other smokers want to look you in the eyes?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
Watching the people run like the devil from their heated car to another heated place without a warm coat and at the same time tell everyone who would listen how much they like a theatre of seasons!

Yes I agree and have a few more to add :-) Keep in mind, to each their own, but when someone's statements one day contradict their statements or actions another day it just drives me nuts.

People will tell you how much they love snow....and hope it will snow more soon,.....but when it snows and the slippery roads cause 80 accidents in 12 hours, they tell you how treacherous the roads are and how bad they feel for everyone who was involved in an accident. Since we pretty much all drive daily....why in the world would you wish for something that you knew would create potentially hazardous conditions for drivers or even the elderly who may wish occasionally to get out and walk on something other than an slippery snow covered sidewalk ?

Or the group who tells you how much they enjoy all 4 seasons....but when the vacation schedule at work is put up.....yup, you guessed it, what season fills up in the first 15 minutes ??? Take a wild guess.....lol. The few that do take time off during the Winter....do they stay and play in the cold and snow....nope, most all of them jet off to warmer Southern destinations. Hmmmmmmm !

Another of my favorites is "there are no bugs (Mosquitos etc...) to bother you in the Winter". Ya, you're right, but since it's cold out and you have your doors and windows closed at all times, and when you go outside you're bundled up with coat, hat and mittens....it's unlikely that even if there were mosquitos they would be able to find bare skin to do their dastardly deed anyway....so where's the true advantage ? If you dressed like that in the summer you'd not have a problem with mosquitos either....lol.

To each their own, and if you do indeed like Winter, that's great. More power to you....but then pick a position and stick to it. Just don't tell me how much you like Winter/Cold/Snow and then try to beat me to the vacation calendar for the middle two weeks of July every year :-) Take your 2 week vacation in February this year....it will make us both happier !

FYI....much of this was said "tongue in cheek" and in fun.....but you have to admit, there is some truth in there if you fellow Summer/warm weather lovers look at how those around you act and what they say during the Winter. It's kind of fun to watch them flip-flop depending on the situation :-) Afterall, when you're bored during our long Winter, anything you can do for amusement is a good plan.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:37 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
Ok, about the coat thing--I often leave my coat in the car, especially if I am shopping. The stores are warm and lugging a coat around or wearing it is just uncomfortable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota