Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 06:09 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
We don't know what percentage make it a way of life. We do know, though, that their initial wave (s) were to such a cold climate because of the social services.
Minnesota has been welcoming to refugees, and I commend the state for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 04:35 AM

1,465 posts, read 621,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
We don't know what percentage make it a way of life. We do know, though, that their initial wave (s) were to such a cold climate because of the social services.
What was the name of the park where they were regularly attacking white people a couple of years ago?

I'm sure it's still happening.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:33 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
What was the name of the park where they were regularly attacking white people a couple of years ago?

I'm sure it's still happening.
They were attacking/assaulting people randomly all over the Cities as I recall.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:44 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Just so we stay on-topic... I have a home in rural Sebeka, about 3 hours northwest of the cities. Most of the crime there is Meth related. Much different from what's occurring in Minneapolis. The crimes in rural MN tend to be property in nature as opposed to violence. Less than half an hour to the north there are many immigrants (some legal some not) living and working in the Park Rapids area. There's hardly any Gun/Violent crimes occurring at all and believe me, there are PLENTY of guns in the hood. Truthfully the only idiots in the neighborhood are import protesters for the Oil Pipeline project. If it wasn't for that, it would be a mostly peaceful summer up there.

* staying on topic since someone thinks we shouldn't be talking about Crime in Minnesota in the Minnesota thread...

Old 07-09-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Just so we stay on-topic... I have a home in rural Sebeka, about 3 hours northwest of the cities. Most of the crime there is Meth related. Much different from what's occurring in Minneapolis. The crimes in rural MN tend to be property in nature as opposed to violence. Less than half an hour to the north there are many immigrants (some legal some not) living and working in the Park Rapids area. There's hardly any Gun/Violent crimes occurring at all and believe me, there are PLENTY of guns in the hood. Truthfully the only idiots in the neighborhood are import protesters for the Oil Pipeline project. If it wasn't for that, it would be a mostly peaceful summer up there.

* staying on topic since someone thinks we shouldn't be talking about Crime in Minnesota in the Minnesota thread...
I go to the Iron Range about once a year these days, and I can say that probably every household up there has guns, and often times when on our property up there we will hear gun shots all day (people just shooting for fun or hunting), but strangely they have no gun-homicide lunacy up there.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:22 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,212,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Minnesota doesn’t welcome all of them. The Governor does.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:26 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,212,304 times
This just in:

Today, Minneapolis is not far behind that pace, with 34 homicides by the end of May 2021, an increase of 89% year-to-year.
Robberies are up 32% and total violent crimes are up 14% year to year.
Gun violence is playing a big role, as there have been 187 shootings so far this year.
Minneapolis Police didn't used to specifically track carjackings until the surge last year.
MPD reports 405 carjackings in 2020, a rise, they say, of 301% over 2019.
So far this year, there have been 95 carjackings, an increase of 53 percent from this time last year.
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...c-aeca9b181fbe

Old 07-10-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Minnesota doesn’t welcome all of them. The Governor does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
The demographic change is deliberate - it isn't organic at all.

Minnesota had a tiny fraction of the insane violent crime we have here in the Twin Cities today back in the 1950s before this manufactured demo change. Violent crime has only gotten worse since this manufactured demographic change.

Fifty years ago, Minnesota was 98% white. The white population was almost exclusively Northern European. Germans were the largest “ethnic group” in the state, followed by Norwegians, Irish, Swedish, and English. The diversity was mostly the remaining American Indians from the frontier days. The typical Minnesotan could live his life, if he chose, without seeing a black person, other than in the media.

Within living memory, Minnesota had no race problems, because the state had no diversity. It was a racially homogenous population and a relatively high trust society.

Minnesota Gats

Old 07-11-2021, 05:09 AM

Quote:
"I want you all to know right now the biggest threat to public safety in our city and particularly our African American community is not the police," said Chief Arradondo. "We have an epidemic right now of unequivocal gun violence particularly in our African American communities and that must stop.”
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...6-c20669e46331

I didn't say it...

But remember Minnesotans, MN is a horrible place because it's so lacking in diversity. Our god Diversity - more diversity, unending diversity - will solve this problem.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:04 PM

6,538 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Someone just stole a ladies purse and her walker on 22nd and Lake. Does it get any worse/lower then this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota