Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 14,333 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Minneapolis and need to find an ob gyn. Currently I am living downtown, but will be moving to an outer suburb towards the end of the year (probably Apple Valley or Coon Rapids - opposite ends I know) but not positive on specific neighbourhood. Any suggestions on Doctor's and hospitals?
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 09:50 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,287,454 times
I use the Parkview OB Clinic in Eagan (part of the Allina System) and have had a good experience with them.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:15 AM

184 posts, read 1,019,497 times
I guess I would figure out where you'll be living first, then choose a doc based on geography (and proximity of the hospital they prefer). If you can't wait, I think you're safest best is Fairview or Allina. They both have hospitals and locations in several suburbs. If you end up on the east side of the metro, then HealthEast is tops.

I'd call central info, tell them you will be a new patient, and ask for a couple names. If you have the time and your insurance allows, do a visit with each one and pick the one you like best.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:06 AM

37 posts, read 209,605 times
Default Dr. in Coon Rapids

I had a rough time locating a doctor in private practice, I don't like the clinic atmosphere....you know...in the door/out the door 20 minutes flat....but I have been lucky enough to locate two doctors in private practice here in the Coon Rapids Area....Northern OB/GYN Associates. A very friendly, small practice that can provide personal care.

Dr. James Buss, MD
Dr. John Wust III, MD

763-427-8500

3875 Coon Rapids BLVD, NW
Coon Rapids, MN 554433-2518
WWW. Northernobgyn.com

Otherwise, Allina is all over the place....you can always go there, no problem...they have everything...but time and attention.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:52 AM

102 posts, read 467,971 times
Dr. Beadle ranked #1 in Minnesota I miss him...office is in Edina near the mall. Office is called if i remember is Minnesota Ob & gynecology

Old 06-18-2007, 09:54 AM

102 posts, read 467,971 times
Minnesota Gynecology and Surgery

Old 06-19-2007, 05:44 AM

6 posts, read 34,732 times
I was not sure which downtown you meant if it was st paul or minneapolis?
Either way it is harder to find a good obgyn in the city because of low Dr to patient ratio. The Nurse Practitioners are pretty much taking over that job lately . sorry I could go on and on about that since I work in the field. I would suggest that even if you stay in the city seek a Dr in the suburbs. Your wait will be a lot less. There is wonderful Nurse Practitioners in the city however whom tend to spend more face time with you and are willing to answer all your questions instead of a 5 min visit and run. Google search the city you live in currently and under the business section it should give you all the distances. Good luck!

Old 08-04-2007, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 7,347 times
Smile THE BEST OB in MINNESOTA!

I have had the same OB for about 6 years now-prior to that I had seen the same one for about 8 years.
I was looking ofr a woman OB as that was what I had and was used to, then I met Dr. Wust! And Loved him!

He is the best Doctor and goes above and beyond the normal.
He listens and cares, and is so good at what he does.
SMART!

If you want an OB that you can trust and have total confidence in than it is worth a drive no matter how far away you are!

He has his own private practice and I for one am glad that no matter what my stage of life that I know I can turn to him.

He has delivered both my children over the past 5 years and I would not have had it any other way! I see him for all my needs he is more than qualified for most general medical needs as well.

764-427-8500
DR. JOHN P. WUST

The name of his office is NORTHERN OB-GYN
Webiste is
Northern Ob/Gyn

You will so never want to see another doctor!

Old 08-04-2007, 10:56 AM

638 posts, read 3,123,148 times
lilmeows, I hope you mean Certified Nurse Midwives and not Nurse Practitioners.

I loved my OB/Gyn back when I was young; he was down in Edina and I would still see him even after I moved to a northern suburb. I wouldn't do that trip now-a-days, however.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 14,333 times
Default Update

Thanks for the tips! I had totally forgotten I posted this - we wound up in Coon Rapids and I did end up seeing Dr. Wust, without reading any of these (based on a couple rec's from some ladies I met).
He has been a great doctor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota