Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2014, 01:11 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Of course you made my case. What you called a 'rant against knowledge' was nothing of the sort. If you believe it was, you are the only one.

* Conversation over *
You can walk away, but you have done exactly what they accuse *you* of doing. Placing people in a box and then hating them. That is the only thing you did. You offer no counter, you offer no alternative. You just complain about "them" as being inferior because they think they are so superior. You dont even explain the authority by which you do so. You are the problem. You have no actual knowledge of what you rail against.

You just know how you feel. The problem is not "elite" colleges. The problem is people like you. You dont do anything but attack, and a feckless attack at that. While the other side acts. They take control, by sheer numbers ot the places you call out. They play to win, while you just insist you are right. The guy who plays to win probably will, no matter who is right.

Lets look at Harvard, something I know a little something about. It produces people on both sides. From the current president, to the last one. From the guy who just ran against the current president to darlings of the right such as Bill O'reilly, and the hardcore Tea Party types like Ted Cruz.

I would bet money, that you and I agree on most things and want similar things The difference between you and I is you would attack me because I actually understand what you hate. I have a top down view of the problem where you can only see it from where you stand. You are so sure of your belief, that you even assume to speak for everyone else.

"Elite" universities are not the problem. They are a battle ground that you dont have a clue about. People not fighting is the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 01:40 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
So you're saying that uneducated people are "better" than educated people? (version2.0)

Sometimes educated people are not wise.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post

This is the gospel truth. However, lack of wisdom afflicts all classes of people and if we are being fair, the statistics of results show that it is a curse found least among the educated.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:02 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
What have the less educated, yet wise, population done for Mississippi?

Old 09-08-2014, 10:55 AM

9 posts, read 13,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
LOL you've only been a member for like 2 days. Relax.

I have been a member with other names for years...on this thread, see mrbeluksee response to the brain dead Randy triads...that is moi.
The fact of the matter is, any conditions that exists in MS can be found anywhere...furthermore...no matter how/when/what/good/bad/or indifferent MS is/becomes would never matter...this country will always look to MS to be its whipping board.
How many car manufacturing plants, rocket space shuttle testing sites, warships, chemical and oil refineries will need to change MS economic future...I don't know....but it will never matter in the eyes of the rest of the country...because MS is THE state to criticize and critique, independent of the rest of the country. MS is the poorest state in the nation, but gives to charity more than any other state...that's pretty profound...but do we see anyone talking about that...or that MS was the first state to perform a heart and lung transplant, or has more literary giants than any other state...nobody mentions these?
Go to mississippibelieveit.com to find out more about how many wonderful things MS has/done, rather than constantly, insidiously, and over repetitively siting all of its ills...which, again, could be stated for every state in the union. Fact is...if you don't like MS and have nothing good to say about...than keep your stupid, ignorant mouth shut! Don't like MS, don't ever come to visit, don't look at it, don't talk about it, change the station, pretend it doesn't exit...but oh, yeah...make sure to still take its tax dollars and anything else that it gives to the better good of society.
I don't know why I even go on this site, you people are just plain dumb!

Last edited by 2HSVAR; 09-08-2014 at 11:09 AM..

Old 09-08-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HSVAR View Post
I have been a member with other names for years...on this thread, see mrbeluksee response to the brain dead Randy triads...that is moi.
The fact of the matter is, any conditions that exists in MS can be found anywhere...furthermore...no matter how/when/what/good/bad/or indifferent MS is/becomes would never matter...this country will always look to MS to be its whipping board.
How many car manufacturing plants, rocket space shuttle testing sites, warships, chemical and oil refineries will need to change MS economic future...I don't know....but it will never matter in the eyes of the rest of the country...because MS is THE state to criticize and critique, independent of the rest of the country. MS is the poorest state in the nation, but gives to charity more than any other state...that's pretty profound...but do we see anyone talking about that...or that MS was the first state to perform a heart and lung transplant, or has more literary giants than any other state...nobody mentions these?
Go to mississippibelieveit.com to find out more about how many wonderful things MS has/done, rather than constantly, insidiously, and over repetitively siting all of its ills...which, again, could be stated for every state in the union. Fact is...if you don't like MS and have nothing good to say about...than keep your stupid, ignorant mouth shut! Don't like MS, don't ever come to visit, don't look at it, don't talk about it, change the station, pretend it doesn't exit...but oh, yeah...make sure to still take its tax dollars and anything else that it gives to the better good of society.
Mississippi gives literally nothing to the nation of economic value. There's no industry outside of lumber. It receives more money from the Feds than it produces in tax dollars.
That's just the truth.

If it were to turn itself around, it wouldn't be that way. Mississippi was one of the wealthier states during slavery, but it's industry has left and "tradition" keeps the state stagnant.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HSVAR View Post

If you are going to call others dumb, it might be a good idea to get your claims correct. California gives the most to charity, which would be expected. Per Capita, Utah gives the most followed by Mississippi.

There are a lot of wonderful things about Mississippi. The problem is when you statistically compare it to other states, it often has less of those things. The "so do other States..." door swings in all directions.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Mississippi gives literally nothing to the nation of economic value. There's no industry outside of lumber. It receives more money from the Feds than it produces in tax dollars.
That's just the truth.

If it were to turn itself around, it wouldn't be that way. Mississippi was one of the wealthier states during slavery, but it's industry has left and "tradition" keeps the state stagnant.

Oddly enough, Poultry is actually a larger industry in Mississippi than Forestry.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:31 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
Quote:
That's just the truth.

Why is Louisiana so poor despite having so much oil? Instead of being one of the wealthiest states in the U.S., people like you have to resort to feeling superior by saying "Thank God for Mississippi"! You don't even represent most Louisianans. You have more in common with San Franciscans.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Why is Louisiana so poor despite having so much oil? Instead of being one of the wealthiest states in the U.S., people like you have to resort to feeling superior by saying "Thank God for Mississippi"! You don't even represent most Louisianans. You have more in common with San Franciscans.
Things like: Daily Comet: Oil revenue sharing bill introduced | Mary Landrieu | U.S. Senator for Louisiana

Oil and gas wouldn't make any state the wealthiest anyway so that's moot.

I have more in common with San Franciscans? Is it because I don't agree with giving oil and refining companies money when there making record profits from our own tax dollars? Perhaps is the fact that I agree with the BP settlement that entitles BP to actually be responsible for the damage they have caused in the pursuit of profit. Or that Texas Brine should pay dearly for the huge sinkhole, due to negligence, that has displaced many families in Assumption Parish. Go figure, I also disagree with deregulation, but you can't blame me, I like the natural condition of our waterways, swamps, and forests without things like fracking in St. Tammany Parish. We've had numerous explosions at Westlake, Williams and more plants in recent years, but of course that makes me a tree huggin' Obama kisser. Or is it because I don't like the policies that have failed our state and many other southern states?

But I guess this is where moral values comes in to save the day, right? LOL

Last edited by annie_himself; 09-08-2014 at 03:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi