Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:48 PM

213 posts, read 765,325 times

Advertisements

Anyone familiar with the Vancleave area close to Biloxi? Would appreciate any comments. I know that part of MS is hot and humid. Just curious about acceptance of newcomers, etc. If we buy, it would be out in the rural area around the town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 02:00 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
My son was in rehab down there this summer, at Home of Grace. It gets very hot there, we picked him up in July and the average temps was around 107!

The people seemed to be very nice, but I could not tell you much more than that as we were just visiting him.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:59 PM
DB3

55 posts, read 309,314 times
Igloo, if you're looking for rural then Vancleave is just the place. It's a very nice area, but homes are spread out. The population has really picked up in the last few years as people on the coast move inland to get away not only from the hurricane risk but also to just get away to a more peaceful place. I know they've had to build at least one new school because of the growth. I couldn't tell you about how accepting they are specifically in Vancleave, but generally Mississippians are very, very friendly people.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:02 AM

161 posts, read 418,205 times
Smile you will love vancleave

we have been here now almost 12 years and everyone is very nice.
it is pretty county and the bad part tho is that it is building up quickly..
we now have 2!! traffic lights....

Old 04-12-2008, 06:50 AM

1 posts, read 4,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesheba View Post
we have been here now almost 12 years and everyone is very nice.
it is pretty county and the bad part tho is that it is building up quickly..
we now have 2!! traffic lights....

Shhhhhh! For future reference don't tell people they will love Vancleave. Tell them that we still use out houses and running water in Vancleave is getting the kids to run down to the creek with a bucket.

I miss the days when I knew everyone I saw in H.P. s.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:35 AM

52 posts, read 215,645 times
When in Vancleave try The Shed for bar-b-que. It's goooood stuff!

Old 04-15-2008, 12:41 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
My brother in law picked up some BBQ's from there and raved about them to us. sigh. I didn't get the opportunity to try them, but will next time I get down that way.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:12 AM

161 posts, read 418,205 times
Smile come on down!!!!

i go by ther bar b que place allll the time so i guess ill have to finally have to stop by...
i also have heard really good things about the food also.
plus they have live music alot and will actually have great blues bands and bus people there...

Old 04-15-2008, 11:29 AM

52 posts, read 215,645 times
They did have open mic nights at one time. We've camped at the campground next to The Shed and loved it. Nice quiet place with a juke joint in the front. But they didn't play til late hours and it's nice to sit outside and listen to the bands.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,571 times
I moved to vancleave to be with my teenage sweet heart he's been here all his life it a country like setting not far from t he beaches.the school are great the people here are very nice everyone try's to help each other give a helping hand we have a few stores dollor store Fred's HP Davis grees and subway but not to far out from "town" or the beaches our kids play out side with no worry cause there always someone watching so if I was ask what was the best town in Mississippi it would vancleave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi