Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:36 AM

27 posts, read 66,166 times

Advertisements

definatley if he was a home builder he could divide and build a nice subdivision and really clean up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 02:19 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
He actually has one home almost completed so looks like he is on the right track. I know developers are snooping around here pretty good, but hope the locals know that some might try to fleece them with lower prices on their land. Many of our townies are elderly and I am afraid they might be easily persuaded to sell cheaper than they should. I don't want someone to take advantage of them!

We hope to build a new home in around 5 years, just to get out of town. Sigh. The road by us has become a nighmare with traffic.

I hope by the time we get ready to build, the economy on housing will have settled down and we get a decent price for our home and land.

I love where I live, and hate to have to move, but cannot take all the traffic and noise as our little town grows. I'm a country girl!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,866 times
It is with great interest that I read these comments.

Yes, it will bring jobs, but at what cost?

Crime will increase many-fold, already over 5,000 jobs lost in other Industries, Our Rural lifestyle is already now gone forever.

Land sales have doubled, even quadrupled in price, caused families to split up over "Family Homesteads" GREED is the Official unspoken language now..

Sadly, everyone was happier here in the 1940's-50's... When a man could walk into the Bank, get enough money to get his Family through the Spring and Summer, plant his crop... Nothing more than a handshake...

Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 AM

251 posts, read 1,066,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainsDesk View Post
It is with great interest that I read these comments.

Yes, it will bring jobs, but at what cost?

Crime will increase many-fold, already over 5,000 jobs lost in other Industries, Our Rural lifestyle is already now gone forever.
How can an increase in jobs cause crime to rise?

Quote:
Land sales have doubled, even quadrupled in price, caused families to split up over "Family Homesteads" GREED is the Official unspoken language now..
Don't blame a company like Toyota for these problems. Put the blame where it belongs, with those who wish to make an extra buck or two.

Quote:
Sadly, everyone was happier here in the 1940's-50's... When a man could walk into the Bank, get enough money to get his Family through the Spring and Summer, plant his crop... Nothing more than a handshake...
And the reason you can't do that anymore is because some people didn't bring the money back.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:49 AM

27 posts, read 66,166 times
Well you are going to have crime anywhere you go. Thats just a fact of life. When I was in the military I traveled to alot of places each one with crime and at the time none of them had a toyota plant. You need to look at it like this. Your getting very good company building a plant in your town, county,or state. That will employee thousands of people. And other jobs will come to support toyota and employee thousands of people. Each of these jobs pay very well and each one requires periodac suprise drug test and if you fail one you lose your job. People will relize this and most will not risk the happiness and well being of their families for it. So in a sense that will cut down on the crime rate. The people working these jobs by having someone else mow for them and do other landscaping. The might have their spouses open a little shop in town which might employee a couple people. Some of these people will donate to local charities and pay tie payments to their respected churches which both in return will help people that is less fortunate or just having a bad time which at some point everyone goes through. I guess my point is this. With all the money coming into the economy it should help reduce crime by giving everyone a chance to have stable employment. which will reduce the time they have to get in trouble. It isn't a cure for crime you will still have the same criminals you have always had. the ones that don't want to work just prey on other people but the upside to that is you will have a bigger police force to catch them.lol
anyway I hope you can decipher what I am trying to say and just enjoy this blessing you are about to recieve so that your family and friends can go to a bank and get a loan. chances are they will be a handshake involved it is just accompanied by alot of paper work.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:33 PM

36 posts, read 149,415 times
That area is really going to build up.

Congrats!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:40 PM

323 posts, read 1,159,895 times
Any body got a call to start training at Toyota?

Old 08-23-2008, 06:11 PM

98 posts, read 253,657 times
When will they hire for production? I already work for an automobile manufacturer. I'm in SC and looking for a new start. I was supposed to take a test for tool and die. The last date they had for the test I could not make. I have 8 years automotive assembly and supervision experience. Any thoughts toyotaemployeenky? Feel free to chime in on this. It appears you work for Toyota.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:28 PM

323 posts, read 1,159,895 times
Ellagrace I took the skilled labor tes in march and have heard nothing yet.Do you know that they stop the testing for skilled labor positions?

Old 08-25-2008, 01:48 AM

98 posts, read 253,657 times
I did not know that. Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for production jobs. Do you live in the Blue Springs area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi