Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 12:38 PM

82 posts, read 170,700 times

Advertisements

Okay local folks, I need some insight as to which school districts in the area are more or less desirable than another. We will be moving soon and need to know which schools are the best. From what I've gathered so far it looks like Saltillo/Guntown are the places to be. But who better to ask than the people that already live there. Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 03:02 PM

18 posts, read 32,078 times
As of last night. I am officially a Toyota Employee. Start Date May 9th

Old 03-23-2011, 03:10 PM

49 posts, read 75,764 times
I do not live in that area but an hour and a half to the south. But I will suggest that you go to the Mississippi State Department of Education site and look up each school's report. You should find the stats on how the school ranks, how students performed on state required tests, how they perform on national college entrance exams and percentages of level of training of faculty. Keep in mind that Toyota has committed $50 mil to the 8 school districts of Union, Ponotoc and Lee counties over the next 10 years. So significant enhancements should be forthcoming but that naturally depends on the decency of those put in charge of putting the money to the best uses.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:14 PM

49 posts, read 75,764 times
JCody As of last night. I am officially a Toyota Employee. Start Date May 9th[/quote]

Congratulations

Old 03-23-2011, 03:38 PM

82 posts, read 170,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh39759 View Post
I do not live in that area but an hour and a half to the south. But I will suggest that you go to the Mississippi State Department of Education site and look up each school's report. You should find the stats on how the school ranks, how students performed on state required tests, how they perform on national college entrance exams and percentages of level of training of faculty. Keep in mind that Toyota has committed $50 mil to the 8 school districts of Union, Ponotoc and Lee counties over the next 10 years. So significant enhancements should be forthcoming but that naturally depends on the decency of those put in charge of putting the money to the best uses.
I've done a bit of research there, not being all that familiar with districts and such I'm not really sure which city goes with which district and that sort of thing. However, I didn't know that Toyota had committed that amount for the schools so it looks like a win win situation for all. Thanks for the info!

Old 03-23-2011, 03:44 PM

21 posts, read 37,195 times
so ok, called this afternoon and asked if they were having trouble with lost apps or mix ups and the lady laughed and said they have not had any problems, just hundreds of apps and it was taking time to go thru them all. a little hope for the waiting folks like me !

Old 03-23-2011, 04:30 PM

31 posts, read 67,422 times
Still waiting since Day 2 December 7th, but still in the running...
Hubby was offered an interview for the Vuteq plant in New Albany, but it would be a hefty pay cut we couldn't handle, so he plans to decline...
Still hoping for Toyota to call, but saw something earlier that scares me somewhat...
Toyota tells U.S. plants 'prepare to shut down' - Mar. 23, 2011
Guess the thing to do is just keep waiting, have been applied since first week of September of last year.
Glad to have logged on and seen that MOST of the negativity has died down some.
Good luck

Old 03-23-2011, 06:27 PM

146 posts, read 245,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Faithful View Post
The weight wall consists of a set of 10lb weights and 25lb weights. The weights are in front of you numbered 78 for the 10lb and 87 for the 25lb. There is a peg board about 3-4 ft behind you labeled across A-E and down 1-5. The computer will prompt you to go and get 87 and place it on E-5, or go get 78 and place it on A-3. You are consistently going back and forth squating appropriately and or reaching to put these weights in the desired peg slot. Make sure you are going at a steady repetition. Make sure you are squating correctly there are cameras watching you to make sure you are practicing safety while doing all reps. It's the 2 hours that eventually gets you. Remember.....Mind over Matter.
Thank You for the heads up!!! Will they show us how to do it starting off?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:46 PM

26 posts, read 40,593 times
To All, So does this mean that Toyota is going to stop hiring people due the possible "shut down" because of part shortage in Japan. This is really crazy, that one county control everything that happens in the U.S. Toyota might not be a good company to work for when your looking for a stability.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:33 PM

222 posts, read 371,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTopic84 View Post
Thank You for the heads up!!! Will they show us how to do it starting off?
Absolutely.... you will put a set of headphones on before each session. It will give you complete instructions as well as a practice run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi