Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 07:26 PM

27 posts, read 41,921 times

Advertisements

Thanks hottopic 84 !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 07:38 PM

91 posts, read 203,876 times
Default False Alarm

Well... Y'all will never guess what happened to me today. I got a call from an UNKNOWN number (as in, cell phone caller ID said "Unknown" instead of showing a number, meaning they withheld the number on the other end from being transmitted over the line) and it was HireRight. The Rep said, "Hi, this is Susan from HireRight." and I about jumped 6 feet in the air. After all these months, that's about the reaction you'll see from me if I get called. She asked me to give her my last 4 of SSN and my birthday... then she went on to inform me that...

"The copy of your background check you requested will be processed and you will receive it within 10 business days."

I had completely forgotten that when somebody mentioned you could request the check that I had gone and filled in my request. At first I thought I was making progress in the hiring process! Oh well... Still hanging in there. At least they are sending me a copy... perhaps that means that they have something to send, right? That's better than hearing "we have nothing to send," IMO.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTopic84 View Post
You can go to the WIN Job center and they will help you to build a resume. It's hard to explain where to go or how to begin building one...My school helped me with mine. Good Luck
Usually, at least in major metro areas, there are places of business that do this for people for a fee. Otherwise, perhaps you have a family member that is up-to-date with how to write a good resume - maybe a high school student or graduate had recent training on writing them in their Computer Skills (etc.) class. If you are proficient with Microsoft Word, it wouldn't be terribly hard to come up with one - ya just gotta know what to put on it.

But I agree with HotTopic84 too - the WIN Job Center can help you with that, or if you are in college (or recent alumni) perhaps Career Services department can help you out. I know my college does that kind of thing too.

If you want to try tackling it yourself and need an example, IM me on here and I'll send you one. There are a few different ways to lay out a resume and mine is just one of them, but maybe it will help you out.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:05 PM

146 posts, read 245,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey38654 View Post
Well... Y'all will never guess what happened to me today. I got a call from an UNKNOWN number (as in, cell phone caller ID said "Unknown" instead of showing a number, meaning they withheld the number on the other end from being transmitted over the line) and it was HireRight. The Rep said, "Hi, this is Susan from HireRight." and I about jumped 6 feet in the air. After all these months, that's about the reaction you'll see from me if I get called. She asked me to give her my last 4 of SSN and my birthday... then she went on to inform me that...

"The copy of your background check you requested will be processed and you will receive it within 10 business days."

I had completely forgotten that when somebody mentioned you could request the check that I had gone and filled in my request. At first I thought I was making progress in the hiring process! Oh well... Still hanging in there. At least they are sending me a copy... perhaps that means that they have something to send, right? That's better than hearing "we have nothing to send," IMO.
You know what??? That is the exact same thing that happened to me today! I was all excited, then I remembered the background information that I requested. LOL.....We are still in the same boat!! But it was an adrenaline rush for that moment. LOL

Old 05-20-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspass67 View Post
Thanks hottopic 84 !!!!
Your welcome!

Old 05-21-2011, 06:32 AM

27 posts, read 41,921 times
i found someone to help me out but your info was very help !!! thanks

Old 05-21-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTopic84 View Post
You know what??? That is the exact same thing that happened to me today! I was all excited, then I remembered the background information that I requested. LOL.....We are still in the same boat!! But it was an adrenaline rush for that moment. LOL
It sure was!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspass67 View Post
i found someone to help me out but your info was very help !!! thanks
No problem MSPass67

Old 05-21-2011, 10:10 AM

81 posts, read 147,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey38654 View Post
It sure was!!

No problem MSPass67
When was your interview ?

Old 05-21-2011, 11:47 AM

18 posts, read 34,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottopic84 View Post
if anyone is looking for apartments, i found a number that has 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms in the tupelo area. It is called gum tree properties....i don't know how much they rent for, but the number is 662-842-4884
thanks! I still looking becauce the prices of a hotel is killing me!!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talady View Post
thanks! I still looking becauce the prices of a hotel is killing me!!!!!!!
Your welcome! I can imagine it is...When I didn't have a place to live, I was having to rent a hotel every week and I have 3 kids I had to haul around with me...Now I'm in low income apartments and I'm really hoping to get a call very soon to start working with Toyota. I work in a school and now I am out for the summer which means no pay and I gotta find something real quick! Good Luck to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi