Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 10:39 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,011,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfried View Post
tswra
Does this mean that me and Ms. Scarlett can't hang out on the plantation front porch and marvel at all the propertah?

It's funny when the southern states finally ranks favorably in a poll it's "Ignorance is Bliss", not "Ok, we admit it, you redneck southroners are happier than us!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,628,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORPHEUS311 View Post
I can't help but find it ironic that many of these "happiest" states are in the south. As I personally consider bible belt folks happier, there is also a suprising amount of violence in the south.

It's like... we are happy but will still shoot you.
I know the PC police will bash me, but the violence in the south is mostly confined to very poor and heavily black areas, it's not everywhere. That would be like judging the entire midwest on what you see on the south side of Chicago, it's just not realistic.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:17 AM

767 posts, read 2,292,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csadet View Post
Happy...?
Perhaps, now that the "cotton kingdom" has fallen into the soil where the blood, sweat and tears of the cotton pickers still dwell...Yes, I think I can hear the happy sounds of Mississippi, or was that a moan?
The Mississippi bashers just don't cut Mississippi any slack. I do believe they lie awake at night planning the next bash.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:28 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,011,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarley View Post
The Mississippi bashers just don't cut Mississippi any slack. I do believe they lie awake at night planning the next bash.
I know really, I'm just glad I wasn't suckered by their ways of thinking, MS may be my home one day.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:21 PM

5 posts, read 8,551 times
born in greenville, moved to starkville now in columbus. southerners PRETEND to like you so they put on a smile desperately holding on to the idea that southern states are the hospitality states. give me a break! too much old money around here to move forward. lets add in straight up racism right below the surface. mississippians have something up the you know what and refuse to pull it out. we're slowly killing ourselves and we won't admit it. can't wait to leave.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:43 PM

767 posts, read 2,292,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by din-da-do View Post
born in greenville, moved to starkville now in columbus. can't wait to leave.
Delta is ready when you are.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:30 PM

235 posts, read 774,452 times
can't wait to leave.[/quote]

Saybye,Its time to go!!We're moving as so possible!!

Old 12-22-2009, 07:24 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,117,408 times
I have a question, if people hate living in MS so much then why join CD to bash it at every opportunity? (You know who you are)

Just seems a bit sad that every time I am on here there is always something negative, it gets old.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:05 AM

809 posts, read 1,862,420 times
Ok let's be honest here people, Mississippi it NOT happy be no stretch of the imagination. and Those that think so are in a delusional state of mind. Now, I love Mississippi, I was born and raised in Jackson and I can't say I was ever "happy" about how I lived in Mississippi with all the ignorance and racism, but I was "happy" that I was at least alive.
but that's all some people in Mississippi want... ...nothing...and that makes them "happy" ..
not me. I need more than that.

I think people who bash Mississippi are validated in their bashing and it's actually the people of Mississippi that need to realize that "Mississippi, WE HAVE A PROBLEM" ...and get to the business of fixing it so you won't feel ashamed and slighted when somebody throws a hurtful remark at our state. it just shows that they are right when you get all mad about people bashing Mississippi.

Truth Hurts.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:07 AM

809 posts, read 1,862,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
I have a question, if people hate living in MS so much then why join CD to bash it at every opportunity? (You know who you are)

Just seems a bit sad that every time I am on here there is always something negative, it gets old.
Maybe they want change in a place that's buried is the same "old" ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi