Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:12 PM

36 posts, read 92,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jypsy_rose_lee View Post
Thank you de jammer. I'm hoping I can make something good out of a bad situation. Where abouts in Springfeild do you live? My husbands family lives in Republic.
Oooops da jammer sorry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 10:16 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,464 times
Quote:
Thank you de jammer. I'm hoping I can make something good out of a bad situation. Where abouts in Springfeild do you live? My husbands family lives in Republic.
we are south of Springfield...well south of Nixa out in the country. Republic is a pretty nice little town, how is it you didn't slide into some place around that neck of the woods?

Old 07-23-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
we are south of Springfield...well south of Nixa out in the country. Republic is a pretty nice little town, how is it you didn't slide into some place around that neck of the woods?
Well, I didn't think we could survive and pay what was needed for rent there. Now I'm thinking that, we could have most likely managed with both of us working. I'm also thinking that the pay is actually better then what it is here. I have worked in motels, and nursing homes as a CNA and CMA. Here I get paid $6.75 for a housekeeping job from what I'v heard they pay better then that there. We use to always go to Branson every summer, but not this summer. We couldn't afford to!

Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Well, I didn't think we could survive and pay what was needed for rent there. Now I'm thinking that, we could have most likely managed with both of us working. I'm also thinking that the pay is actually better then what it is here. I have worked in motels, and nursing homes as a CNA and CMA. Here I get paid $6.75 for a housekeeping job from what I'v heard they pay better then that there. We use to always go to Branson every summer, but not this summer. We couldn't afford to!
well there are a bunch of very nice and helpful people here in the MO forum so I hope you folks stop in whenever you have a question or need a hand with something. I am a fairly recent arrival to the great state of MO and everyone has been a fabulous source of terrific info around here!

Old 07-25-2007, 07:34 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,962 times
Thumbs up GREAT People!!!

Quote:
well there are a bunch of very nice and helpful people here in the MO forum so I hope you folks stop in whenever you have a question or need a hand with something. I am a fairly recent arrival to the great state of MO and everyone has been a fabulous source of terrific info around here!
Da Jammer is the man and HE is absolutely right about this thread. We have so many great people in here that wants to help and very helpful. So thanks to all the people for your hard work and caring about other people too.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Da Jammer is the man and HE is absolutely right about this thread. We have so many great people in here that wants to help and very helpful. So thanks to all the people for your hard work and caring about other people too.
You got that right! Hey Da Jammer I actually quit that lousy job! I found out the tips that people have been leaving in the rooms for us housekeepers have been going in the owners pocket! I had a man come to me this morning, and tell me he left a $5.00 bill on the nightstand. I told him thanks, and he said not a problem the room was very clean. Well I had to wait until the owner who is also superviser check the room to make sure he took all his things, and the room was okay. I went in there, and my tip was gone!!!! She was the only one in there. I know because I was working in the room right next to it. She was the only other person with a key! All us housekeepers had our suspisions about her because we weren't getting any tips. Well, I confronted them and told them what I thought of them and walked out, but not alone another gal went with me whom they depended on!We worked hard to clean those rooms! We were what kept that bussiness going! Alot of times the rooms would be left in horrible shape. Well, I feel tons better! Now I can start looking for a job where my hard work, and dependability is appreciated. Hopefully something that pays better! Like I said, I really would like to save up some money, and be able to move down south by next summer. I love Springfeild! There is always something to do for entertainment there! I love Sprimgfeilds Bass Pro Shop there is something for everyone there. We went to downtown Branson last summer, and the changes down there are really something to see with the water fountain shows, and the new stores! The mountains fresh air smells so heavenly at night! I love it down there!

Old 07-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
You got that right! Hey Da Jammer I actually quit that lousy job! I found out the tips that people have been leaving in the rooms for us housekeepers have been going in the owners pocket! I had a man come to me this morning, and tell me he left a $5.00 bill on the nightstand. I told him thanks, and he said not a problem the room was very clean. Well I had to wait until the owner who is also superviser check the room to make sure he took all his things, and the room was okay. I went in there, and my tip was gone!!!! She was the only one in there. I know because I was working in the room right next to it. She was the only other person with a key! All us housekeepers had our suspisions about her because we weren't getting any tips. Well, I confronted them and told them what I thought of them and walked out, but not alone another gal went with me whom they depended on!We worked hard to clean those rooms! We were what kept that bussiness going! Alot of times the rooms would be left in horrible shape. Well, I feel tons better! Now I can start looking for a job where my hard work, and dependability is appreciated. Hopefully something that pays better! night!...<snip>
well doesn't that stink! Swiping your tip money?? How low can one go? Well I sure hope you can upgrade the quality of your employer asap!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:03 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,247,018 times
My first high school job was working for an Indian-run Duncan Donuts. I was forced to turn in half my tips at the end of the day to the owners. This was not to distribute among the other counter workers, and I was the only counter worker on the shift. I started *pocketing* my own tips. Ridiculous! It's hard enough to find employees with a good work ethic, let alone selfish management that drives them away.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
well doesn't that stink! Swiping your tip money?? How low can one go? Well I sure hope you can upgrade the quality of your employer asap!
I don't know what more I can do about it! I left there letting them know that they were liars and stoled from us! I guess I can spread the word around, and let people who are planning on staying in motels to not leave the tips in the room because of this. If they want to leave a tip, find the nearest housekeeper and ask them who cleaned the room the day before they checked in, and give the tip to them personally! I'm not saying that this happens at every motel, but I know it happened at the one where I worked.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
My first high school job was working for an Indian-run Duncan Donuts. I was forced to turn in half my tips at the end of the day to the owners. This was not to distribute among the other counter workers, and I was the only counter worker on the shift. I started *pocketing* my own tips. Ridiculous! It's hard enough to find employees with a good work ethic, let alone selfish management that drives them away.
Well, I will never work for an Indian from India again. They may not all be this way, but I'm not taking any chances! I have excellent references, I'm dependable and show up for work everyday! These people brought me down! They will resort to just about anything even lieing to keep their help from getting a raise too! It's just unbelievable what they will go to! Chances are she probly made about a thousand dollars in one year off our tips. We are the ones who cleaned those rooms, and we are the ones who they count on to keep their bussiness going! To do this to us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri