Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 03:25 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I missed nothing. I can read and comprehend quite well so there's nothing sad about it. However, it was an unfortunate incident and could have been handled much better. However, not something to try to sensationalize which appears to be your primary goal along with handing out questionable legal pronouncements.

As a matter of fact, the laws I helped put in place were in your state since you're from the Inland Empire. That kind of begs the question as to why you even bother with Missouri. It wouldn't be a stretch to think you look high and low for something, anything, to get riled up about. As I said before, it's a sad little life!
Again I will state that you do not under stand what the op stated by your response , additionally you state that I reside in the Inland Empire? again a wrong statement. As to why I bother with Missouri? because I just purchased 87 acres for my daughter there and the girl that I wrote about is in fact my grand daughter, also unlike most people in the country I do demand my constitutional be rights be respected especially from people who write laws that abuse them .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 04:50 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Again I will state that you do not under stand what the op stated by your response , additionally you state that I reside in the Inland Empire? again a wrong statement. As to why I bother with Missouri? because I just purchased 87 acres for my daughter there and the girl that I wrote about is in fact my grand daughter, also unlike most people in the country I do demand my constitutional be rights be respected especially from people who write laws that abuse them .
Then change/update your profile. While you're at it, get rid of your litigious attitude and the mistaken assumption that all the laws are written to misuse and abuse the people.

But as they say, just becauser you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you, right?

Old 11-11-2012, 07:34 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,563,138 times
The only place I can find this reported is on the Rolla forum at [domain blocked due to spam].com, a notoriously unreliable source of information. People commonly make stuff up and post it there just to stir sX@t in the Rolla community. I put no credence in the [domain blocked due to spam].com post or in the city-data post above. I'll check into this Monday and see what I can find out. I appreciate those posters who say there's got to be more to the story than what the OP says.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
I have never heard of the bus drivers being owner/operators of their own bus (though that's still pretty tangential to this story anyway) Anyone have more information about that? Just curious.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I have never heard of the bus drivers being owner/operators of their own bus (though that's still pretty tangential to this story anyway) Anyone have more information about that? Just curious.
Just an update! The bus driver doesn't own the bus , it belongs to a company who contracts for that service. The bus driver admits that some boys on the bus saw the girls signing , and thought to be funny they would start their own singing style, but failed to do it quietly as the girls were doing so the un trained in these situations bus driver just reacted and threatened the girls rather then address the real problem, the boys causing the disruptions. Meetings are in the process with all concerned to resolve the issue of the bus drivers threats against the girls. To be continued.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,750 times
Did you say, meetings? Shouldn't there already be an over-hyped and sensationalized lawsuit in the works? Surely someone must be willing to ignore all lesser means to an amicable resolution, and jump straight to litigation in our increasingly overburdened legal system. THIS IS AN ABOMINATION!!!

Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
The only place I can find this reported is on the Rolla forum at [domain blocked due to spam].com, a notoriously unreliable source of information. People commonly make stuff up and post it there just to stir sX@t in the Rolla community. I put no credence in the [domain blocked due to spam].com post or in the city-data post above. I'll check into this Monday and see what I can find out. I appreciate those posters who say there's got to be more to the story than what the OP says.
Well It's been several Monday's and no up date by ozarksboy so I thought I would update everyone , Yes there was a threat made of a law suit ( The only way to be allowed to se the actual video of the event ) the video was viewed by those involved and as was stated by the OP the girls were not the ones who created or did disturb the driver , it was as stated in the OP the problem was started by the boy sand no the girls as was accused did not flash any type of obscene juster as was stated in other post . End of the story the girls and their parents were giving and apology and told the girls were in no way doing anything wrong and should continue to practice their sign language to which they do daily without and disturbances on the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri