Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 12:52 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times

Advertisements

Does the problem seem to be that they're manufacturing it in MO (because it's easier to hide the labs) and sending it elsewhere, or is there a big problem with usage and kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 01:04 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Does the problem seem to be that they're manufacturing it in MO (because it's easier to hide the labs) and sending it elsewhere, or is there a big problem with usage and kids?
http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSH...bIncidents.pdf

I haven't been able to locate any statistics of youth usage in Missouri yet.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:24 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Thanks--ever since this came up on another thread I've been wondering.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:42 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,405,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I know a bunch of kids that use or have used.Meth Mouth is not that hard to spot.

brushrunner

Old 09-06-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
I know a bunch of kids that use or have used.Meth Mouth is not that hard to spot.

brushrunner
Ok, I hadn't heard that term but I've seen it and just thought people had really disgusting dental habits. Interesting.

Warning: do not click on dental photos linked below unless you have a strong stomach.

ADA: American Dental Association - Meth Mouth

http://www.mappsd.org/Meth%20Mouth%2...%20Gallery.htm

Old 09-07-2010, 08:29 AM

4 posts, read 5,089 times
I know at one time Marion county Missouri was the number 1 meth producing county in Missouri. So yeah its a problem, but they have cleaned up that area allot.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:25 PM

543 posts, read 2,310,195 times
Our neighborhood has been trying to get a lab shut down for 10 years. They haul the guy in, his mom bails him out and lets him keep living there. He is 38 years old, never held a job, his mom does everything for him. She works nights at a hospital lab, and the traffic overnight is too much for a quiet residential area. We (the neighborhood) notice everything, call the police but nothing gets done. Feds have busted the house twice. I will not let my grandson catch the bus in front of my home anymore due to the drug traffic. He has had to become a latch key kid. DD and I felt it was safer for him to catch the bus by their house and stay by himself for an hour every afternoon, than to risk something happening to him in my neighborhood. He is 13 and very responsible. I am 5 minutes away from their home in case of emergency.

We feel the police are protecting this cooker/dealer . From what we understand with our last meeting with Jackson County Combat, there is nothing more they can help us with, it is up to the Raytown PD. So I doubt if anything will ever get done about the problem with them in charge. And yes, I think Meth is a problem all over Missouri. For some people it is a way of life.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMo View Post
Our neighborhood has been trying to get a lab shut down for 10 years. They haul the guy in, his mom bails him out and lets him keep living there. He is 38 years old, never held a job, his mom does everything for him. She works nights at a hospital lab, and the traffic overnight is too much for a quiet residential area. We (the neighborhood) notice everything, call the police but nothing gets done. Feds have busted the house twice. I will not let my grandson catch the bus in front of my home anymore due to the drug traffic. He has had to become a latch key kid. DD and I felt it was safer for him to catch the bus by their house and stay by himself for an hour every afternoon, than to risk something happening to him in my neighborhood. He is 13 and very responsible. I am 5 minutes away from their home in case of emergency.

We feel the police are protecting this cooker/dealer . From what we understand with our last meeting with Jackson County Combat, there is nothing more they can help us with, it is up to the Raytown PD. So I doubt if anything will ever get done about the problem with them in charge. And yes, I think Meth is a problem all over Missouri. For some people it is a way of life.
What does the Mayor of Raytown say about it? Has the citizenry gotten in his face enough to force the issue? A call to the newspaper or TV news with a special interest story might put the pressure on them.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:03 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,517,147 times
What is often ignored are the environmental issues that the meth operations end up causing. For many buildings it is so bad that the building has to be demolished due to all the toxic chemicals that are everywhere. I wouldn't be suprised if this is one of the biggest environmental issues in the state, especially for rural areas.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:24 PM

543 posts, read 2,310,195 times
We are going to a council meeting. Actually when we met with the police and COMBAT they got very upset when some from our neighborhood got irate over some things that were said. My one neighbor says he carries a gun when he mows his lawn. Police got very upset when they heard that. My neighbor's answer was, you won't protect me so I have to do it myself . I don't even go out on my back deck at night without the dog.We all feel like we are fighting a losing battle. Not only is the cooker/dealer protected by his mother but also by the police. First bust by the feds 5 years ago, the house had a sign claiming it was uninhabitable. His mother rips the signs off the doors and windows and told all of us it wasn't him in all the trouble, it was her daughter's boyfriend. We all laughed in her face, told her, if she didn't have to work nights, she would see what was going on. One neighbor has videotaped "deals" going on in his backyard, but Combat and the police aren't interested in seeing it. We want to sell and move on, but nothing in this area is selling right now, so we are stuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri