Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 01:37 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,687,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegoalstl View Post
Most places I've ate at ask you which you want.

regular tea quinches my thirst more, but doesn't taste good enough to drink it a lot. I prefer sweat tea. QTs sweat tea is too sweat though.
Such as?

Chain stores don't count since they don't reflect a local culture (usually)

Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM

543 posts, read 855,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Of course I spoke with them, nothing like this has EVER happened in Ste Gen before.
I wanted to know what the hell was going on.
As far as what they were doing there, try reading the links to the newspaper story I put up, please?
That strange. The Klan used to even have a presence in St. Louis in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s. My dad said he had a uncle whos bar in stl was tourched by stl klan members hence why he hates them.

I thought some Klan groups are big on recruiting people with German heritage because some are aligning with the NEO Nazi movement.

David Duke reformed the Klan though and cleaned it up and transformed it from being offensive and violent group.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
Such as?

Chain stores don't count since they don't reflect a local culture (usually)
I dont know all the places, but even a couple of mom and pop italian places even give you the option.

Most everyone I know and work with drinks sweat tea, and not regular tea. Same at school I rarely see anyone drink plain tea. Always sweat tea or somekind of flavored.

Could be people are becoming addicted to sweat tasting stuff. Hence why people are getting fatter.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:46 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
That strange. The Klan used to even have a presence in St. Louis in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s. My dad said he had a uncle whos bar in stl was tourched by stl klan members hence why he hates them.

I thought some Klan groups are big on recruiting people with German heritage because some are aligning with the NEO Nazi movement.

David Duke reformed the Klan though and cleaned it up and transformed it from being offensive and violent group.
Good Lord, read your history.
Germans were anti-slavery, can you connect the dots from there?
Your post simply reeks of ignorance, and not just about the city you claim you live in, but the whole state of Missouri as well.
As one of German heritage, I am so offended by your post I cant even say any more about it.
Stop it.

Last edited by kshe95girl; 08-24-2011 at 02:53 PM..

Old 08-24-2011, 02:48 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,750,006 times
Quote:
I dont know all the places, but even a couple of mom and pop italian places even give you the option.

Most everyone I know and work with drinks sweat tea, and not regular tea. Same at school I rarely see anyone drink plain tea. Always sweat tea or somekind of flavored.

Could be people are becoming addicted to sweat tasting stuff. Hence why people are getting fatter.
My friend got sweet tea at McAlister's in Clayton. She said it didnt taste as good, but I think that was the first time I'd seen sweet tea in St. Louis.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:55 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
My friend got sweet tea at McAlister's in Clayton. She said it didnt taste as good, but I think that was the first time I'd seen sweet tea in St. Louis.
McAlisters was founded in Oxford, MS, and is a chain.
Nuff said?

Old 08-24-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
IM not huge on theirs. I like Steak and Shakes better.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:20 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Quote:
Most places I've ate at ask you which you want.

regular tea quinches my thirst more, but doesn't taste good enough to drink it a lot. I prefer sweat tea. QTs sweat tea is too sweat though.

aaahhh yes ... i forgot that QT and U-Gas offer it .... probably motomart and road ranger, too ... but i didn't think we were talking about convenience stores.... thought we were talking about restaurants.....

Quote:

sorry ... they are STILL and always will be HIGHLY offensive in my book....

Old 08-24-2011, 05:17 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,687,896 times
How bout them Cardinals....

Old 08-24-2011, 05:58 PM

26,418 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Southern in terms of climate for sure. Becoming more southern leaning politically as well, particularly outside urban centers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri