Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2020, 01:46 PM

203 posts, read 194,485 times

Advertisements

Construction has been going on for the past couple weeks on the poboy shop in the old Boo Radley's building. Heard they want to have it open by Thanksgiving since Brickyard, their sister bar, is having their 10 year anniversary at Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 09:36 AM

651 posts, read 480,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Am I the only one that miss the vibrancy of pre covid downtown Mobile ?

Downtown Mobile is a vibe all by it self alone.
Plenty of people still going to bars. Mobile is like; "what virus?"

Old 09-12-2020, 07:17 PM

5,013 posts, read 9,223,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
Plenty of people still going to bars. Mobile is like; "what virus?"
Yes ! We did family stroll this evening and downtown felt like pre covid downtown Mobile again.It was good to see downtown vibrant with an electic crowd again.

Old 09-13-2020, 12:12 PM

203 posts, read 194,485 times
someone purchased the building at 362 Dauphin and is planning on putting a restaurant on the first floor. Maybe that's where that stickyrice restaurant is going

Old 09-14-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshore78 View Post
someone purchased the building at 362 Dauphin and is planning on putting a restaurant on the first floor. Maybe that's where that stickyrice restaurant is going
Good news !

Old 09-14-2020, 08:47 AM

This is a horrible idea for downtown.----> https://www.al.com/news/mobile/2020/...t-evolves.html

Why not a shopping arcade?

Old 09-16-2020, 07:25 AM

Hmmm

https://www.thegatewaymobile.com/?ut...&utm_knock=fbp

Old 09-17-2020, 10:39 AM

313 posts, read 252,239 times
Quote:
Those are nice. The resurgence Of Downtown residential commendations are super exciting. I think once a Nice size grocery Store that’s within a reasonable walking distance within dt ( not like greers at the corner of broad and government which is dt but it’s in the corner of dt or Winn Dixie at Catherine) will be a catalyst for further development. The restaurants are there, Broad st is coming along quite well. And the whole bishop state development is really nice. I think there should be a mixture of residential redevelopment projects and new residential development projects. Such as these; https://www.emporis.com/buildings/22...-mobile-al-usa

Old 09-17-2020, 10:50 AM

313 posts, read 252,239 times
Quote:
Merchants tower is super nice from the pics. They still have the old times vault in there which pretty darn cool; I think it’ll be like a small cafe’. I’m digging the selections of places to stay

Old 09-19-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
Those are nice. The resurgence Of Downtown residential commendations are super exciting. I think once a Nice size grocery Store that’s within a reasonable walking distance within dt ( not like greers at the corner of broad and government which is dt but it’s in the corner of dt or Winn Dixie at Catherine) will be a catalyst for further development. The restaurants are there, Broad st is coming along quite well. And the whole bishop state development is really nice. I think there should be a mixture of residential redevelopment projects and new residential development projects. Such as these; https://www.emporis.com/buildings/22...-mobile-al-usa
That would have been perfect but it would've taken away more downtown water front. The 300 ft height would be perfect north or west downtown.More so west imo
Because it would add density on the west end of downtown.The developer was from Mobile and when the developer died so did the project.

Greers is building an " upscale: grocery on St. Luis with a glass atrium.So that means that the Gov/broad location may close smh.I know Greers is local but I Aldi,Rouses,or Publix would have been perfect.

https://www.al.com/news/mobile/2019/...or-mobile.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area