Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2020, 04:21 PM

313 posts, read 252,312 times

Advertisements

Hip hip hooray to Alabama’s first international attraction coming to fruition. I remember being in high school and taking the boat out to the delta many of times and probably passed by the clotilde 100s of times.
https://lagniappemobile.com/a-look-i...ng-attraction/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 05:38 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,225,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
Are any of you on Jim Ziegler’s block the tolls fb page? He’s been getting people riled up lately lol. Do you think the BP oil spill money was used to build Birmingham’s bridge and used in other places around the state? Do you think Mobile will ever get this dang bridge?
To answer your question.I have about a 0.03 % doubt that it wasn't.I'm pretty much sure that BP money was used.

Old 12-17-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Hip hip hooray to Alabama’s first international attraction coming to fruition. I remember being in high school and taking the boat out to the delta many of times and probably passed by the clotilde 100s of times.
https://lagniappemobile.com/a-look-i...ng-attraction/
Man this city is so rich with history and culture. I also think that the city should capitalize more on its Creole roots. This projects has to be done right ! When you are in Africa Town it should feel like you are in another country or continent.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:45 AM

313 posts, read 252,312 times
Just wondering bc you hear that a lot down here. It’s hard to believe the state of Alabama would do something like that but hey who knows lol. .

Bingo! Dude you’re so right about that. I dated a woman about 4 years ago that went to a church in africatown so I ended up attending service a few times. The pastor there had been taking trips back and forth from here to benin back then but my memory of what he was explaining is kinda vague now. I do know the connection between them has been there for a long time. I’d like to see something like dantokpa market included in the mix. It’s funny that you say that about creole roots bc Benin’s official language is French.

Old 01-07-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Just wondering bc you hear that a lot down here. It’s hard to believe the state of Alabama would do something like that but hey who knows lol. .

Bingo! Dude you’re so right about that. I dated a woman about 4 years ago that went to a church in africatown so I ended up attending service a few times. The pastor there had been taking trips back and forth from here to benin back then but my memory of what he was explaining is kinda vague now. I do know the connection between them has been there for a long time. I’d like to see something like dantokpa market included in the mix. It’s funny that you say that about creole roots bc Benin’s official language is French.
Wow I didn't know that. So they may have spoken French and Benin.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:27 PM

Source: Bienville Bites Food Tour

Sticks and Stacks - Sticks and Stacks is newly opened and located at HopHounds Brew Pub and Dog Park. HopHounds opened last year as BrewHounds at 806 Monroe Street and has seen tremendous success in their first year in Downtown Mobile. Sticks and Stacks is open weekly, Friday – Sunday serving gourmet hot dogs, cheeseburgers along with other unique menu items like a Boudin corn dog and hot chicken sandwich. Look for more menu items to come in.

Knuckle Bones Company- A new place to eat, drink and relax is coming to downtown Mobile this summer. Knuckle Bones Co. is slated to open at 202 Government St. across from Government Plaza. Drinks from locally roasted espresso beans and homemade pastries during the day to craft cocktails and charcuterie small plates in the evening. Also, through an iron and glass interior wall separates an in-house traditional barber shop called Beard & Blade. This modern lounge will enfuse much needed new vibes to downtown Mobile with their dark, moody, eclectic interiors. It should be a welcoming place to relax.

Old Mobile Nutrition - The newest nutrition store in Mobile, Ole Mobile Nutrition is set to open downtown in early 2021 at 200 St. Joseph Street across from the Federal Courthouse. They specialize in their popular flavored smoothies and juices, plus meal replacement shakes, juices and energy teas.

Southern Traditional Distillery - is set to open early this year in Downtown Mobile. Their location should be announced soon to where you’ll be able to enjoy their south Alabama inspired spirits.

Nova Expresso will carry Breakfast items now.

Go Puff - GoPuff Mobile is coming soon to the Downtown Mobile area. GoPuff is a food, snack, grocery and drink delivery service. Their local facility is coming downtown next to Spot of Tea. Their delivery drivers will ship your products directly to your home any time of day or night in minutes for a small fee.

Green's Deli and Bakery - GoPuff Mobile is coming soon to the Downtown Mobile area. GoPuff is a food, snack, grocery and drink delivery service. Their local facility is coming downtown next to Spot of Tea. Their delivery drivers will ship your products directly to your home any time of day or night in minutes for a small fee.

Rumors :

A rooftop bar may be coming to Downtown Mobile. The Merchants Bank building located at St. Joseph and St. Francis Street is currently being remodeled for residential/commercial use.

Rumors of a new food hall may be in the works for Downtown Mobile. The former location of the Moon Pie General Store inside the RSA Trustmark Building has been talked about for this potential project.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:04 PM

203 posts, read 194,798 times
goPuff is already up and going.. I already hit it a couple times this week. since the cat is out of the bag the new restaurant at the old Boo Radley's is called Debris. I got a sneak peek of the bar the other day and it's a really nice build. It's going to be a very fun spot downtown. there were no shortcuts on that build.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshore78 View Post
goPuff is already up and going.. I already hit it a couple times this week. since the cat is out of the bag the new restaurant at the old Boo Radley's is called Debris. I got a sneak peek of the bar the other day and it's a really nice build. It's going to be a very fun spot downtown. there were no shortcuts on that build.

That's the new Po Boy spot ?

Old 01-08-2021, 01:53 PM

203 posts, read 194,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
That's the new Po Boy spot ?
Yeah, Debris is going to be a Poy Boy restaurant. It's going to be set up similar to Heroes with a bar and 7 or 8 hightops down the wall. It'll have some outside seating. The bar actually goes all the way down to the last double doors so they can open the doors and either put barstools on the side walk or use it for to-go food/drinks without having to come inside

Old 01-09-2021, 05:11 AM

139 posts, read 216,125 times
Does anyone know what's going on with the building with the building a few doors down from Squid Ink? I apologize for not having the address but it looks like it could have been a dept store in the past. Saw some construction going on there yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area