Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 07:30 AM

427 posts, read 387,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
We just spent a couple of days in Mobile on our vacation and stumbled upon MoBay Beignet. Holy moly! They were incredibly good. Wonderful space and great location from which to start a little walk. You are fortunate to have it. Sidewalk tables make it feel Covid safe.

We also spotted Bob’s Downtown Restaurant for a timely, outdoor, Sunday brunch. It had a great local feel and good shrimp and grits—homestyle, not fancy fussy. AA+

A friend took us to Callahans, which also had plenty of outdoor seating. The servers wore masks, tables were well-spaced, I loved their chips with French onion dip.

Serda’s coffee also had plenty of sidewalk seating and nice inside servers. Their frozen latte and matcha drinks are perfect for hot weather. It was a great place to people watch and admire the architecture.

Last, we went way west to pick up a family member for Thai food at Siam Thai. They strictly require masks and check your temperature upon entering. Lovely food and kind employees.

All in all, your quiet downtown Mobile was a delight. We hope to return again. You all support these people so they can stick around.
Nice, you hit some great spots! Lots more to try when you come back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 07:33 AM

New pop up restaurant coming in November to downtown. If it does well they will make it into a fulltime restaurant. Not sure where it will be located, but I do know they are doing it in a restaurant that already exists. It will be an Asian/Latin fusion (think Kogi in LA). So Korean Al Pastor Tacos, Korean BBQ burritos, Bao Buns, Bahn Mi, Pho, etc. You can check out some of their pictures on instagram from the handle @untitled_stickyrice.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:19 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,885,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
New pop up restaurant coming in November to downtown. If it does well they will make it into a fulltime restaurant. Not sure where it will be located, but I do know they are doing it in a restaurant that already exists. It will be an Asian/Latin fusion (think Kogi in LA). So Korean Al Pastor Tacos, Korean BBQ burritos, Bao Buns, Bahn Mi, Pho, etc. You can check out some of their pictures on instagram from the handle @untitled_stickyrice.
Perhaps this is the new venture that Socu has been teasing? They just started work in a new space across the street from their current location, at 456 Dauphin.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:21 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,225,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
We just spent a couple of days in Mobile on our vacation and stumbled upon MoBay Beignet. Holy moly! They were incredibly good. Wonderful space and great location from which to start a little walk. You are fortunate to have it. Sidewalk tables make it feel Covid safe.

We also spotted Bob’s Downtown Restaurant for a timely, outdoor, Sunday brunch. It had a great local feel and good shrimp and grits—homestyle, not fancy fussy. AA+

A friend took us to Callahans, which also had plenty of outdoor seating. The servers wore masks, tables were well-spaced, I loved their chips with French onion dip.

Serda’s coffee also had plenty of sidewalk seating and nice inside servers. Their frozen latte and matcha drinks are perfect for hot weather. It was a great place to people watch and admire the architecture.

Last, we went way west to pick up a family member for Thai food at Siam Thai. They strictly require masks and check your temperature upon entering. Lovely food and kind employees.

All in all, your quiet downtown Mobile was a delight. We hope to return again. You all support these people so they can stick around.
You hit some really great spots ! I miss the precovid downtown Mobile.It was much more busy ! Spot of Tea has really great breakfast also.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
Perhaps this is the new venture that Socu has been teasing? They just started work in a new space across the street from their current location, at 456 Dauphin.
I think it is.The owner of SOCU has a hidden passion for Thai and Hibachi.

Southern National may open a bbq joint.We dont have enough of those downtown.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:26 AM

Am I the only one that miss the vibrancy of pre covid downtown Mobile ?

Downtown Mobile is a vibe all by it self alone.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
I think it is.The owner of SOCU has a hidden passion for Thai and Hibachi.

Southern National may open a bbq joint.We dont have enough of those downtown.
Southern National has been selling bbq, and they have recently started pizzas. Very good! It is a pop-up called "Steel Smokin."

Old 09-03-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Southern National has been selling bbq, and they have recently started pizzas. Very good! It is a pop-up called "Steel Smokin."

Oh wow and pizza !

Old 09-09-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
I dont think so. I have a feeling it is the former manager of FIVE Bar/El Papi. It's just a guess though.

Old 09-09-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
I dont think so. I have a feeling it is the former manager of FIVE Bar/El Papi. It's just a guess though.
I am looking forward to trying it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area