Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 03:52 PM

265 posts, read 428,548 times

Advertisements

I wish Target would move to Springdale and open nicer more urban style Super Target, it would be in their best interest to do so. If not go to Springdale or McGowin Park, at least they should remodel the current one at Bel air to such since/if we're stuck with it, as opposed to the shabby stale minimal store we presently have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 11:46 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,308,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post
It might be great if Target could go to Springdale and create an urban style store similar to the one at Brookwood in Birmingham. (store over parking) I personally think the parking lot at Sprindale needs to be reworked.
Then taking some of the 'back' space at Bel Air for entertainment focus which is becoming a big part of re-inventing malls; not just the streetscapes.

I think a Lucky Strike Bowling Lounge would draw great crowds of locals and tourists at that location. These are upscale with good food, entertainment and usually feature ten lanes with four private party lanes. Cypress equities is considering this and/or a dine in movie theater at Brookwood.

I think both could fit well at Bel Air. (by the way, strict dress code and all that it takes to keep it family friendly, so no it will not bring back the thugs) I'm sure an occasional big mouth will have to be thrown out but that is better than cycling back to a place no one wants to go.

Huh?

You mean require everyone to where business casual in order to bowl or watch movie?

Old 02-15-2016, 06:52 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,336,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
Huh?

You mean require everyone to where business casual in order to bowl or watch movie?

The actual answer to your question is yes. There used to be dress codes when going to nice places. (I'm sure that is a burden for many)
However, this ain't your grandpa's bowlin' alley. This is a restaurant/lounge with bowling.

According to the company, based out west, the few things they mentioned are that clothing must fit reasonably well. (that is easy to judge) No graphics on clothing that could be inciting. (that is certainly reasonable and easy to define) And some things that could be left in the car will be expected to be left in the car.

Apparently many companies have come to the conclusion that being overrun with the wrong kind of customers can run them out of business, because all the others quit coming.

I know reading here many have expressed a thug problem at Bel Air in the past. In fact malls across the country now see the problem. It wasn't that people no longer liked malls, they don't like the people they often find there.

My personal solution; I just don't go on Fridays or Saturdays.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:43 PM

290 posts, read 382,556 times
When Old Navy moving this month?

Old 03-05-2016, 07:46 PM

67 posts, read 112,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon_regis View Post
When the Belk and Best Buy pads at Springdale become available, Target will probably jump at the opportunity. A Springdale site offers much more visibility from Airport Boulevard and I-65 than the south end of Bel Air.
You forget about all the development on the south end in the way of new apartments.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:50 PM

67 posts, read 112,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post
It might be great if Target could go to Springdale and create an urban style store similar to the one at Brookwood in Birmingham. (store over parking) I personally think the parking lot at Sprindale needs to be reworked.
Then taking some of the 'back' space at Bel Air for entertainment focus which is becoming a big part of re-inventing malls; not just the streetscapes.

I think a Lucky Strike Bowling Lounge would draw great crowds of locals and tourists at that location. These are upscale with good food, entertainment and usually feature ten lanes with four private party lanes. Cypress equities is considering this and/or a dine in movie theater at Brookwood.

I think both could fit well at Bel Air. (by the way, strict dress code and all that it takes to keep it family friendly, so no it will not bring back the thugs) I'm sure an occasional big mouth will have to be thrown out but that is better than cycling back to a place no one wants to go.
We really need to build a major theater complex at Bel Air again. There used to be three there and now none and the choices for movies in Mobile is very limited these days. Maybe a theater-bowling entertainment complex.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:26 PM

562 posts, read 665,582 times
What about Springdale?
With some de-malling of the space fronting the former megaplex that's been vacant for over a decade, they could re-purpose that with some kind of niche theater that either serves food or has other entertaiment options mentioned above.

The issue is what did it in in the first place....the Hollywood theaters down the street. Unless Carmike (or AMC...their future owners) decide to cut their losses in West Mobile given all of the problems unsupervised teens have created. Doing so would leave West Mobile without a first-run theater (or any movie theater essentially)...

Old 03-06-2016, 01:28 PM

290 posts, read 382,556 times
Old Navy is leaving very soon

Old 03-08-2016, 05:58 AM

562 posts, read 665,582 times
WPMI Local 15 ran a story last night about the vacancies at Springdale...

The future of Springdale Mall: What's next? | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WPMI

Should be interesting to see what the owners have to say....IF they comment at all.

There was no mention of Belk...Even though it is widely assumed they will leave as soon as their new flagship store opens across the street at Bel Air.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:58 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,308,826 times
It's prime location. You know something is coming if Bel-Air is revamping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area