Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 02:55 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,220,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
Surge... I see what you are saying. I watched the wkrg forum. I see what you are saying about Carol. Yeah, I think he is dodging the issue and is really against it. It looks like Manzie is open to changing his vote.

Indeed is seemed like Manzie was suddenly pro-annex but I don't trust it, he bowed to pressure the first, I'm sure he would again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 03:20 PM

So I have been thinking about this for a while; how will the politics of Mobile change if it turns out Mobile population had actually grown, even a little, during the 2020 census (i.e a population of 196k+)? Because a lot of politics around Mobile for past 10 years has been around s"how do we fix our falling population."

Will Council members in District 1-3 become more sympathetic the annexation knowing that their hard work is starting pay off (looking at district 2 with the boom of downtown and the momentum of Midtown as well as district 3 with the ball rolling on the South DIP area)

Will even more west Mobilians be willing to be annexed into the city or even request to be annexed knowing that they will be entering a city that has collected itself and proved itself by growing?

Old 08-05-2021, 04:27 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
If this is actually Karlos Finley's post, this is dreadfully shameful...

Karlos Finley on Facebook

Old 08-05-2021, 06:27 PM

261 posts, read 202,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
If this is actually Karlos Finley's post, this is dreadfully shameful...

Karlos Finley on Facebook
He literally dogged that man in the commercial for working as a server at Callaghan’s and SOCU. He said in a comment to someone about that “we need more entrepreneurs in this city, not more servants; unless they’re public servants who have gained independence through entrepreneurship. I’m not downing anyone for working in the service industry, but it should not be the end goal. The goal should be to own the restaurant.” He basically said he didn’t want to trash people working at restaurants but then trashed them saying they need to pursue owning a restaurant. I’ve got multiple aunts and uncles that have worked in the service industry their entire adult lives and have made a nice middle class living doing it. It’s insulting to see him refer to them as servants and admonish them for being content working those jobs.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:02 PM

490 posts, read 464,486 times
I have lost a lot of respect for Finley over the campaign. I feel like his campaign has gotten worse and worse over the past several months. What he did was wrong on so many levels.

Last edited by evlb401; 08-05-2021 at 08:11 PM..

Old 08-05-2021, 07:26 PM

Very bad taste, I was starting to like Finley but I guess he's just as rotten as Richardson is

Old 08-05-2021, 11:28 PM

139 posts, read 214,705 times
Oh wow, I'm so disappointed in Karlos. This was such low move. This man's house was right across the street from the drug house. The city tore it down and built a transitional home for a low income families. He was extremely grateful that the city and the mayor came and cleaned it up the neighborhood. Karlos also needs to consider that this man's wife was killed while riding her bike on Springhill, this could be the reason he walks. Or it could be that he rather not get a car but instead pay off his home.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:13 AM

Really not a fan of using questions brought up by the NAACP in this election, all the questions I’ve seen but like 2 are set up so that everyone HAS to make the same/similar answer. They also don’t tackle the whole spectrum of issues around Mobile; unlike, say, what WKRG questions line up.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:10 PM

490 posts, read 464,486 times
Yeah, a lot of the recent forums that have been hosted (including the NAACP) are an attempt to bring awareness and get out the Black vote. A lot of them were going to be very hostile to Sandy and Sandy knows that he wasn't going to win over any voters at those forums.... that is why he didn't join them. Especially, since all the polls show that most people have made up their minds. However, I would have liked for him to do the WKRG one. But I get it, when you are a front runner you don't want to make a mistake.

Last edited by evlb401; 08-06-2021 at 01:49 PM..

Old 08-06-2021, 02:20 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
Especially, since all the polls show that most people have made up their minds. However, I would have liked for him to do the WKRG one. But I get it, when you are a front runner you don't want to make a mistake.
I haven't seen much in the way of polling so far. Would you mind linking it, if possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area