Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,069,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
You win, EH! Hands down!!

BTW - I called the SS on your behalf: The button is in the mail.

mg
And I only WISH, that I had health insurance.

I will say this. Because I have spent so much time, I've learned the difference between somebody saying no and the administrations telling them to say no.

The health care I've had, has been the best in the country. The health care providers have done a job that is equaled to none. Nurses have been caring, doctors have done what they could. The bad portions that I've experienced have been the result of Policy, Administration, law, etc.

I have experienced a couple of bad nurses. A couple! Think of the hours, days, weeks I've spent in a hospital and that's a pretty small percentage. Everybody I have encountered has truely cared and done what they were able to do under the contraints they were held to.

I have also learned that ElkHunter needs to take care of ElkHunter in the hospital. I've had a couple of close encounters with things that would have made it really bad. But awarness got me beyond those things.

I have been pronounced dead 3 times. Each time a doctor has cried "Bull ****" and went above and beyond. Each time I responded and come back to haunt you folks on CD.

Living will??????? My living will says, "I want to live." So I'm still here to needle each and every post you folks make.

On the flip side. Each and every time, it's been you folks that got me riled up enough to keep chugging along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 09:15 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I have been pronounced dead 3 times. Each time a doctor has cried "Bull ****" and went above and beyond. Each time I responded and come back to haunt you folks on CD.
Are you sure you're not a zombie??

Old 12-23-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Depends who you ask.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:17 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,679,518 times
Nope he is our guardian/avenging angel, just gets around a little slower with his walker.

An we nurses appreciate your kind words. The best thing we can do is listen better to the patient.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:40 AM

451 posts, read 999,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Zombie? Is that a political party or a state of mind?

Old 12-24-2010, 11:07 AM

19,786 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Well I thought of EH while we were driving down to CO.. Went over the Tongue River in WY and recalled your location... Said a little prayer from behind the wheel.

Gorgeous drive down 90 and 25.. Interesting to see the Rockies on the west side of the road and badlands on the east. Helena to Estes Park CO is exactly 12 hours, cruising speed 80mph.. Very enjoyable. This is the first Christmas we have spent with my wife's family in 20 years.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:16 AM

Thanks for sending the good thoughts and prayers to EH.
He continues to need them friends and neighbors.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:17 AM

Threerun,

Thanks. When you went past the Ranchester Exit, you were within a mile of my cabin. On the way back, should you need a break, we could have coffee at the cafe in Ranchester. Let me know ahead of time and I'll give you contact info.

Glad you had a safe trip and the weather certainly cooperated. It's a beautiful day today and supposed to hit 40 degrees. Highways are clear, although there is ice on the streets in town and snow pack on the county roads.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:36 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,584,434 times
Glad to hear you made it safely Threerun. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Elkhunter, sorry I haven't chimed in earlier, but I am glad you are doing well.
I too wish to thank you for your service to that family. Heartbreaking.

My mother just had shoulder replacement surgery done in Billings, kind of had my mind preoccupied and I wasn't checking all the posts like I should.
She is really doing well especially since it was only a little over a week ago she had it.

I came through your neck of the woods last year about this time and it was -20, clear and COLD!!!
The hoarfrost on the trees along the river was spectacular

Sidenote from teamster to teamster, my father and I will be purchasing a team of Scottish Highlander cattle in the next year. Going to have a brace of oxen to go with the Belgian draft horses.
Could be interesting as we have never worked oxen before. We are starting with young calves as they are easier to handle so when they reach full size they won't know any different.
With the long horns and long hair, they should look pretty cool for parades.

Dad says the only thing he doesn't like is the fact he has to walk to drive them instead of sitting on a wagon seat like with horses. I think the walking is safer for him as his last team of horses took off and dumped him out on the prairie. He is 75 years old and doesn't bounce as good as he used to. If he is walking, he isn't in danger of getting launched off a wagon at high speeds, so I think the oxen are a good idea for him

He may not run as fast as he used to, but he can still outrun me

Safe traveling to everybody on the roads this year, be careful, there aren't too many of us on this board and we need them all to watch over Elkhunter

Old 12-24-2010, 11:52 AM

We will need photos of the new ones MTS
Glad to hear your mom is doing well, that is tuff surgery and tuff recovery.
Merry Christmas to you and yours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: