Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 05:34 PM

475 posts, read 1,499,127 times

Advertisements

Feel better EH and have a blessed Christmas with your family and loved ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 09:24 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Threerun,

Thanks. When you went past the Ranchester Exit, you were within a mile of my cabin. On the way back, should you need a break, we could have coffee at the cafe in Ranchester. Let me know ahead of time and I'll give you contact info.

Glad you had a safe trip and the weather certainly cooperated. It's a beautiful day today and supposed to hit 40 degrees. Highways are clear, although there is ice on the streets in town and snow pack on the county roads.
We very well may take you up on that. We plan on heading back next Saturday (New Years Day).. Wouldn't mind a sit and a cup of coffee around that mile marker of the trip.. I'll buy the Joe!

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2010, 10:07 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,069,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
We very well may take you up on that. We plan on heading back next Saturday (New Years Day).. Wouldn't mind a sit and a cup of coffee around that mile marker of the trip.. I'll buy the Joe!

Merry Christmas!
Don't think the little cafe out here will be open on New Years day, but I'll darn sure drive into Sheridan and meet you at Perkins or JB's or the Truck Stop at the North end of town. Truck stop is probably best. Easy off and on the interstate.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:32 PM

Up late tonight. Too many hours catchin naps today. By doctors orders!

I didn't say anything earlier because I wanted to see how this played out. But I'm feeling better so I think I'm going to make it. haha

I didn't feel good all night, last night. So this morning, early, I went to the hospital (VA). I have pnemonia. I refused to spend another Christmas in the hospital. Have done that in the past. So, they allowed me to go home as long as I would call in after 4 with my BP readings, my temp, and my blood sugars. I am not allowed to feed horses or exert myself. So, today I napped all day, off an on. I ate chicken soup for lunch, I had Tomatoe soup for supper. But, I actually feel better.

So, after sleeping all day, I guess I have the Santa Watch. It's an important position that bears watching. I read Rez's Santa thread and now know my responsibilities.

I'm not supposed to do anything tomorrow either. But the temptation is too great. I'm not going to try and drive into town, however, my daughter has decided to come out here and pick me up. So I don't exert myself. She'll pick me up early so I can watch the grandkids open presents. Then she'll bring me back home. Should be a full day.

Today, even though I wasn't supposed to exert myself, I made 2 batches of fudge. That's 12 pounds of fudge setting here on the counter.

One batch is going to my daughters house. The other batch, I'm taking to the VA at the nurses station. The nurses will be able to take a nice hunk of fudge to each patient that can have a piece of fudge. Also, each nurse, aid, doctor will be able to have a piece. A batch is a 9x13 pan, 1.5 inches thick. So there will be plenty. I have done this every year for the last 3 years. I hope to make it a life long tradition.

If you folks have the time, please think of your veterans that have served. If you have spare time, please visit the local VA and just shake hands and say howdy to those that are stuck in the hospital on Christmas.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:38 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,679,518 times
Merry Christmas EH,
God bless your kind acts of unselfishness.
Happy that you are letting your family help you, they need that as much as you do.
Health and happiness in the new year, you are on the minds of your friends here.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:52 PM

I did too much yesterday and have paying for it since. I was plumb wore out last night. Went to bed early and slept til 9 this morning. Got up just long enough to take meds and went back to bed. Slept til almost noon. Got up and had some lunch and then layed back and slept til 3 or so. Got up and fiddled around for an hour and then napped until 5. Made supper and have been a vegitable since then. Just too much in one day. But I'm a survivor. hahaha Just wore out. Tomorrow I have to go to town again. This just ain't right. Went to town 3 times in one month. What more can a person expect out of one individual?

Finally, you folks get to see what ElkHunter looks like. I finally posted my pic in my profile.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:10 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
Catchin' naps is hard work -- it'll wear ya out for sure!!

Sometimes I have to go to town once a week. Dreadful, I tellya!!

New profile pic explains why folks were running so fast

Old 12-27-2010, 07:35 AM

See Virginia, there is a Santa
EH put a photo of him on his profile.
Get some rest, listen to your body.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:37 PM

EH, hope this day found you a little better.
I saw this company via the interlake news up in the flathead valley. Interesting wagons, you might like to look at.
Take care.
Flathead Valley Sleigh & Carriage Rides

Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Went into town yesterday evening for Elk Loin supper at my daughters house. Outstanding meal. It was backstrap off the yearling she shot this year. Tender to say the least.

Wore myself out. Slept hard from about 10:30 until 5 this morning. Got up and fixed breakfast and kicked back on the couch and slept til 11. Just in time to fix lunch.

Actually feeling pretty good, just weak and tired. No coughing or congestion, and my chest don't hurt anymore. So maybe I got this thing kicked. Sure hope so. After have the Viral Gastroentitis and then pnomonia (sp) I'm about draggigng for strength. hahaha I wear myself out just taking the trash out.

Interesting website. We're watching for the flyer from Bowman. They always have a big auction in February. We took 6 rigs up there last year and ended up selling all but one. The Oak wagon used last week in the funeral. Also took up 8 sets of harness and sold. This year we're looking at buying instead of selling. Depends what they have. In particular we're loolking to get a new chassis to replace the chassis that was wrecked on the way to Alaska. Still haven't found one. Oh we can get a new one, but not wanting to pay $3500. for a chassis. Too many used ones around. Just need to find somebody willing to part with one. haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: