Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 06:55 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,556,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
America these day... big trucks, big houses, big appetites, big egos and big a**es. And you wonder why the rest of the world looks on us like we're a bunch of idiots.
This was great! I think the U.S. foreign policies are a better way to explain why the rest of the world thinks we're a bunch of idiots, but I still love your comment.

Managed growth is a good thing. Runaway, unchecked growth that ends up strangling the life out of everyone and everything is not. The only ones who end up rich are the developers. They don't care how close together the houses are; they're not living there, right? They have their multi-million dollar mansion elsewhere. I sometimes wonder whatever happened to the quaint idea of a social conscience?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 08:19 PM

922 posts, read 1,909,729 times
Hi kapin! So you think here in MT we live in Blight? Thank you for saving us. So we should be like CO. huh. yeah Vail is such a great place for the joe six-pack. and see stars, you meant the ones from hollywood that come to ski. there like the ones in Jackson WY. they've done wonders for the little people. and the new modern medicine, why I hear they have sumthin called penicillyian. How did we ever survive with out it all. Hoarding the air? well hell yeah we want it just like the big cities have, come share that with the growth. and finally you will get to learn to live off the land? LOL, you gotta be kidding, people travel in motorhomes. very few know how to open a can of soup. JJm is right, please come visit, but remember to go home to your mess. Tears in my eyes, gotta quit laughing,er typing.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:42 PM

90 posts, read 318,020 times
mark6052 - NWIP (Not What I Posted) but you keep having fun with your Straw Men....

- KK

Old 02-11-2007, 07:36 AM

6 posts, read 31,375 times
Joe joe man,
I had to read back a ways to see what all the fuss was about, but I can not agree with you more! I am looking forward to looking up and seeing the stars shinning down on myself and my children. Keep hoarding that air up there, since we are going to need to share it with you when we get there. The blight of the country is in the areas where we have cut down all the trees and flattened the land to build fancy homes and golf courses that only the disgustingly wealty can afford. I would rather look out the window and see a beautiful meadow full of wild flowers, rather then a bunch of steel and mortar. I think this is why we are so excited about moving to your neck of the woods. I am fed up with the devestation that comes with progress and the toll that it takes on our families, especially our children. Keep your beliefs and values strong, that is why we love Montanans soo much. You still have the love for your land and your way of life enough to fight to keep it that way!

Old 02-11-2007, 12:35 PM

495 posts, read 493,452 times
Joexercat....
If you like distruction, you are coming to the right place, you can witness it first hand. You can see how it was all done to the place you are leaving, we are well on our way up here of turning montana into the place you are leaving. You probably won't recognize it at first, but I guarentte you'll will in short time. Unless you are into construction, realestate or something like that then in which case you probably won't be able to get enough of it.
If people would have done something years ago where you live, you wouldn't have to be moving now.
Sorry to burst the bubble of people wanting to move here, or throw disparaging remarks in their direction. I won't have to if they hadn't wrought such a mess on our state.
And how did you come to think that montana had a lock on the air or stars. If you really want air, open spaces, mountains, and cheap realestate try mid Idaho, it's beautiful and cheap, if you want real small town or rural life. But I suspect most people want the trendy foo-foo life style that montana has now become or else they'd be somewhere else.
And please try to remember these are just my opinions. I meet new people who come to the state all the time, and although I don't appreciate of their contribution to the problem I am very cordial towards them, afterall we are all gods children, even if some of us do want to alter their way of life for their own personal dreams....(montana dreams)
I saw a T-shirt the other day......"your montana dream is our nitemare"
There are many beautiful places to live, montana is not the only one....I wish everyone well and hope they find it, but we'll all be happier if we don't try to pack ourselves into the same trendy place(s).
Montana is not all it's cracked up to be. Lots of drugs for you kids, crime, murders, traffic, does it have nice safe places, well less and less, but yes it does have them, but so do alot of other places and states. It seems we never had this problem until that book and movie came out, I guess that was the real beginning of the end for us.
Joe, I suspect it can't be all that bad where you are coming from, afterall you did make the means to get here from there. Don't take me wrong but, people seem to make their money in those cities, work in their factories or whatever, commute and pollute them, in general exploit them for all they are worth, then get disguested, bad mouth them and take the money that the city gave them the oppurtunity to make and split for greener pastures. Then come here with that 'do what you got do to make a buck" attitude, they all say they won't do that here but....."lepords don't change their spots". And well I guess my assumption is correct because........that's exactly what is happening here, people are doing whatever it takes to make a buck. And everyone just wants to look the other way.
Anyway welcome to montana ............"A subdivision runs thru it" please do your part to continue the trend

Last edited by JoeJoeMan; 02-11-2007 at 12:54 PM..

Old 02-11-2007, 05:18 PM

6 posts, read 31,375 times
Joe,
I really appreciate the candor and honesty of the population on this site. We know that Butte has its problems and may not be the most eye pleasing of the montana country, but we can see a brighter future up North rather then here. We will never escape the devestation and the growth that comes with what is called progress but at least we can try and build a better quality of life. We are grateful that we are moving to Montana although it was not our first choice for a job location. We wanted to be in Kansas closer to the grandparents, but jobs are really hard to find in that area also. This is a goverment job for us and so when you get a offer you pretty much jump on it where ever it may take you. It has been extremly helpful to have this site to keep us gorunded and make us aware of what we are going to. As they say the grass isnt always greener on the other side. I am hoping in our case we can prove this wrong.
Have a wonderful week and try to stay warm

Old 08-25-2007, 05:40 PM

462 posts, read 1,708,226 times
Default Butte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxercat View Post
Joe,
I really appreciate the candor and honesty of the population on this site. We know that Butte has its problems and may not be the most eye pleasing of the montana country, but we can see a brighter future up North rather then here. We will never escape the devestation and the growth that comes with what is called progress but at least we can try and build a better quality of life. We are grateful that we are moving to Montana although it was not our first choice for a job location. We wanted to be in Kansas closer to the grandparents, but jobs are really hard to find in that area also. This is a goverment job for us and so when you get a offer you pretty much jump on it where ever it may take you. It has been extremly helpful to have this site to keep us gorunded and make us aware of what we are going to. As they say the grass isnt always greener on the other side. I am hoping in our case we can prove this wrong.
Have a wonderful week and try to stay warm
Joxercat, just wondering if you made it to Butte and how things are going for you? If you read this I hope you'll check in and let us know how you're doing.

LFF

Old 08-25-2007, 08:47 PM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,489 times
I Love the weather, expecialy when it hit's -20* in Febuary and my car won't even turn over.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:43 AM

462 posts, read 1,708,226 times
Default -20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielRead View Post
I Love the weather, expecialy when it hit's -20* in Febuary and my car won't even turn over.
That's why they made block heaters

Old 08-26-2007, 02:33 PM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyflyfsh View Post
That's why they made block heaters
To lazy to plug it in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana