Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 12:09 PM

7 posts, read 26,536 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Montana with my son. I have some family in Bozeman, but I am considering Kalispell.

As far as weather goes, which city is better?

People are the friendliest in which city?

Best family town?

Best for jobs?

I appreciate any and all advice on these two cities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 12:15 PM

6,758 posts, read 8,603,557 times
If you have family in Bozeman, I would say use that as your base. Kalispell is a little warmer than Bozeman weather wise, Bozeman is not as grey in the winter though.

I went through the Bozeman School system and did fine, but that was many moons ago so not current in my assesment.

Both towns have good people, Bozeman has a more snooty attitude with the college, Bozeman is definitely better for jobs. Kalispell is probably more conservative than Bozeman for family friendly, but outside of the city center Bozeman is pretty conservative as well.

Either of them would be a good choice in my opinion, but having family would be a big deciding point for me so you have people you know from when you first move in.

Good Luck

Old 11-19-2013, 12:46 PM

7 posts, read 26,536 times
Thank you MTSilvertip , that was helpful. I was more attracted to Kalispell at first, becuase of the beautiful lakes and greenery.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:50 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,193,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenacp4 View Post
Thank you MTSilvertip , that was helpful. I was more attracted to Kalispell at first, becuase of the beautiful lakes and greenery.

Just remember, the reason it's more green is because it receives more rain. More rain equals more overcast skies.

The thing I don't like about Kalispell is that it's on the edge of the state and country. You have nowhere to go unless you're going up to Lethbridge or Calgary or back down to the rest of the state. Going East or West is not very convinient plus it doesn't take you anywhere. Keep this in mind not just for shopping but also if your son is in school activities.

As mentioned, the job scene will be much better in Bozeman.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:19 AM

7,392 posts, read 12,707,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Just remember, the reason it's more green is because it receives more rain. More rain equals more overcast skies.

The thing I don't like about Kalispell is that it's on the edge of the state and country. You have nowhere to go unless you're going up to Lethbridge or Calgary or back down to the rest of the state. Going East or West is not very convinient plus it doesn't take you anywhere. Keep this in mind not just for shopping but also if your son is in school activities.

As mentioned, the job scene will be much better in Bozeman.
Nowhere to go??? Why, you've got all of North Idaho at your feet!

Old 11-20-2013, 11:09 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,193,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Nowhere to go??? Why, you've got all of North Idaho at your feet!
There's wilderness and outdoor recreation outside every Montana town. There is not however, access to other towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana